2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leicester and wolves spring to mind.

Brought holgate on at 82 mins vs wolves instead of going for the win.
Made zero tactical changes to the team all game vs Leicester.

I distinctly remember that both games were there for the taking for us and it generated a lot of annoyance on here that he seemed to not go for it.
Not sure your recollection of the Wolves game is quite right. We were 1-0 down so it wasn't really there for the taking and we weren't going for the win- when he brought on Holgate on 82 I was surprised, but it was to send Keane up front, who then got the assist for Mina's late equaliser.

If anything it was probably an example of him making an out of the box tactical change that gained us a point.

Not sure your recollection of the Wolves game is quite right. We were 1-0 down so it wasn't really there for the taking and we weren't going for the win- when he brought on Holgate on 82 I was surprised, but it was to send Keane up front, who then got the assist for Mina's late equaliser.

If anything it was probably an example of him making an out of the box tactical change that gained us a point.
Spot on there
Also to counter the Leicester game being there for the taking it was there for both teams and a loss would’ve seen us relegated (obviously)

Dyche never goes gung-ho all out attack, he tries to stifle oppositions and then have us ready for a quick transition from defence to attack. He tried to have us ready to counter Leicester in that second half but they never really went for it as they were scared too so we never got to counter like we wanted

Leicester and wolves spring to mind.

Brought holgate on at 82 mins vs wolves instead of going for the win.
Made zero tactical changes to the team all game vs Leicester.

I distinctly remember that both games were there for the taking for us and it generated a lot of annoyance on here that he seemed to not go for it.
Wolves were beating us to death with a club all game and shithousing all night. And last I checked we picked up a vital point in that game thanks to our center backs. Leicester sure. We had loads of options on the bench to change the game

Yep. Our center backs combined for the goal.

Spot on there
Also to counter the Leicester game being there for the taking it was there for both teams and a loss would’ve seen us relegated (obviously)

Dyche never goes gung-ho all out attack, he tries to stifle oppositions and then have us ready for a quick transition from defence to attack. He tried to have us ready to counter Leicester in that second half but they never really went for it as they were scared too so we never got to counter like we wanted
Didn’t Iwobi’s brain fart cost us that game? I remember an abysmal hospital ball that cost us a win and I think that was the game

Sorry yeah you are right. It wasn’t the wolves game. There was one we drew that he made zero tactical changes in and just accepted that the game had lost its energy..

I get we didn’t have loads of options, but can still tweak things, or give a youngster a chance you may do something surprising (simms vs Chelsea etc) or just try something when the game has stagnated. (May have been palace or forest).

Sorry yeah you are right. It wasn’t the wolves game. There was one we drew that he made zero tactical changes in and just accepted that the game had lost its energy..

I get we didn’t have loads of options, but can still tweak things, or give a youngster a chance you may do something surprising (simms vs Chelsea etc) or just try something when the game has stagnated. (May have been palace or forest).
I think you are referring to the forest away game. He doesn’t make many changes but had limited options last season.
We are all hoping to have better options off the bench this season, but that looks unlikely at present. So if that stays the same wouldn’t know what dyche would do or not if more options available to him.

The one thing this season that needs to be addressed this season, is the amount of mistakes we make and then concede from them. Last season it seemed every mistake we made we got punished for. Silly mistakes like a simple 5-10 yard pass for example, iwobi against Leicester and doucoure against wolves spring to mind but there are more.

‘We showed in the second half of last season that we needed to find different ways of scoring goals, and we are going to have to do that going forwards’.

Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back