2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if Dyche slips up at the end or he just remembers what club he's at lol

"We might have a couple more bodies in... fit sorry"
It was an interesting line, interpreting it as a couple more fit but you never know. Think DCL's program will probably include minutes next weekend now he's in full training, not sure who else might be back, there's no info on what's actually wrong with Myko as far as I can see.

Dyche survived last season because he was willing to experiment and look for solutions. The question is now that he is safe for another season, will he continue to do so? Koeman and Silva got themselves fired because they were absolute cowards.

If we don’t get the one or two signings we ABSOLUTELY need, will Dyche still actively look for ways to make this team click or will he lop Maupay onto the pitch and blame the players?

At the end of the Bournemouth game he said things had to change,they haven't,no transfer kitty to speak of so the board are looking for a point s game average for us to just stay up.
Which will not assuage the majority of supporters, who on the whole do not care who is the owner or chairman , but just want to see an Everton team play football and win games.
Fail in either of those categories and a manager will struggle.
Fail in both and he’s as good as gone,

Dyche survived last season because he was willing to experiment and look for solutions. The question is now that he is safe for another season, will he continue to do so? Koeman and Silva got themselves fired because they were absolute cowards.

If we don’t get the one or two signings we ABSOLUTELY need, will Dyche still actively look for ways to make this team click or will he lop Maupay onto the pitch and blame the players?
Dyche survived due to worldie goals from Coleman and Doucoure and a penalty save from Pickford. Played for draws repeatedly in must win games.

Dyche survived due to worldie goals from Coleman and Doucoure and a penalty save from Pickford. Played for draws repeatedly in must win games.
Yeah no. As I said if we play this game, Dyche survived after we sold Richy and Gordon, Dyche survived after Doucore’s idiot red card, Dyche had no fit striker for the majority of his games. You can criticize the lack of production (which is completely fair and it was terrible), but the guy didn’t play for draws whatsoever. That is completely false.

Which will not assuage the majority of supporters, who on the whole do not care who is the owner or chairman , but just want to see an Everton team play football and win games.
Fail in either of those categories and a manager will struggle.
Fail in both and he’s as good as gone,
Well this shower are bound to fail to play football,if he can get them set up to get the points needed?

Dyche played to try and win every game. Defend first and then break with intent and commit men forward is different than just sitting back with no attack plan like we saw under Allardyce.

We would never have beaten Arsenal or Brighton if Dyche set up for draws in games we were unlikely to win. I never saw us sit back in possession or just clear lines, we always tried to attack when we got on the ball, Dyche is all about quick transition from defence to attack.

Bit unfair because other teams/managers have good moments of play that contribute to success/winning games. Just because its dyche it doesnt all have to be grit.
This notion that Dyche is a dinosaur manager like Allardyce and Pullis is very wrong. I get it, he looks like a chubby Captain Flint. He did not play for draws. We definitely need more goals in the side but he took a fair amount of risks and actively tried to win games. We just suck

This notion that Dyche is a dinosaur manager like Allardyce and Pullis is very wrong. I get it, he looks like a chubby Captain Flint. He did not play for draws. We definitely need more goals in the side but he took a fair amount of risks and actively tried to win games. We just suck
Leicester and wolves spring to mind.

Brought holgate on at 82 mins vs wolves instead of going for the win.
Made zero tactical changes to the team all game vs Leicester.

I distinctly remember that both games were there for the taking for us and it generated a lot of annoyance on here that he seemed to not go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back