2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lad from West Brom has an attrocious time at Olympiakos, a team who wins the league at a canter usually.

Still young and doing OK at West Brom but he could have been a disaster too, anybody could.

Dyche will have a chance to be a bit more expansive with us now (well not now, now, he needs to keep us up first) lets see if he takes it. That annoyed me about Allardyce, he had the chance to show he was more than just a percentages manager and he just carried on the way he always had.
He was only there for 11 games, still left them in 6th, not like it was bottom of the league or anything.

He won't be more expansive, this is exactly what people said about Allardyce and even when we were safe he didn't play a different style. Dyche has played football one way for a decade, he won't change here.
More than possible. 8 games into Fat Scam's reign of terror, he just didn't try to build on the defensive platform and then demonstrate his complete lack of ambition.

The lad from West Brom has an attrocious time at Olympiakos, a team who wins the league at a canter usually.

Still young and doing OK at West Brom but he could have been a disaster too, anybody could.

Dyche will have a chance to be a bit more expansive with us now (well not now, now, he needs to keep us up first) lets see if he takes it. That annoyed me about Allardyce, he had the chance to show he was more than just a percentages manager and he just carried on the way he always had.

I doubt Dyche will play more expansively

Honestly though, I'm not bothered about that

What matters more to me is that the players put the effort in and actually have a go

If we hoof it and clobber people but pick up wins and finish in the top half again, then I'll take it

That's just how bad things are right now

The answer is no teams in the premier league predominantly rely on crosses for goals. Except us, now.
Under Carlo, (20/21 season) we were the most successful team for crosses from the wing and 2nd most successful from all types of crosses (behind Man City).

Over half of our goals that season came from different types of crosses.

The three teams who scored the least from crosses got relegated.

Honestly with the choice seemingly being Bielsa or Dyche, it doesn't really matter does it ? Both lower half table managers apart from that rare season where Dyche got Burnley into Europe

We're a lower half team right now, much as it pains me to say it, and we will be for a while even if Dyche does pull off the miracle this season

Need new owners before that can change. Moshiri is only taking us one way

Inappropriate Language
What else do you expect right now mate. Champions league and league titles? Christ our fan base our deluded at times.

Im not talking about now. Im talking something in place with a real target of getting somewhere in longer terms.
Thats why i said we might have to take a step back to go forward.
Sean dyche isnt the answer. Its a gamble that he might kick and punch our way to survive.
There is fck all deluded about actually putting something down that you hope to see bear fruit.
Sean fcking dyche isnt that.

Under Carlo, (20/21 season) we were the most successful team for crosses from the wing and 2nd most successful from all types of crosses (behind Man City).

Over half of our goals that season came from different types of crosses.

The three teams who scored the least from crosses got relegated.

I’m not sure why crosses have suddenly become an unpopular way to score a goal. United under Ferguson scored loads of them. Liverpool last season and this season just launch loads of crosses in.

I doubt Dyche will play more expansively

Honestly though, I'm not bothered about that

What matters more to me is that the players put the effort in and actually have a go

If we hoof it and clobber people but pick up wins and finish in the top half again, then I'll take it

That's just how bad things are right now
I hate to agree with you on that one Mikey but as you say we are where we are and survival by any which way is all we can hope for at the moment.

Think Dyche was the only option at this time with this squad.
Still think its 50/50 we stay up but Bielsa would have been too great a risk and we don't have the athletes to play his style.

We need a couple of signings / Dyche to rally and improve the playing standard and the fans to step up yet again.
Big couple of days here .... ( too bad we didn't make these changes Jan 1 ! )

Let's see how he does anyway

We're the experiment as to whether he can do more than what he did at Burnley

Howe is passing that test at Newcastle. Let's see if Dyche can do similar with us

One thing I will say for Dyche is that, if Burnley is anything to go by, if he does take us down then I think he will at least stay and try to get us promoted back up, which he has experience of doing with Burnley
If he takes down , he goes surely?

You know who I feel sorry for the most, all the boys and girls and men and women, brothers and sisters, husbands and wives, boyfriends and girlfriends and grandparents and best mates who go and watch Everton week in, week out

I'm actually quite fortunate that I work weekends and only have to put up with the odd match here and there. It's depressing listening to the commentary, it's depressing watching it on the TV, it would be even worse chucking money away week in week out and get nothing but embarrassment out of this club for your troubles.

I'm absolutely sick to the back teeth of people sniping about the fanbase, "oh they hound this player, oh they hound that player (that means you @Gareth Gibson and @gorgeousgeorgeEFC as the pair of you are like the twins out of the Shining). No one could point a single finger of blame if every Evertonian just decided to call it a day after the way this club has been run into the ground.

The fanbase is the only true thing to be proud of. Home and away, wind and rain there'll be there in numbers trying their very best to will this club to hold itself account to standards that we used to have and are now long gone.
???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back