2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
This better be short term, save us, take a bonus and the sod off!
This is NOT building for a future this is fire fighting from our inept board.

Save us, Kudos, after that you can get back in your box and the Owners need to show some balls and get us in the right direction or this just plays out again and again and again until the inevitable

Bielsa turned us down, am I right?
Don’t know where that left us to be honest.
nobody has a clue. it's guessing.

sky, bbc, the rags etc etc all just churn out utter waffle ? . I'm sure all they know is both managers just considered. nothing else but to sell rags and get advertising on media they need to make up stories.

Not crazy about this but..

Positives;
  • His message to the players will be simple, so can be implemented quickly
  • He needs reinforcements up front but his game plan doesn't require major recruitment elsewhere
  • In our next 2 games we would have needed to play that style anyway

+ be here for the next 11 years

The new Moyesiah

Our squad is miles better than Burnleys...until you get to the wide and forward options.

He has to bring in 3 class attacking players, nothing has changed there.

In a midfield 2 we should also see Onana take on a key role alongside Garner. Thats a positive.

Im ok with the 'negative' tactics as long as the results come and young players are developed.

I’m not sure why crosses have suddenly become an unpopular way to score a goal. United under Ferguson scored loads of them. Liverpool last season and this season just launch loads of crosses in.
Probability. At the same time, crosses are conditioned by where they are crossed from, and in which area the ball is sent. So there are nuances. That is why you see far fewer long shots because the probability of scoring is extremely low.

I like Dyche. Decent bloke who worked wonders at Burnley with a League One budget.

And can he be any worse than Frank?

We are in dire straits. It had to either be Dyche or Allardyce, someone with a proven track record of keeping trouble clubs in the top-flight.

Davide Ancelotti, as nice a kid as he is, would have been a disaster.

More than possible. 8 games into Fat Scam's reign of terror, he just didn't try to build on the defensive platform and then demonstrate his complete lack of ambition.
I always wonder if that was deliberate by Sam. the pay off was huge to sack him. he got us safe in fairness and refused to progress once safe saying he needed results to stay int the job but it was waffle. he needed to show the fan base he could progress his tactics.

If he takes down , he goes surely?

I don't think he'll resign at any rate

He stuck with Burnley and got them back up after they were relegated

He has experience of getting a relegated Premier League side back into the Premier League

Honestly if he wants the job in that scenario then I think we'd be silly to sack a manager with proven Championship acumen

This better be short term, save us, take a bonus and the sod off!
This is NOT building for a future this is fire fighting from our inept board.

Save us, Kudos, after that you can get back in your box and the Owners need to show some balls and get us in the right direction or this just plays out again and again and again until the inevitable
There’s only one direction we need to go for now and that’s out of the bottom 3 and to stay out.

I mean, is ANYONE genuinely through the roof with this signing insofar that you ALWAYS wanted him? I think a lot have to be realistic, we are genuinely favourites to go down. We are not a great team, the board has slandered the supporters and Goodison CAN be toxic. Dyche probably represents one of the best case scenarios to keep us up. If his football makes my eyes bleed, so be it. One of the best managers in the history of the game also played some of the worst football I've ever seen too. Only thing I care about is winning/drawing enough matches to keep us up however massively unlikely that is going to be.

Under Carlo, (20/21 season) we were the most successful team for crosses from the wing and 2nd most successful from all types of crosses (behind Man City).

Over half of our goals that season came from different types of crosses.

The three teams who scored the least from crosses got relegated.

It should also be said that under Carlo we pressed with less intensity and often lower in the pitch than Burnley did under Dyche.

2.5 years is a bad appointment. I doubt majority of the fans have patience for 2.5 years of Dyche hoofball
Disagree. It’s the only way to do it IMO. It’s the correct decision. Anything less gives completely the wrong message and spreads negativity that they’re not convinced. Players won’t be inspired by a manager they know isn’t going to be there long.

Im not talking about now. Im talking something in place with a real target of getting somewhere in longer terms.
Thats why i said we might have to take a step back to go forward.
Sean dyche isnt the answer. Its a gamble that he might kick and punch our way to survive.
There is fck all deluded about actually putting something down that you hope to see bear fruit.
Sean fcking dyche isnt that.
What do you want mate. We all want an Everton winning on a regular basis, competing for cups no doubt there. There will be a time and place for it. Dyche is just a cog on that journey. He won't be the last Everton manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back