2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
They looked dead and buried under dyche. It was only the lad who took over gave them a fighting chance. Could argue the case if they sacked dyche earlier that same manager may have kept them up. They opened up in games and look far more of a threat as soon as dyche got axed.
The new bloke got the new manager bounce. They went above us and still went down.

Our squad is miles better than Burnleys...until you get to the wide and forward options.

He has to bring in 3 class attacking players, nothing has changed there.

In a midfield 2 we should also see Onana take on a key role alongside Garner. Thats a positive.

Im ok with the 'negative' tactics as long as the results come and young players are developed.
I’m looking forward to seeing Garner. Hopefully he’s not far off fitness and Dyche gives him opportunities. Gueye just hasn’t been good and looks a spent force.

Im not talking about now. Im talking something in place with a real target of getting somewhere in longer terms.
Thats why i said we might have to take a step back to go forward.
Sean dyche isnt the answer. Its a gamble that he might kick and punch our way to survive.
There is fck all deluded about actually putting something down that you hope to see bear fruit.
Sean fcking dyche isnt that.
Now isn't the time to make that decision though. The board should have put that sort of plan in place years ago, but they didn't. They've had numerous opportunities to do it since, but they haven't. They'll have more opportunities to do it in the future. Deciding to do it now of all times would have just been the icing on the cake of terrible decisions they've made, it would have been absolutely ridiculous. We're in serious financial trouble, we're building an enormous stadium which we absolutely need PL money to be able to pay for. It's easy for us to say 'ah sod it let's go down it might be more fun anyway' but the reality is that it could be curtains if it happens. Whether they'll stay up I have my doubts, but i'm glad to see they're at least trying. Deliberately taking one step back in the hope they might be able to take one, nevermind two, forwards would be madness.

I don't believe Dyche has spent any of his time off studying new methods to incorporate into his arsenal. Howe is a willing learner and he spent his 18 months off touring Europe and picking up useful points from various coaches. Can you imagine Brexit Dyche doing even a fraction of that????
?‍♂️ probably not yeah

What do you want mate. We all want an Everton winning on a regular basis, competing for cups no doubt there. There will be a time and place for it. Dyche is just a cog on that journey. He won't be the ladt Everton manager.

I want to see the club have better long term vision from top to bottom. Even if it takes time. At least have a target you want.
It has to start somewhere and dyche imo will just be another wasted time to have started it.
But i'll get behind him. No choice.

Under Carlo, (20/21 season) we were the most successful team for crosses from the wing and 2nd most successful from all types of crosses (behind Man City).

Over half of our goals that season came from different types of crosses.

The three teams who scored the least from crosses got relegated.

Because they scored the least in general. Like us now and under Dyche.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back