2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fully behind him, he will get the team working hard which should translate to Goodison becoming more of a fortress which we need to stay up. At least we know every week we will have a style, may not be a style we like but it is better than not having a f ing clue what the team are trying to do week in week out.

I think if he can keep us up he will surprise some people with better players at his disposal.

Lot's of managers have one bad job on their CV. Also 11 games is not much to do anything really and it was apparently more to do with the players not taking to his high demand system than anything else. For me though he is a coach who has shown he can make average players play better and that is what stands out about him.
I agree. It will be exciting to follow his development. At the same time, for all we know, the club has put out feelers, but the person in question was happy to be in the WBA. If so, I understand because it would be potentially career-ruining for a young manager trying to build his reputation to go to Everton at this time. If he continues the good development in the WBA, offers from clubs in a better position than Everton will come.

This is my biggest issue with the appointment.

Personally I dont mind him and think he has the potential to be quite impressive here. But for some his card is marked already. We really could have done with someone boss who nobody has ever heard of so preconceived notions are not applied.

I suppose then they would just be slated as nobodies though...

People will always find an excuse

That's the way to do football fandom online it seems

You pick a stance early doors and then NEVER change it no matter what happens

I agree. It will be exciting to follow his development. At the same time, for all we know, the club has put out feelers, but the person in question was happy to be in the WBA. If so, I understand because it would be potentially career-ruining for a young manager trying to build his reputation to go to Everton at this time. If he continues the good development in the WBA, offers from clubs in a better position than Everton will come.
He has only been at WBA for 5 months, to walk out on them wouldn't look great tbh. Marco Silva had a bit of a bad rep after he got here for walking on Watford. He is certainly a coach with something about him and I have no doubt that over the next few years he will end up at a bigger club.

One of the advantage to appoint Dyche is we dont need to sign many players for him maybe 2-3 players. He probably can save us at the end. If he did it, we should give him another season to stablise our players and squad rather than changing another manager.

One of the advantage to appoint Dyche is we dont need to sign many players for him maybe 2-3 players. He probably can save us at the end. If he did it, we should give him another season to stablise our players and squad rather than changing another manager.
If he saves us, he will have pulled off a miracle of gigantic proportions and will deserve a statue not just another season.

They looked dead and buried under dyche. It was only the lad who took over gave them a fighting chance. Could argue the case if they sacked dyche earlier that same manager may have kept them up. They opened up in games and look far more of a threat as soon as dyche got axed.

He had been there so long perhaps theres only so many times you can give the same end of season team talk...

I’m looking forward to seeing Garner. Hopefully he’s not far off fitness and Dyche gives him opportunities. Gueye just hasn’t been good and looks a spent force.

He and Onana are both able to play multiple central roles...defensive, box to box or more advanced.

Could be a very good partnership.

I think he may switch the 442 to 4411 though so were a little more joined up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back