2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will get behind him. Always liked him as a manager but thought his limit was keeping a poor team with little money in the league and that was it.

Unfortunately because of the board/owner, that’s what we are now I guess. Hopefully they keep their noses out and let him do his job.

There’d be people on here who would turn their nose up at Guardiola. Unless it’s some unknown bloke from a Scandinavian league that no one has ever heard of who doesn’t believe in crossing or set pieces then no one will be edgy enough for the GOT hipster purists.
lol lol lol

It's true too.

Our situation is vastly overstated because people LOVED lampard as a person. He was an absolute [Poor language removed] tactician. A simple change to a decent tactical manager with upside would have us moving right up the league. Carlos Corberon for example is a very easy decision. instead we've gone backwards with a "firefighter" to the dire long ball garbage that just doesn't get it done anymore. Draws don't keep teams up. We're 3 points off 14th not 12 points adrift. Massive overreaction here by the board and the fan base. Just like it was when we hired allardyce.
This is nothing like when we brought in Allardyce. That was never a relegation battle, this very much is. You've also kind of proved your own point wrong, the fact that we're only 3 points off 14th means that draws very much could keep us up. It would be if we were adrift that you'd think we need to throw caution to the wind and go a bit mad because only wins will do, in this situation making ourselves difficult to beat and sneaking some tight games could easily be enough.

qahszqcmp3o71.webp

Have no problem with him. He isn't a sexy pick but we can't afford that right now. We need someone who can work with players who lack the talent of other teams and get them play organized football. I'm backing him even if we go down (which is still extremely likely).

The pressure needs to stay on the board and owner not the new man in charge of the team.

Has two absolute free hits to pick anything up before expectations hit him. If we get one point from the next two games it's a massive bonus.

I've never subscribed to the view you get difficult games out the way and then let a new manager get at easier games on paper.

We are where we are, a relegation battling club, have been for a while. Sean Dyche is probably the best we can get right now. I think he gives us a chance to stay up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back