2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will he u unite the fans like Lampard: No
Is he a better manager than Lampard: Yes
Does he play the kind of footy Goodison responds to: Yes
Did Lampard play the kind of footy that Goodison responds to: No
I'm curious how Lampard did it? Was it through being one of the worst ever managers for Everton (sympathy). Was it through saying the right things, like Greek gods do on the beaches of Quinn's beach to dry wives? (Demagogue) To then send out a bunch of spoiled boys on the pitch who couldn't run, tackle, duel or get a scrape on their calf? To then join the fans' whining chorus, and leave all responsibility to others? I'm just curious, I just don't get it.

He’s doomed before he starts with you lot. Never change!
This is my biggest issue with the appointment.

Personally I dont mind him and think he has the potential to be quite impressive here. But for some his card is marked already. We really could have done with someone boss who nobody has ever heard of so preconceived notions are not applied.

I suppose then they would just be slated as nobodies though...

Hate to keep using the Howe comparisons but Howe couldn’t seem to organise a defence and had the worst defensive record in his time there. He now has his Newcastle team with the best defensive record in the league. Managers can and do adapt, and thing’s definitely change with change of clubs and different circumstances.
Yep, so if Dyche has tweaked accordingly we might have a chance.

He needs players.

6th for Olympiakos is attrocious.
Lot's of managers have one bad job on their CV. Also 11 games is not much to do anything really and it was apparently more to do with the players not taking to his high demand system than anything else. For me though he is a coach who has shown he can make average players play better and that is what stands out about him.

All this talk of "negative" football/tactics has some folk around here sounding like snobbish beauts. I've personally seen a Dyche led team play us off the park at Goodison. Yes, it's "only" Everton he was playing against but I still think my point stands: I think he's going to take some by surprise.

Was that under ancelotti? Nearly every team came to Goodison and played Everton off the park. Fulham absolutely battered us at Goodison. And got relegated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back