2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Dyche. Decent bloke who worked wonders at Burnley with a League One budget.

And can he be any worse than Frank?

We are in dire straits. It had to either be Dyche or Allardyce, someone with a proven track record of keeping trouble clubs in the top-flight.

Davide Ancelotti, as nice a kid as he is, would have been a disaster.

I’m getting more ok with this.

If Dyche had been in place from the start of the season I’m guessing we’d be in about 12th, and cause for optimism with a defined style, good home record, and at least one good January signing who didn’t leave us at the altar

Our squad is miles better than Burnleys...until you get to the wide and forward options.

He has to bring in 3 class attacking players, nothing has changed there.

In a midfield 2 we should also see Onana take on a key role alongside Garner. Thats a positive.

Im ok with the 'negative' tactics as long as the results come and young players are developed.

They looked dead and buried under dyche. It was only the lad who took over gave them a fighting chance. Could argue the case if they sacked dyche earlier that same manager may have kept them up. They opened up in games and look far more of a threat as soon as dyche got axed.

I don't think he'll resign at any rate

He stuck with Burnley and got them back up after they were relegated

He has experience of getting a relegated Premier League side back into the Premier League

Honestly if he wants the job in that scenario then I think we'd be silly to sack a manager with proven Championship acumen
Yup.

But relegation simply cannot be allowed to happen. Not because of the planned relegation parades that the RS will undertake outside BMD but because it would end our great club once and for all.

They looked dead and buried under dyche. It was only the lad who took over gave them a fighting chance. Could argue the case if they sacked dyche earlier that same manager may have kept them up. They opened up in games and look far more of a threat as soon as dyche got axed.
They beat us just before he was sacked.

Disagree. It’s the only way to do it IMO. It’s the correct decision. Anything less gives completely the wrong message and spreads negativity that they’re not convinced. Players won’t be inspired by a manager they know isn’t going to be there long.
the only reason its 2.5 years is that he knew we were desperate and forced our hand.

obviously we would have taken him on a 6 month deal if we could have, which no realistic candidate would have accepted.

All this talk of "negative" football/tactics has some folk around here sounding like snobbish beauts. I've personally seen a Dyche led team play us off the park at Goodison. Yes, it's "only" Everton he was playing against but I still think my point stands: I think he's going to take some by surprise.

Doubt Gordon stays, Dominic Calvert-Lewin hasn't returned to form due to all his injuries, and Gray has terrible decision making in the final third (random worldlies aside)

Tbf it isn't dyche's fault, this team is just bereft of attacking creativity and pace. Unless we get some decent signings the attack won't be there regardless of the manager
That's what I said, we've got nothing else, so hell have to get the best out of what we've got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back