2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a nightmare. Not our worst nightmare, we have seen Fat Samuel and Lil' Sammy in our dugout and we have witnessed the lies of agent FSW. However he is right up there as a football nightmare. He may keep us up by drawing and an occasional 1-0 but my god it will be soul destroying.

Wouldn’t even have been on my shortlist but I honestly reckon he’s a better bet than the others who’ve been mentioned. If (and it’s a big if I know) he can keep us up then we could probably do with a couple of ‘boring’ years of just not being utterly atrocious while we give ourselves a base to work with and he’s more likely to deliver that than bielsa. How we’ve gone from one to the other is the problem, and is why moshiri needs to be taken to the moon and kicked out without a spacesuit.

Wouldn’t even have been on my shortlist but I honestly reckon he’s a better bet than the others who’ve been mentioned. If (and it’s a big if I know) he can keep us up then we could probably do with a couple of ‘boring’ years of just not being utterly atrocious while we give ourselves a base to work with and he’s more likely to deliver that than bielsa. How we’ve gone from one to the other is the problem, and is why moshiri needs to be taken to the moon and kicked out without a spacesuit.
this

I'll hate the appointment because it's basically the exact opposite of how I want us to operate and play, but I also think that pretending that Dyche is below our level is wrong. The 17-18 season where he got Burnley 7th was very impressive considering the lumps he had in his team. I think the fans will get behind him if he gets results, and he won't suffer fools at the club, which should be a positive.

My biggest fear is that he'll work to get a bunch of hard earned draws and then go down because it won't be enough this season. I would have felt better about taking a big swing at this point. I also can't really see us attracting Onana type signings with him in charge, or even more concerning, what dynamic forwards are going to want to come play for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back