2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, that depends on the situation.
Well I thought that Toffeeblue gave a very balanced opinion admitting where he thought he was wrong and pointing out other occasions where he thought Everton had been wrong but also maybe in the case of Dyche let’s wait and see, making it for me a very honest post.

Well I thought that Toffeeblue gave a very balanced opinion admitting where he thought he was wrong and pointing out other occasions where he thought Everton had been wrong but also maybe in the case of Dyche let’s wait and see, making it for me a very honest post.
Oh yeah, I agree. My comment was in response to the claim that you can't beat honesty. Mate, my life would be a mess if I lived by that mantra consistently.

Now I come to think about it, my life is a mess. Maybe you're right.

….interesting if contract talks change following Dyche’s appointment. Lots will be dependant on us staying up, but I wonder if he’ll support;

Iwobi getting a mega bucks new deal (I doubt he’ll view Iwobi in the same light as Lampard).
Trigger the Doucoure extension (Always thought this would happen, even more certain now).
Let Davies contract run down (I imagine Davies will be allowed to leave although it wouldn’t be a total surprise if offered a new deal).
Pickford getting a mega bucks new deal (if we stay up, I reckon he’d like to secure his future with us).
The iwobi one is most intriguing as whether he’s worth £100k/w or not (I don’t believe his personally) he is worth £20m or so if he’s on a long term contract…… so I’ve said before I could see him getting a new deal but potentially also getting shipped out after a window or two rather than go for £5m or at the end of this season when he’s got next to nothing on his contract.

The iwobi one is most intriguing as whether he’s worth £100k/w or not (I don’t believe his personally) he is worth £20m or so if he’s on a long term contract…… so I’ve said before I could see him getting a new deal but potentially also getting shipped out after a window or two rather than go for £5m or at the end of this season when he’s got next to nothing on his contract.

….I have my doubts any team would be interested in Iwobi for £20m. The other issue would be clubs unwilling to match his £100k per week salary. I’ve posted previously that I don’t trust him to maintain the form he’s shown this season.

My other point is I can only see him getting game time under Dyche in wide positions & I’m sure we can find somebody with more threat than he possesses. I definitely wouldn’t reward him with a new deal, I’d try & cash him in or let his contract run down if he’s not prepared to move.

Don't care much for the video because, you know, it's Sky Sports and it's been one game but the running stats weirdly worried me. 5 of the top 7 distances Everton players have ran this season so far were against Arsenal... was this just enough Ferguson vs Chelsea display of effort before returning to the norm on Monday.

Don't care much for the video because, you know, it's Sky Sports and it's been one game but the running stats weirdly worried me. 5 of the top 7 distances Everton players have ran this season so far were against Arsenal... was this just enough Ferguson vs Chelsea display of effort before returning to the norm on Monday.

I know what you mean but it also highlights perhaps how little they were instructed to close down. Also not every team is going to be as good in possession as Arsenal. So that is already less running needed.

….interesting if contract talks change following Dyche’s appointment. Lots will be dependant on us staying up, but I wonder if he’ll support;

Iwobi getting a mega bucks new deal (I doubt he’ll view Iwobi in the same light as Lampard).
Trigger the Doucoure extension (Always thought this would happen, even more certain now).
Let Davies contract run down (I imagine Davies will be allowed to leave although it wouldn’t be a total surprise if offered a new deal).
Pickford getting a mega bucks new deal (if we stay up, I reckon he’d like to secure his future with us).
Your prayers have been answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.