2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dyche and previous managers are one of the last reasons why we are going down. But I also think Dyche is totally the wrong man going forward, and his recent decisions have been abysmal.

These are two separate issues really. No its not his fault we are going down. But no he's not doing a good job either and no he's not the best person to manage us in the Championship

If the last 2 home performances had been under lampard or Benitez then people would be blaming the manager. They've been abject.
We needed to attack and we needed wins and we have brought in a guy who has 1 away win in something like 24 PL matches and who averages a goal a game. I get the initial buzz but when you do a deeper dive into the numbers he isn't the right guy imo.

Dyche and previous managers are one of the last reasons why we are going down. But I also think Dyche is totally the wrong man going forward, and his recent decisions have been abysmal.

These are two separate issues really. No its not his fault we are going down. But no he's not doing a good job either and no he's not the best person to manage us in the Championship

If the last 2 home performances had been under lampard or Benitez then people would be blaming the manager. They've been abject.

And such short term focus on the manager is part of the problem. For years it's given the board an easy scapegoat.

Example;

Everton Board thread. October 23, 2021
Replies. 15k.

Sean Dyche thread. January 23, 2023
Replies. 13k.

The reality, at least as I see it is he took over a team in 19th place and all considered I didn't expect him to keep us up. Majority of fans had wrote us off because, well, we're crap.

Also, if not Dyche for next season who has 2 promotions at first time of asking to his name - add weight to that by naming others you'd go for.

I'd keep him, not because I like it, but.... pragmatism.

We dont need another manager who thinks they can get something out of the likes of Ben Godfrey.

And such short term focus on the manager is part of the problem. For years it's given the board an easy scapegoat.

Example;

Replies. 15k.

Replies. 13k.

The reality, at least as I see it is he took over a team in 19th place and all considered I didn't expect him to keep us up. Majority of fans had wrote us off because, well, we're crap.

Also, if not Dyche for next season who has 2 promotions at first time of asking to his name - add weight to that by naming others you'd go for.

We dont need another manager who thinks they can get something out of the likes of Ben Godfrey.
I'd go for someone like the fella Luton or West Brom. But what do i know, I would have backed Lampard... picking managers is not my job thankfully.

The Godfrey at right back decisions have probably been the worst decisions Dyche has made though. He got it wrong against Fulham and it happens. But to repeat the mistake against Newcastle is not really good enough. Thats a point in favour of replacing Dyche, mot keeping him.

We need 90 points if we go down. You don't get that with safety first pragmatic and percentage football. We need a full rebuild with younger players who will be developed and improved. I dont see Dyche as the right man for that football. In fact I won't even bother watching this brand of football if we go down. There's no excuse for it at a lower level against bang average teams.

Example;

Replies. 15k.

Replies. 13k.

We’ve already got one of those.

Example;

Replies. 15k.

Replies. 13k.

Yeah if we go down then any argument for spinning the wheel to stay up is gone. You don’t need a superstar manager in the championship. We can’t afford a change at that point. Let Dyche get rid of who he wants and put in place what’s needed to get up and then stay up. If we don’t progress at that point we might want to revisit it but at this moment in time a managerial change is completely and utterly pointless.

Im not happy to be a yo-yo team, but we are where we are after decades of miss management. You can continue to be deluded that we are a team that can suddenly start playing football like the top 4 teams but it aint gona happen in the next few years. We either are getting relegated this year and need someone who can bring us up quick playing whatever brand of football is required with the players we have (Dyche). Or we stay up and we need someone who can take us away from the relegation places (Dyche). Im afraid only then can we start to build a future and consider whether a more glamerous manager would work. At the moment we are in constant crisis and people arguing who would be better Dyche, Big Sam or even Roy Hodgson..😒. In an ideal world none of them but we are where we are at the moment. Sooner we can accept sooner we can work together to sort this crap out.
Burnley didn’t do that, they appointed Kompany and romped the championship, playing attacking football. So your point, to put it mildly, isn’t valid.

If he can’t select a moderately successful team out of the current squad , including giving some of our promising youngsters a chance, then he clearly isn’t the man for us, because he will be working with the same group of players next season.
You are excusing failure, and suggesting we reinforce it going forward.
Im not excusing failure, im suggesting that the failure is not Seans fault. Hes had 13 games for goodness sake, i mean is it from solid relegation form, gaurenteed to go down under Lampard to challenging for top half in that time with the exact same players and no goal scorers...
You are one of few people that i have heard say we can make a moderately succesful team out of the current sqaud. I was in that camp with Lampard, but now I am questioning it. Even when we put all our effort in im afraid we still are not good enough to be 'moderately' succesful without further well spent investment in the squad. Happy to give the youngsters a go, but who are they that can help with the current situation? Also their confidence would be absolutely battered throwing them into this chaos, hes probably protecting them from it knowing they are not ready.

Im not happy to be a yo-yo team, but we are where we are after decades of miss management. You can continue to be deluded that we are a team that can suddenly start playing football like the top 4 teams but it aint gona happen in the next few years. We either are getting relegated this year and need someone who can bring us up quick playing whatever brand of football is required with the players we have (Dyche). Or we stay up and we need someone who can take us away from the relegation places (Dyche). Im afraid only then can we start to build a future and consider whether a more glamerous manager would work. At the moment we are in constant crisis and people arguing who would be better Dyche, Big Sam or even Roy Hodgson..😒. In an ideal world none of them but we are where we are at the moment. Sooner we can accept sooner we can work together to sort this crap out.
The Burnley players stopped playing for Dyche in his last season they had enough of his dinasour ways, the season before he and them finished 17th, so his last 2 1/2 seasons he has been in the bottom 4.
And he has taken us so far from 18th to 19th

Burnley didn’t do that, they appointed Kompany and romped the championship, playing attacking football. So your point, to put it mildly, isn’t valid.
Championship is the championship. Very different down there. Would be interested how the current squad would get on in that league playing attavking football with no decent attacking players.
See how Komany gets on in the PL playing the same style. Get battered every week is my guess.

Yeah if we go down then any argument for spinning the wheel to stay up is gone. You don’t need a superstar manager in the championship. We can’t afford a change at that point. Let Dyche get rid of who he wants and put in place what’s needed to get up and then stay up. If we don’t progress at that point we might want to revisit it but at this moment in time a managerial change is completely and utterly pointless.
It’s saying something when Burnley are more progressive than Everton. Dyche is a dinosaur and offers nothing in the short or medium term.

Example;

Replies. 15k.

Replies. 13k.

His in game management of Ben Godfrey against newcastle is the first time i have really layed a question mark. Newcastle could see it. Latched onto it.
Dyche did nothing. Even with losts of defensive options sitting behind him.
Not good that.

Yeah why would we want a man who’s promoted a team twice and then got that same team into Europe on a very tight budget in charge of a promotion challenge.

13/14 promotion 73 goals scored (only three teams scored more) 26 wins 5 defeats

15/16 promotion 72 goals scored 26 (TOP SCORERS) 26 wins 5 defeats

Some mad posts in here.

Last edited:
Great gig that then , get paid a massive amount of money to do a job and if you fail all the blame is on your predecessor.
He is failing to even make a decent fight of it.
The football is turgid , and his player selection is risible.
Coady is better than Keane, Godfrey is a very poor rb, Garner who has looked useful and can score hardly gets a sniff, Simms is ignored in favour of Maupay , or Gray .
His inability to react in and make in game adjustments is very disappointing, (for instance when Emery made adjustments at the start of the second half which gave them the initiative he did nothing),
But all this is someone else’s fault?
He is failing with this squad and regardless what you think of the abilities of the players this will be the same squad he has to work with in the future.
He has shown me nothing to suggest that he is the man to direct our immediate future, nothing at all.
He has completely misjudged the situation that he was coming into , His earlier comments that this was a better set of players than the ones he stayed up with before was way of the mark and I doubt he still believes that.
They may or may not be a more talented group of players but one thing he did not realise is the complete lack of heart or bottle this bunch has , there is no leadership and there heads go down as soon as it gets tough.
I spoke to someone a couple of weeks ago with connections to the medical staff and he was told that some of the players dont give a toss if we go down or not.
Just hearsay maybe but worrying all the same

Status
Not open for further replies.