2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just listened to a podcast and they were mentioning the similarities between Joe Royle and his time at Oldham to Dyche and Burnley.

Personally loved Royle here as manager and he got a great mix of being hard to beat, competitive and also found ways to score goals. He'll have to make sure this side also attack or he'll never get the crowd fully on his side. If he can, then I think it will be a great mix the Goodison crowd will love.
I think he will bring the passion back into the team. My only concern is whether its just that few games too late

This is true but it was 30 years ago now. The league has moved on from that style of manager. Even the clubs coming up from The Championship now aren't Dyche types.

He might keep the club up and thus be a good appointment but he won't take the club forward.
I get what you are saying but in order to move forward we first need to sort out the basics. that is something we have lost. We are no good at the fundamentals. I cant stress how poor Lampard was as a manager for us as likeable as he was. He was the mirror image of a manager that our board are in running a football club. He brought the same levels of chaos to the pitch that they bring in the boardroom

I guess it's a case of if we go down fighting and it's just a case of damage already done. He might be the man to bring us back up?
I would hate to think that was part of the planning in bringing him in as that feels like resignation. but if that is the case then that is on the board not reacting quickly enough. As a fan I am trying to be optimistic in believing the team is a mid table team that has been managed in a professional league by an amateur manager and that is why we are in the trouble we are in. Sean Dyche is a professional manager and hopefully that is enought to take a mid table that is so far down in the league to safety

I would hate to think that was part of the planning in bringing him in as that feels like resignation. but if that is the case then that is on the board not reacting quickly enough. As a fan I am trying to be optimistic in believing the team is a mid table team that has been managed in a professional league by an amateur manager and that is why we are in the trouble we are in. Sean Dyche is a professional manager and hopefully that is enought to take a mid table that is so far down in the league to safety
I don't think we are wanting or accepting were going down, no matter what. We'd of left Lampard in, if that's the case. I replying to the, hopefully we we won't run out of games comment.

What's @ForeverBlue92's take on the Dyche appointment?

Is @davek a fan?

Key GOT influencers and we need to know their respective stances as they'll be key to the coming month's arguments...

Right manager for our current situation but not a fan of the 2.5 yr deal if true.

The unhinged element of our fanbase will want his ginger heed on a stake within a couple of months so just another payout looming.

We just seem to drag these things on needlessly, and it prevents us doing other business.
How do you know these things are dragged on needlessly? I admit I know nothing of the intricasies of contracts, negotiations etc. Clearly you do know, so please explain which particular aspects of the process were needless and have wasted time? Everton might be glad of your advice next time around, so don't be shy.

Status
Not open for further replies.