2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was one of the worst examples though. Basically just sent the team out to hoof it to the two strikers, even though they don't even suit playing together and do mostly the same things.

Well the good thing about today was earlier in the season and Beto and DCL played the 2nd half against Luton together and we all said "they haven't had a chance to work together"....Well they've had a few months of training together and they still looked as crap as they did in September. Nothing there at all between the 2 of them. No chemistry, willingness to work together, graft, playing off each other.

Nah, nothing at all.

Pair of them are team mates and should be embarrassed by that showing today. Looked like 2 players trying to make the other one look a bigger tit than themselves

Well the good thing about today was earlier in the season and Beto and DCL played the 2nd half against Luton together and we all said "they haven't had a chance to work together"....Well they've had a few months of training together and they still looked as crap as they did in September. Nothing there at all between the 2 of them. No chemistry, willingness to work together, graft, playing off each other.

Nah, nothing at all.

Pair of them are team mates and should be embarrassed by that showing today. Looked like 2 players trying to make the other one look a bigger tit than themselves
I dont disagree but hardly any out and out no.9s are used to playing with another no.9 up top. No one plays an old fashioned 442 any more. Teams either play 1 striker on their own or a wide forward/second striker who plays off the main striker or plays wide of the forward.

I dont see how 442 is ever going to work with these players. And the strikers don't have the technical ability to link up with each other.

We needed a Richarlison replacement who could play as a wide forward or a 9. It's one of the biggest issues with our recruitment. If we lose an important player we don't go out and get replacements who can play the same role. And then we wonder why we keep getting worse.

This was one of the worst examples though. Basically just sent the team out to hoof it to the two strikers, even though they don't even suit playing together and do mostly the same things.
They don’t do the same things. Not even close. Other than miss chances.

I dont disagree but hardly any out and out no.9s are used to playing with another no.9 up top. No one plays an old fashioned 442 any more. Teams either play 1 striker on their own or a wide forward/second striker who plays off the main striker or plays wide of the forward.

I dont see how 442 is ever going to work with these players. And the strikers don't have technical ability to link up with each other.

We needed a Richarlison replacement who could play as a wide forward or a 9. It's one of the biggest issues with our recruitment. If we lose an important player we don't go out and get replacements who can play the same role. And then we wonder why we keep getting worse.

Agreed though I'd also suggest neither of the 2 up top are playing like number 9s

A number 9 is your main man and focal point of everything and the player you look to, to get you out of this mess.

The pair of them were an embarrassment today. Might as well have had Brett Angell and Stuart Barlow up top today.

Clueless and simply not good enough.

They don’t do the same things. Not even close. Other than miss chances.
They are both players used to being the main striker in a single striker system. They both go out into the channels and are used to having it played directly up to them back to front.

I dont see link up play as a strength for either of them. And thats a big problem if you want to play 442.

I would happily never see 442 ever again. It's absolutely rubbish

Well it already didn't work against Luton a few months ago, so naturally we'll try it against them again.

Dyche hasn't got a single clue how to break a team down when we can't counter and it's obvious he doesn't work on that anyway.

Well it already didn't work against Luton a few months ago, so naturally we'll try it against them again.

Dyche hasn't got a single clue how to break a team down when we can't counter and it's obvious he doesn't work on that anyway.
Are you joking? Tonnes of clear cut chances today and we couldn't put it in the net

They are both players used to being the main striker in a single striker system. They both go out into the channels and are used to having it played directly up to them back to front.

I dont see link up play as a strength for either of them. And thats a big problem if you want to play 442.

I would happily never see 442 ever again. It's absolutely rubbish
One wants the ball in the air, back to goal. And when he’s going well can finish chances in and around the six yard box.

The other is 6’4” and looks like he’s never headed the ball in his life. He’d rather run the channels and bring others into play.

Other than being tall and playing for Everton, they’re nothing alike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back