2023/24 Sean Dyche

The fact we're still in with a chance of staying up speaks volumes. Remove the ten point deduction and we'd probably need 3 more wins to be completely be safe.

It would also be amiss to dismiss the psychological effects of this circus on the players and manager. Particularly the second charge and the general air of uncertainty that envelopes the club at present. Despite that though, they still look like they have a desire to do well and compete.

I've voiced my opinion about 9999999999 times on here about this - we HAVE NO PLAN B. Is it my job to think of literally a second effective way to play? No. But it seems a no-brainer to have someone like Harrison or McNeil there, as they can at least trap a ball consistently, doesn't it? Or switch the entire tactical setup/instructions a bit so we don't rely ONLY on counters and nothing else, so that the obvious doesn't happen - teams have figured out how we play about 2 months back now, yet we have no solution for this. Maybe try to at least involve the full backs instead of having a line of defenders in games where we've got the upper hand a bit more? Or perhaps, and here's a wild one, try and involve one of the youngsters when we're chasing the game, but not in the 81st minute? But I have no opinion apparently.

And what will 100% happen - sorry, maybe read it again? Or maybe realise that Sean Dyche will sign aging, tall, crap players for his entire career, as it is what Sean Dyche does. Even if we get Saudi money somehow - he will insist on the same stubbornness. I have no other way to say this, it is what he's done for 15 years - Burnley or not, he's spent a decent amount of money on utter garbage, including Wout Weghorst, who fits the criteria Beto does now coincidentally - "is big". Some of the free transfers that got signed in Germany/Spain and England were apparently not good enough for us, while they're doing quite well in their respective leagues now, loans are illegal at Everton too obviously, but during the summer I pointed out some we could probably try for and got laughed at as it's unrealistic and we're skint naturally :)

I've said a lot of times here what we should do to be fair, even when we win.

What is all over the place exactly? You're defending everything he's doing currently and insisting he's doing a great job, whereas I'm saying he can do a better job if he wasn't a stubborn arse. Sorry I'm unhappy my team has this dinosaur as a manager and it makes watching the games a chore, glad the 7 matches or so when we've played well absolutely excuse the fact that we were dogturd for the other 15 or so, including a double loss vs Luton at home to set pieces and them sitting back. Or the silly selections, the lack of subs, actually quoting xG in a press conference as justification for our bad results when we barely have a plan going forward other than utter chaos and hoof it in 90% of the game.

If he changes a lot of his ways he'll be a great manager, but then he won't be here. Currently he's holding himself back with bizarre stubbornness.

Also honestly just sick of excuses - the same excuses that are now valid weren't valid for many before him. Using the same xG logic and lack of plans we should've just sat with Martinez ages ago. Oh yeah and the players are apparently League 2 standard, despite the fact it's not the case and he can't consistently get a tune out of 90% of them, or just switches players for no reason so he can play Ashley Young for his alleged experience.

I'm aware we can't sack him and we shouldn't now anyway, but to think that there's no manager in european football that can do a good/better job than him is a hilarious bad take.

it’s madness to think theyl all be cueing up

that they wil be other managers around europe that could do better?
Yes, there are, no idea how you think that Sean Dyche is the only human being in ALL OF EUROPE that's a good manager.

How many sheets did you piss when we brought in Mr. Nobody - David Moyes - from the lower leagues mate?