Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very sadistic of you, relatable.

I can see that point of view but mine is that he's turning us into his limited mold of football, and he himself is quite limited too with poor game management and all the other things that have been talked to death anyway. We're creating things but there's areas where we should be doing much better in and, "these players/this team" or not, any manager would be getting their head chewed off for - he himself quotes "oh we had good xG", arsed mate, how about we work on the scoring part instead of the "chaos reigns" approach kind of thing we have going for us?

Yeah I get that too... I'm erring on the side of we've gone back to basics to try and get some stability on the pitch and clear the squad down.

I'm quite content with that approach for now.

In 3 or 4 years time (depending on how and when all of the off the pitch nonsense resolves) if we're showing no signs of improvement/progress, then I'll have an issue.

Yeah I get that too... I'm erring on the side of we've gone back to basics to try and get some stability on the pitch and clear the squad down.

In 3 or 4 years time (depending on how and when all of the off the pitch nonsense resolves) if we're showing no signs of improvement/progress, then I'll have an issue.
Pipe down.
We need free flowing positive attacking football now.
This squad is capable of better.
Dyche can only manage one way because fellas here said so.

That is a long way off, should be in BMD then (hopefully)

I do think a lot of fans at this moment just want to see our last season at goodison in the prem and to make sure we’re a prem team going into BDM 25/26 season, they don’t care about style, probably don’t even care who the players and manger are .

But once we get to BMD, thinks will change for 80% of the fan base then. It won’t be about just survival

well we all want the first part of your post mate

and we want to be successful who doesn’t?

we are a very long way of that so when we get in BMD it won’t be ok now we will be top 4 and leg sean dyche

it’s all miles off

the next phase let’s just have stability for a few years aye

He's a pragmatist.

And I've all the time in the world for it.

It's what we need. % football to ensure we stay in the league.

Without that deduction, we're closer to europe than relegation and that deduction also piled on additional pressure.

Not bad at all when you consider we survived by the skin of our teeth 2 seasons on the spin.

People think he's low block etc, which is a nonsense. Think there's only 2/3 teams who have recovered the ball more in the final third.

@blueboy72 @DualityNSNO

more fans for an utter fact want a few years of stability

worry about trying to be madrid in 60 years

I do think a lot of fans at this moment just want to see our last season at goodison in the prem and to make sure we’re a prem team going into BDM 25/26 season, they don’t care about style, probably don’t even care who the players and manger are .

But once we get to BMD, thinks will change for 80% of the fan base then. It won’t be about just survival
I think that is now even with the situation the club has been in, i have questioned the manager this season about his subs and rotation. I do agree expectations will get higher with us hopefully able to inprove the squad. Then we can see how dyche can adapt

we are a very long way of that so when we get in BMD it won’t be ok now we will be top 4 and leg sean dyche

it’s all miles off

Yeah want see a clear structure at the club bring in more players from the academy coming thru. And buying players like onana branthwaite then look to sell high and repeat the process. Hopefully have us move up the table

it’s all miles off

Wasn’t miles off for Villa or West Ham or Brighton. So you’re talking nonsense for a change. A plan and the right people in charge and things can change quickly

I think that is now even with the situation the club has been in, i have questioned the manager this season about his subs and rotation. I do agree expectations will get higher with us hopefully able to inprove the squad. Then we can see how dyche can adapt
Dyche can’t adopt, not a chance, do you think he’s getting a flair number 10 or wingers? Or attacking full backs?

Yeah want see a clear structure at the club bring in more players from the academy coming thru. And buying players like onana branthwaite then look to sell high and repeat the process. Hopefully have us move up the table
That’s got to be the plan certainly. But tbh the ownership needs sorted out first because the structures can’t be put in place until we have sorted out the finances and don’t have a lame duck owner.

Dyche is doing ok. We’d probably all be relieved to be mid table and mediocre for a season after recent events and we would be if not for the deduction. You can’t escape the reality that we have sold our best player in Richy and Gordon who would have walked into the team this season and replaced them with far inferior players and largely have average or very inconsistent players in the squad.

Wasn’t miles off for Villa or West Ham or Brighton. So you’re talking nonsense for a change. A plan and the right people in charge and things can change quickly
I’d say to be fair West Ham and Villa spent a lot of money on players and then got good managers. We spent a load of money on mostly awful players and had a mad owner.

Brighton were putting structures in place for a long time and spent a fair bit of time battling it out in the prem before they developed into a very decent side. hopefully our time will come again but it’s a fair way off as it stands.

Dyche can’t adopt, not a chance, do you think he’s getting a flair number 10 or wingers? Or attacking full backs?
I cant say wrong still need to see myself, has he adapted since his time here yes. With the window that was gone the club looked at a lad from watford asprilla. I dont think recruitment is just getting who dyche wants it is about what the club is trying to aim for. He will still be looking for more goals in this team, to say he cant adapt is to early to say

I cant say wrong still need to see myself, has he adapted since his time here yes. With the window that was gone the club looked at a lad from watford asprilla. I dont think recruitment is just getting who dyche wants it is about what the club is trying to aim for. He will still be looking for more goals in this team, to say he cant adapt is to early to say
Not sure he’s adapted already personally. I think dyche will have a big say in signings and the asprilla story we can take with a pinch of salt. As Thelwell said it’s unlikely we’d do any business at the start of the window.

I could see dyche wanting Harrison in the summer, because of his work ethic, but would it be 20mil well spent

Not sure he’s adapted already personally. I think dyche will have a big say in signings and the asprilla story we can take with a pinch of salt. As Thelwell said it’s unlikely we’d do any business at the start of the window.

I could see dyche wanting Harrison in the summer, because of his work ethic, but would it be 20mil well spent
Will have a say but the club will be going thru thelwell it wont just be a dyche choice. Imo is to early to write him off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back