2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate this sentiment, I think some people are looking just at the game in isolation today whereas others (and I include myself in this latter group) are looking at the first three games collectively, and for me, I am also looking at how last season panned out. It just seems to me that left to his own devices he would not make changes, but he appears to be forced into them from external pressure.
I get what you're saying but Dyche almost seems to be the sort of stubborn character who wouldn't respond to external pressure, in fact it might entrench him more. So i was really pleased when I saw the changes he made today, and when he brought on Chermiti. It showed he wasn't being dogmatic, which is the worry I have about him. So if I was happy with those decisions I can't criticise him this week, but that doesn't mean the jury isn't out overall.

Ultimately the collective failure to hit a barn door maybe comes down to coaching and that's a concern, but these are professional footballers and they should have a big of composure.

What baffles me is that we seem to have absolutely no one who has the capacity to score. You would think the laws of averages one would go in. I know we see them in training drills finishing, but clearly it’s not enough.

They found a way - just - last season. But they played out of their skins to do that and should never have been relied on to get goals this season prior to buying a forward.

It was entirley predictable what's happened, hence Dyche's words are BS.

I’m perfectly calm mate. I asked you a question and you chose snarky. Your assement seems as though you’re being obtuse. Zero hostility. Tough day no doubt.
sorry if it came off that way. I just meant it was something I didn’t feel like arguing about as audition wasn’t meant literally. No hard feelings

The trend is not having a striker bought for him though mate. The players played well, created chances but aren’t finishers.
Danjuma - more of a wide forward, bit like Richarlison will score some but not clinical
Dobbin - never played this level
Garner - not a finished
Doucoure - score the old worldy but crap technique
Onana and Gana - awful finishers
Chermiti - been here ten minutes
Cannon - never played this level

So what’s Dyche supposed to do with that? He’s been left woefully short after everyone acknowledged where we were and our need for attacking reinforcements at the end of the season. Instead we bought a kid who’s not ready made, loaned a winger and loaned an injured winger - it’s a joke and away from the spotlight I bet Dyche is as fuming as we are.
The board is 100 percent the main problem, but Dyche has not done enough. Both can be true

The absolute desperation in bringing on Keane and sticking him upfront should tell you everything you need to know about Dyche’s management. Tactically inept.
He does need options though. He's got a terrible hand in that regard.

Feels like we're circling the drain, this time.

Our season doesnt start until the window closes. Its a disgrace. We throw points away every season due to our "transfer strategy." Thats not the manager. We have no striker again!!! He gets fit and breaks his face. Theres also the injuries. Mcneill and harrison will start when fit. All that aside the centre of the pitch is a mess and has been since he got here. He has to make a decision on who he plays there coz it looks imbalanced and its slowing our attacks down at times and we get cut open every game at times. We give way too much space away down both flanks and having a keeper who doesnt come for crosses we will get found out. Saying that we should have won both home games with chances created and missed. The away keeper man of the match twice. Just hope things gel quickly.

I'm gonna be honest. I have grave concerns at any manager who identifies playing Michael Keane up front as a strategy to score.

I'm not a fan but his treatment of Maupay, Cannon, Simms is just bizarre in his tenure as manager.

Not sure really what he did wrong.

11 was exactly as I would've picked.

He benched Keane.

Maupay remained unused sub and he gave the new lad minutes ahead of him.

Keane was put on to try to flick one on like he did at Molineux.

Ultimately though no matter what the state of a club is football remains a results business and they are very poor currently.

Worrying pattern is he's starting to lose tight games like Lampard started to do and then with confidence lowering the performance levels become more ragged.

Simply can't lose at Bramall Lane next Saturday otherwise he'll be fighting for his job over the international break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back