2023/24 Sean Dyche

What about coming back from a goal down, we’re Probably the only team that hasn’t in the whole league in 15 months. And like I asked what about Chelsea and no win in 4 months. I’m not saying they don’t try, but come on that should be a given for professional footballers. Dyche also has the worst winless run in 67yrs and worst defeat in 19yrs, the lowest open play scorers in the league. He’s done well in the circumstances, but let’s not make out he should be getting manager of the year

No one is making out he should be manager of the year mate.

He said the other day 'we have a base now' so for me he needs to show he can evolve the team even just a small bit next season, say a few more passes over the ground instead of the back too Pickford for a hoof up the park and it will make a huge difference. Also ffs let the fullbacks play like fullbacks otherwise don't bother with them in the first place and waste their time.
Nothing will change if his whole plan is to score off set pieces and hoping we get the first goal, that will never be a strategy for moving forward

Last season was incredible as we looked dead and buried before he came in. Got no backing as every other team strengthened. But he got us through it.

Surviving 2 points deductions and all the uncertainty is a great achievement. Doing it with the league’s most wasteful strikers with games to spare and a champions league level clean sheet record is outstanding.

We can judge him against past managers or other managers out there but who has ever had to deal with the nonsense thrown at us this season? I thought we were gone after Chelsea and even then he gets them to bounce back. No feeling sorry for ourselves, just pure blood, sweat and tears.

Who knows where we go from here but I’ll always be grateful to Sean for keeping us in the league (twice).
8 points not 2

“It certainly is my biggest one, to lead a group [from] where it was [to] where it is.

"It was different last season, but this season has been incredibly tough to see through the feeling and noise at times.

"I took a few hits myself but that is part of my job, to stay focused on the job in hand.

"Everton has become an easy story, the whipping boys of the Premier League. 'What’s easy? Everton. Let’s get on them.' Now we are beginning to change it.

"Let someone else have the negativity and story."

He’s exactly what we need right now and for the immediate future.

What Dyche has accomplished with Everton is really as expected. It's not pretty, but we are mostly well organized and robust. Perhaps in the future we can dream of a different type of football, but then we need quality players.

De Zerbi is perhaps the most hyped manager, and by all accounts, he has done a lot of good. But he also learns that it is difficult to achieve success with a style of play if you don't have the players for it. De Zerbi's style is about creating "counterattacks" by inviting pressure high into the pitch, but then you are dependent on having players who are pressure resistant, and players who can exploit the spaces that arise. With a quality player like Mitoma injured, and partly Solly March, this tactic has become ineffective.

Brighton have also struggled, under De Zerbi, against defenses that are balanced. Despite the fact that he largely uses positional play principles, or zone attacks. The problem is that he does not have the same quality players as Manchester City and Arsenal.

Tactics/style of play is about finding weaknesses in the opponents, and emphasizing the players' strengths. As a rule, the best players will always win if you have equal conditions, but by, for example, creating chaotic matches with many duels and second balls with high intensity, players like Kevin De Bruyne, Silva, etc., will not get to use their strengths, and must play to a greater extent on the opponent's strengths.

So Dyche has essentially done what any sensible manager would have done. He has assessed the strengths of the team and assessed that this is the style that will give us the most points over 38 games. Fortunately for us, he has not fallen for today's hipster ideology, and that there is only one right way to play. The right way to play is the style that maximizes the potential of the players.

His style is going to keep you near the 35-45 point teams. He is accustomed to not having players that are dynamic on offense and plays to win enough games 1-0 to avoid relegation. It is ugly football but he isn't playing for Europe. He is playing to avoid being in the Championship. Until they have real money to spend, he is the best option.