2023/24 Sean Dyche

I disagree. You don’t need to be a perfectly run club to attract certain managers,
We can't get anyone better. Nor should we even attempt it. Were it not for circumstances beyond his control and awful finishing we'd on for European football. I struggle to see anyone doing that with this squad. Some of you need to accept we are not the Everton of the 80s. We're terrible. For who we are, for where we are, for the reality, not the fantasy, of Everton as an institution, Dyche is the man for the moment. If things go pear-shaped we can reassess. But its just silly to replace a manager doing fantastic work because he's unfashionable and we're deluded enough to think we 'deserve' better.

Not if it means them losing out on the title..would rather have them win it than City or Liverpool
Meh as long as the rs are out of the equation then i want us to rain all over Arsenals parade.

I still have mental scars from when they hammered us at Highbury to win the league in 1998! Depriving them of the title would be revenge for that day.

Anyway I've given Dyche a bit of stick on here. I think when you go four months without winning a game then that's justified!

Despite a corrupt PL's best efforts and an owner who's lost interest and wants out, he's kept us up and won our first home derby in over a decade. He deserves all the credit for that.

Last edited:
Sean Dyche prefers the Park End over any other stand.

My manager.

I think the whole Tracksuit change was just his way of him Trying to fit in with the Goodison crowd..

A Suit for away games out of respect.

A Trackie ( or whatever casual Attire ) for home games, to fit in with Supporters and show him he's one of them..

It’s probably been said ten times over but if we take 6 points from the final 9 and add the 8 points we were deducted, we’d finish the season on 50 points.

I think we all would have taken that happily at the beginning of the season. Kudos to Dyche!

Just curious what do you mean 'same again next year' means. We have won 44 points and still have 2 winnable games to come.
I mean playing the most terrible style of football imaginable, Dyche doesn’t try to beat teams by being better than them he depends on being less bad than them. We rely on set pieces, we defend in numbers and try to seek a 1-0. Today was the perfect example of how we will continue to be under Sean Dyche, today’s game is success in his style of football. If you want Everton to be Burnley then you want Dyche, if you can only see a future of staving of relegation then again Sean Dyche is your man. If you want a club striving for success rather than staving of failure Dyche is not your man.

Thanks Dyche. We can't be relegated we just refuse to go down. I mean the crap signings, board, chairman, point deductions, referees , bad luck, ashley young we even had frank lampard as manager everton is bullet proof

Spin it another way, only lost one (to Man City) in the league in January and febuary… march was only bad month.
Or longest winless run in the league and also ours in 30 years .

We have had some crap teams over the past 30 years and we have never gone that long without a win.

One of the lowest scorers in the league , baffling sibs and game management and consistently having to watch the worst game of football on show that weekend …

Thanks for keeping us up but if we are able to juggle finances and actually have a transfer kitty this year, I would want someone else to spend it

3rd best defence in the league.

Now, imagine if we had some pace/ability in the final third?

Trouble is to get that defence he has to Instruct everyone not to cross the half way line .

It’s dinosaur tactics and to rely on long balls and set pieces to get narrow wins , you will always be relying on other teams mistakes to score.

This leads to inconsistent results and long , demoralising periods and also means when you concede first you are unlikely to be able to turn it around as you rely on the opposition to come at you, which they don’t usually if they’re wining