2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
what are you on about

he went on loan to PSV before Dyche came here and played in the champions league and europa league and also won two trophies over there, he then won the Euro under 21 championship

he also played some games under lampard

The Dutch league is no way comparable to the PL and he’d played a handful of times under Lampard and made some big errors.

Whatever way people spin it, Dyche has numerous options he could have done instead of backing Branthwaite, but he didn’t. Just get over the fact he made the right choice for Everton and it didn’t fit into your dinosaur stereotype for him.

‘Dyche always plays experience over youth instead of all these exceptions that I’ll now list with some tenuous reason against them varying from the young player being too good to be considered, to having played too often to be considered young any more.’ Laughable.

What about the other 2 points I made???
Had Branthwaite made a few mistakes he would have been taken out after a few games, but he didn’t
Like dyche playing young over Myko and then at RB, yet he was costing us goals and picking up yellow and red cards every week, but kept getting picked
Did Dyche tell you that himself?

Well the original poster said Dyche would ignore a regen Wayne Rooney for a more experienced player, so the example of Branthwaite is proof that he wouldn’t. We all only know Branthwaite is a star because Dyche played him and kept him in, he didn’t have to, would have been extremely easy for him to play Keane all season, keep tryin Godfrey, or keep Holgate of Coady. He did none of these and played a young player at CB, much to his critics annoyance.
You might not have realised branthwaite was going to be great, but lots on here have been talking about him before this season and that he was going to be our first choice etc. and that was nothing to do with Dyche.

He was being linked to man united etc last summer as well.

You might not have realised branthwaite was going to be great, but lots on here have been talking about him before this season and that he was going to be our first choice etc. and that was nothing to do with Dyche.

He was being linked to man united etc last summer as well.

it doesn’t matter who knew he was good by when or not when it comes down to the original argument. His critics can’t say he doesn’t play youth over experience and then try and make their agenda make sense by just completely discounting Branthwaite. The argument of ‘he was so good he had to play him’ just proves precisely that if a player is good enough Dyche will not only play them, but will start them every week ahead of one of his old favourites from his former club.

His critics are desperate to make an exception of Branthwaite because he utterly disproves their entire argument. Dyche could have kept playing Keane, he could have retained Holgate Coady or Mina, he could have played Godfrey, he could have sold Branthwaite and got in another Tarkowski type. He did none of these things though, he played the younger player every week precisely because he was the best player and his critics can’t stand that.

We conceded 28 in the first 20 games.

We conceded 29 in the remaining 18 games.

Think Lampard did a crap job, but the defence wasn’t necessarily the issue.

Im not arguing about needing the stability and not making loads of changes as I do agree generally but Mina was available for every game Dyche oversaw last season.

I think the issue is, he was very quick to drop coady after a bad game, but persevered for several games with Keane before eventually dropping him for the last 4 when we then won 2.

• Their defensive xG (expected goals) per game was the second worst (1.73) behind only relegated Leeds last season, but this season only four sides boast a better average than the Toffees (1.41).

Clearly then, Dyche evidently knows how the get a team to defend. Coady/Tarkowski had us sat 19th. Coady, was, I'm afraid - awful and never suited in a defence that wasn't a back 3 - the reason Wolves let him go out on loan.

If you want to continue to whine "yeah well, he should have dropped Keane for Mina" - then fair enough. Mina is the better defender, but % football in a relegation scrap and I'll say we needed stability - as you've acknowledged - and Yerry Mina has averaged 13 appearances per season, since his time at Barcelona.

It's remarkable the lengths some go to try an stick one in on Dyche.

I make no apology for repeating myself because some are fickle/ignorant.

A reminder that Dyche come in here;

1691414438571.png

With Arsenal x2, Liverpool A within the first 5 games.

Without a striker.

We all thought we were down.

If we were told he's keep us up, then not spend a bean and reducing wages, then given a 10 point deduction for 4 months of the season the following season - we'd have all snapped your hands off.

He's improved us on our last 2 seasons - we finish closer to Europe than relegation -22 points away from relegation - without spending, and reducing our wages;

1712569419772.png

"but, but, but - he played Michael Keane for a bit"

• Their defensive xG (expected goals) per game was the second worst (1.73) behind only relegated Leeds last season, but this season only four sides boast a better average than the Toffees (1.41).

Clearly then, Dyche evidently knows how the get a team to defend. Coady/Tarkowski had us sat 19th. Coady, was I'm afraid - awful and never suited in a defence that wasn't a back 3 - the reason Wolves let him go out on loan.

If you want to continue to whine "yeah well, he should have dropped Keane for Mina" - then fair enough. Mina is the better defender, but % football in a relegation scrap and I'll say we needed stability - as you've acknowledged - and Yerry Mina has averaged 13 appearances per season, since his time at Barcelona.

It's remarkable the lengths some go to try an stick one in on Dyche.

I make no apology for repeating myself because some are fickle/ignorant.

A reminder that Dyche come in here;

1691414438571.png

With Arsenal x2, Liverpool A within the first 5 games.

Without a striker.

We all thought we were down.

If we were told he's keep us up, then not spend a bean and reducing wages, then given a 10 point deduction for 4 months of the season the following season - we'd have all snapped your hands off.

He's improved us on our last 2 seasons - we finish closer to Europe than relegation -22 points away from relegation - without spending, and reducing our wages;

1712569419772.png

"but, but, but - he played Michael Keane for a bit"
The level of dislike towards Dyche, post after post after post....

It's like a full time job to some.

Branthwaite did make multiple mistakes but I don’t remember him being taken out by Dyche. Weird that. I do remember him getting thrown about like a rag doll by Haaland and diving in way too early on multiple strikers. Dyche continued to back his player though.
Not those mistakes, the mistakes he didn't make. Dyche definitely would have dropped him for them. Definitely.

Branthwaite did make multiple mistakes but I don’t remember him being taken out by Dyche. Weird that. I do remember him getting thrown about like a rag doll by Haaland and diving in way too early on multiple strikers. Dyche continued to back his player though.
Yes had a disaster season according to you.How the hell did he get in the England squad
Anything to make dyche look like some top class coach. He slipped v Haaland who only had 2 chances and scored them both.
Week later missed about 4 sitters

The level of dislike towards Dyche, post after post after post....

It's like a full time job to some.

If his name was Giovanni Dichi and not Sean Dyche, he's get much less stick.

Convinced if we brought in someone like Davide Ballardini, half the people desperate to stick the knife in wouldn't be.

As is, it's Sean Dyche - and some just plainly don't like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back