2023/24 Sean Dyche

I prefer to look at it as ‘the right tool for the job’. Is he not what we need at this time of upheaval? A steady hand?
Possibly, I would prefer a manager who didnt play his favourites, a manager who played on the front foot, but yes, until things change, we have to hope he can maintain the form from the majority of last season and hope we dont have another 4month winless streak.

Keeping Branners is pretty vital at this point, but its a concern that currently we have the same misfiring wingers and full backs from last season.

Possibly, I would prefer a manager who didnt play his favourites, a manager who played on the front foot, but yes, until things change, we have to hope he can maintain the form from the majority of last season and hope we dont have another 4month winless streak.

Keeping Branners is pretty vital at this point, but its a concern that currently we have the same misfiring wingers and full backs from last season.

It's all magically going to turn around...

giphy.gif

…..all managers ‘play their favourites’, the players they most trust and perform consistently well.The players who play most games.

Tarkowski/Branthwaite will certainly be his favourites, regardless of the fascination posters had with Keane this time last year.

…..I’d have thought the DoF takes the lead in determining contract extensions, surely that’s in the scope of his job. I dare say he’d take a view from the Manager but ultimately the decision rests with him.

I’d the Dele rumours are accurate, I find it astonishing regardless of who is pushing for it.

With Onana now on his way, whether we include Dele or not there are now ZERO midfielders whether central, defensive, offensive or wide players that I have more than a passing interest in.

Unless Dele suddenly becomes prime superstar I'd have a couple on the bench but happily move on all of the others in the midfield.

Removing Onana and bringing in Iroegbunam & N'Diaye seems to be a massive gamble to me.

It's all magically going to turn around...

giphy.gif
It did for Villa ,amazing what the right manager can do.
…..all managers ‘play their favourites’, the players they most trust and perform consistently well.The players who play most games.

Tarkowski/Branthwaite will certainly be his favourites, regardless of the fascination posters had with Keane this time last year.
McNeil was dead on his feet most games with dobbin and Danjuma kissing pine.

Lets hope we can give him better options next season.

That consistently well playing Ashley young who played 31 games and 27 starts?

That consistently well playing Ashley young who played 31 games and 27 starts?

….i think the teams defensive stats justify his selection.

Posters talk about ‘favourites’ and highlight a player they don’t rate, but nobody complains that he keeps picking ‘favourites’ like Branthwaite, Tarkowski or Pickford.

The reality is he selects what he feels is his best team and he accumulated decent points. I’m 100% certain he’d welcome a fine RB and more threat in wide positions but in the meantime he was to work with what he’s been given. Fortunately, he’s so far getting us through a very difficult period in the clubs history.

No favourites, just his best team. You and I are supporters with opinions and long may that be the case, I’d select differently but Dyche has to deliver.

….i think the teams defensive stats justify his selection.

Posters talk about ‘favourites’ and highlight a player they don’t rate, but nobody complains that he keeps picking ‘favourites’ like Branthwaite, Tarkowski or Pickford.

The reality is he selects what he feels is his best team and he accumulated decent points. I’m 100% certain he’d welcome a fine RB and more threat in wide positions but in the meantime he was to work with what he’s been given. Fortunately, he’s so far getting us through a very difficult period in the clubs history.

No favourites, just his best team. You and I are supporters with opinions and long may that be the case, I’d select differently but Dyche has to deliver.

Branthwaite, tarkowski and pickford are in the team because their the best in their positions. If they are favourites then its because of their constancy.

Young who had a period where he was starting every week and was costing us a goal a game. Yet patterson made 1 mistake leading to a goal and was bombed out for 4 months because of it.

Same with keane while we had mina sat on the bench. Same with McNeil, doucore ect.

A good manager doesnt play favourites. They play the best players for their positions.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.