2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dyche doesn’t play wingers. He doesn’t encourage width. He sets up to play narrow and shut down one side of the pitch.

McNeil and Harrison are asked to drift inside to support the striker or the central midfield. You’ll never see one goalside of the striker unless there is an open counterattack.

Them 4 you Memtion at the bottom started 1 game. McNeil played 35 league games.
And dyche wouldn’t get a top job with great players that’s fact, he’s at big club because we’re on our knees. And he may play one flair player at best he ain’t playing 3 or 4

Also this was about someone, who’s obviously a McNeil fan, saying he got 12 goal and assists contributions, trying to make out he’s some technical wizard who’s a great passer and creates loads. Which I think is rubbish and believe the majority of them assists would have been from set pieces. We can all spin stats to help our own agenda

That's like saying that David Beckham is crap like, he only assists from set pieces and scores from free kicks, his open play stats are average.

McNeil last season created 69 chances, it outs him 11th in the league for that btw, why on earth does it matter if those chances are from open play or dead ball situations. It's not comparable to a striker scoring most of his goals via pens.

Or are we just assuming that if most of his chances say are from corners then we can just put anyone on that duty and see no big drop off?

Would you judge a forward by how many of his goals are from open play or from set pieces?

That's like saying that David Beckham is crap like, he only assists from set pieces and scores from free kicks, his open play stats are average.

McNeil last season created 69 chances, it outs him 11th in the league for that btw, why on earth does it matter if those chances are from open play or dead ball situations. It's not comparable to a striker scoring most of his goals via pens.

Or are we just assuming that if most of his chances say are from corners then we can just put anyone on that duty and see no big drop off?

Would you judge a forward by how many of his goals are from open play or from set pieces?
Well yes you would, if DCL got 15 goals next season and 8 were penalties, then he’s basically got 7. Will we get the same number of pens the season after. I know people don’t always look at that and strikers love to pad out there tally with pens, I think Toney has 30% of his prem goals from the spot. I’d guess sporting teams Witt all the data would look at that when buying Toney and that’s why there’s not many takers at 80mil, now if he was scoring 30 and 6 from the spot then that’s different, like if McNeil got 8 assists from corners and 8 from open play, Will we score half our goals next season from corners, if we don’t then that wound impact McNeil. And if one of our giants wins the first header is that considered creating a chance?

McNeil is a modern day Kilbane, decent left foot, but is slow, never beats a full back, hardly scores or creates

Well yes you would, if DCL got 15 goals next season and 8 were penalties, then he’s basically got 7. Will we get the same number of pens the season after. I know people don’t always look at that and strikers love to pad out there tally with pens, I think Toney has 30% of his prem goals from the spot. I’d guess sporting teams Witt all the data would look at that when buying Toney and that’s why there’s not many takers at 80mil, now if he was scoring 30 and 6 from the spot then that’s different, like if McNeil got 8 assists from corners and 8 from open play, Will we score half our goals next season from corners, if we don’t then that wound impact McNeil. And if one of our giants wins the first header is that considered creating a chance?

McNeil is a modern day Kilbane, decent left foot, but is slow, never beats a full back, hardly scores or creates

When we get an improvement on McNeil then he’ll be out the team, nothing to worry about. Frankly though he’s been a marked improvement on every wide player we’ve had since Richarlison and that’s not based on offensive stats, it’s based on how the team plays. We’re a better team with Harrison and McNeil in than we were with Gray Iwobi Danjuma Townsend etc.

If we get someone who works as hard defensively and has a better attacking output then fantastic, but I’d hate to see us go back to the days of an attack breaking down and wingers just walking backwards or feigning injury on the floor for ages whilst we’re getting outnumbered in transition. It just can’t happen.

When we get an improvement on McNeil then he’ll be out the team, nothing to worry about. Frankly though he’s been a marked improvement on every wide player we’ve had since Richarlison and that’s not based on offensive stats, it’s based on how the team plays. We’re a better team with Harrison and McNeil in than we were with Gray Iwobi Danjuma Townsend etc.

If we get someone who works as hard defensively and has a better attacking output then fantastic, but I’d hate to see us go back to the days of an attack breaking down and wingers just walking backwards or feigning injury on the floor for ages whilst we’re getting outnumbered in transition. It just can’t happen.
So McNeil is better than Gordon 🤣🤣🤣🤣

So McNeil is better than Gordon 🤣🤣🤣🤣

He’s better than the Anthony Gordon who was in the team in Lampard’s final season who wouldn’t run a yard for us and played for himself rather than the team. Yes he is. A player that can’t or won’t defend, and won’t work for the team, is of no use to us. The Gordon trying to prove himself under Lampard in the first season was very good, the Gordon in his final season was useless and we were well rid of that primadonna. How long before he downs tools at Newcastle if they don’t give him his big move to Liverpool?

He’s better than the Anthony Gordon who was in the team in Lampard’s final season who wouldn’t run a yard for us and played for himself rather than the team. Yes he is. A player that can’t or won’t defend, and won’t work for the team, is of no use to us. The Gordon trying to prove himself under Lampard in the first season was very good, the Gordon in his final season was useless and we were well rid of that primadonna. How long before he downs tools at Newcastle if they don’t give him his big move to Liverpool?

Agree fully with that.

For me say Onana turns into a new Viera at Villa, doesn't change the fact for me both Garner and Gueye played far better than him last season and were more important to the team.

Same with McNeil - we can never seem as a fan base to agree on something, we have a Gordon/Barkley not doing the hard work we boo him and want a grafter, have a grafter we slag them for not being exciting enough.

I know which type is more deserving of the criticism for sure.

Also people pointing at stats like assists etc as a method of criticism of a player - don't look at the wider picture, you can create the chance but if the guys expected to finish can't bury it then you can't blame the provider for that

No mate, he gets 15

I think he does create a lot. Whether thats direct chances or "assisting the assister" like Pienaar.

Problem is DCL, Beto and Doucoure not finishing.
He had 17 big chances created last season, cannot tell how many of them were open play, but set pieces played a big part there surely. 5th in the league with that.

But yeah, he is slow and bad at dribbling, but I didn't dislike him behind the 9. Good shooting and passing is among the best in the current squad, not saying it's KDB at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.