2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thelwell had very little option, we had zero money to be able to pay last season, we had to get a team willing to postpone the first years payment.

It was Beto or going in with absolutely no back up to DCL, in hindsight yes DCL stayed fit, but can guarantee on here last summer not one person would have predicted he would.

Yeah that was more the point. When people are telling me we spent 40m. Scratch the surface and its not as simple as that. A bit like people who are skint and apply for a loan. They know you're desperate and pile on the interest rate.

I’d say his tactics (and the fact that he’s a bit of a bad hank) are the big problems. How he’s managed all the crap thrown at the club, and got the team playing for each other, is a massive plus point. I’m not sure many others would have coped as well. Certainly not the last few managers we’ve had (and they were last), who were much more praised for their ‘style’.

I don’t think he’s a long term appointment but, like you say, this season’s the big one for him and will determine if he stays beyond taking us into the new stadium.

Even though we should always be aspiring to be right at the top, I’d just like a season were we’re not worrying about relegation and we play some nice footie. Feels like it’s been a long time since we had that.

Good analysis mate.

My thinking right now is that I can take a few 'Moyes' years where we just had a safe season

First question I'd assume the answer is partly yes, because it finally appears that we have a director of football who is actually working alongside the manager. Both constantly mention one another in interviews when talking about recruitment at the football club. Does finally sound as though we have a couple of people at the club singing off the same hymn sheet which is refreshing.

Second question, Danjuma was keeping the bench nice and warm because he regularly demonstrated how poor he was. Offered nothing going forward and definitely didn't show anything defensively either, unlike Harrison to be fair to him.
The 2nd point is nonsense imo
McNeil and Harrison stunk the gaff out for large parts of last season, yet got picked every week and rarely got substituted, danjuma and dobbin deserved more game time to see if they could do better especially in that horrendous run. What can anyone do with 5 mins here and 5 minutes there

Yeah that was more the point. When people are telling me we spent 40m. Scratch the surface and it’s not as simple as that. A bit like people who are skint and apply for a loan. They know you're desperate and pile on the interest rate.
But you said he spent no money, which is incorrect, if the money was spent poorly in your opinion, well that’s a different argument

But you said he spent no money, which is incorrect, if the money was spent poorly in your opinion, well that’s a different argument

You're not gona give an inch on dyche keeping the club up in the circumstances.
I think thats established.
Your view. No issue.

You're not gona give an inch on dyche keeping the club up in the circumstances.
I think thats established.
Your view. No issue.
It’s got nothing to do with that,
You said he spent no money
When we spent 40mil on 2 strikers, 3 mil in a danjuma loan and young would have got a signing on fee as a free agent. 2mil???
Tell me I’m wrong

It’s got nothing to do with that,
You said he spent no money
When we spent 40mil on 2 strikers, 3 mil in a danjuma loan and young would have got a signing on fee as a free agent. 2mil???
Tell me I’m wrong

Already covered the price of 40m above. Clubs know we're desperate.
Every man and his dog knows beto isnt a 25m forward.
Its not as straight forward as just chucking that statement out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back