2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
No owners also worked in his favour, because the moshiri of the past would have sacked for that poor run
And we did spend money, unless Beto and Chermiti were free

Two players i dont even think we've payed for yet. Hardly an endorsement. Sure someone posted on here only luton spent less.
Im not his biggest fan but the PL clearly wanted to kick this club into touch.
Its madness some still look at the complete car crash the club is and dont acknowledge he kept the club up quite comfortably in the end.

You could say that for the whole league. Villa got champions league because chelsea and united were sh!te etc etc.
It is what it is. The club stayed up with Two points deductions. No owners and no money.
I mean i get people dont like him but almost everything was against this club from staying up. But he did it.
Thats not at all the same. 3rd from bottom got 26 points

So they were massively shitter than us

Two players i dont even think we've payed for yet. Hardly an endorsement. Sure someone posted on here only luton spent less.
Its madness some still look at the complete car crash the club is and dont acknowledge he kept the club up quite comfortably in the end.
It’s not a corner shop mate. They don’t take the money out the till

They’re assets, they’ll be on the books from day 1

They’ve cost us 40mil pound whether we pay it this week, next week or in 3 years

Mixed opinions on Dyche, sometimes hate him due the way we play, sometimes respect the job he's doing with the situation at the club.

Love the way he has everyone giving their all in the shirt, love the fitness levels and the way he doesn't let bad runs if form destroy the morale and can turn it around (keeps the group together)

Hate the way we set up v weak teams and the tactical inflexibility during games - the ons guarantee no sub before 70 etc...

This summer he seems to be getting in more dynamic and skillful players, so this season is a big one for him, can he either more options create a balance between the solid defence and more entertaining footy...

The jury is out...

Mixed opinions on Dyche, sometimes hate him due the way we play, sometimes respect the job he's doing with the situation at the club.

Love the way he has everyone giving their all in the shirt, love the fitness levels and the way he doesn't let bad runs if form destroy the morale and can turn it around (keeps the group together)

Hate the way we set up v weak teams and the tactical inflexibility during games - the ons guarantee no sub before 70 etc...

This summer he seems to be getting in more dynamic and skillful players, so this season is a big one for him, can he either more options create a balance between the solid defence and more entertaining footy...

The jury is out...
Is it him picking these more dynamic players??? Will ndaiye and lindstrom just warm the bench like danjuma

Is it him picking these more dynamic players??? Will ndaiye and lindstrom just warm the bench like danjuma

Danjuma always felt like a weird player to bring in though, maybe a case of the best we could get even though on analytics he didn't seem to have that core essential part to his game (hard work, good defensive/pressing stats etc)

As for whose picking the players, I'm almost certain it's Dyche saying what he needs and Thelwell using analytics and identifying players within the model of recruitment who fit.

We'll see soon enough though.

They’ve cost us 40mil pound whether we pay it this week, next week or in 3 years

Only Everton would pay 25m for Beto. Its not a reflection on quality coming into the club. The clubs skint and for whatever reason Thelwell decided to drop his kecks for udinese.

First question I'd assume the answer is partly yes, because it finally appears that we have a director of football who is actually working alongside the manager. Both constantly mention one another in interviews when talking about recruitment at the football club. Does finally sound as though we have a couple of people at the club singing off the same hymn sheet which is refreshing.

Second question, Danjuma was keeping the bench nice and warm because he regularly demonstrated how poor he was. Offered nothing going forward and definitely didn't show anything defensively either, unlike Harrison to be fair to him.

Danjuma always felt like a weird player to bring in though, maybe a case of the best we could get even though on analytics he didn't seem to have that core essential part to his game (hard work, good defensive/pressing stats etc)

As for whose picking the players, I'm almost certain it's Dyche saying what he needs and Thelwell using analytics and identifying players within the model of recruitment who fit.

We'll see soon enough though.
Spot on. Bang on the money

Only Everton would pay 25m for Beto. Its not a reflection on quality coming into the club. The clubs skint and for whatever reason Thelwell decided to drop his kecks for udinese.

Thelwell had very little option, we had zero money to be able to pay last season, we had to get a team willing to postpone the first years payment.

It was Beto or going in with absolutely no back up to DCL, in hindsight yes DCL stayed fit, but can guarantee on here last summer not one person would have predicted he would.

The jury is out...
I’d say his tactics (and the fact that he’s a bit of a bad hank) are the big problems. How he’s managed all the crap thrown at the club, and got the team playing for each other, is a massive plus point. I’m not sure many others would have coped as well. Certainly not the last few managers we’ve had (and they were last), who were much more praised for their ‘style’.

I don’t think he’s a long term appointment but, like you say, this season’s the big one for him and will determine if he stays beyond taking us into the new stadium.

Even though we should always be aspiring to be right at the top, I’d just like a season were we’re not worrying about relegation and we play some nice footie. Feels like it’s been a long time since we had that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back