2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
The love in for him is mental.

He kept us up, bravo, so did Lampard. Doing his bit but he’s limited and will need replacing eventually if we want to go anywhere.

Where’s the love in?

Half the forum are saying they’d like him out now, out by Jan, or out by the end of the season.

The other half is saying he’s done a decent job and perhaps he can take us a bit more further before an ownership change/new stadium and it probably needs to be reassessed.

Where in any of that is a love in? No one’s calling for a 5 year deal, there’s no mural of him on the stadium, he doesn’t have a chant, there’s been one banner of him that was linked to the points deduction and that took him almost a year to get, Lampard had his face in the gwladys far sooner.

Where exactly is the love in? If anything it’s open season on Dyche every day on here even in pre season.

Yeah I was not surprised tbh with what he says as it looks like we barely work on tactics much at all. He is just saying out loud what we suspected, that he’s not doing enough tactical work.

There’s what, 2 weeks to go till the season starts? There’s no reason not to be doing both fitness and tactical work, even if it’s basics in the classroom. How are new players meant to bed in and get up to speed with his style and play in 2 weeks?
It’s not hard. Sit back. Punt it long. Hope for free kick. Shell it towards the big lads.

Think they will get it.

Where’s the love in?

Half the forum are saying they’d like him out now, out by Jan, or out by the end of the season.

The other half is saying he’s done a decent job and perhaps he can take us a bit more further before an ownership change/new stadium and it probably needs to be reassessed.

Where in any of that is a love in? No one’s calling for a 5 year deal, there’s no mural of him on the stadium, he doesn’t have a chant, there’s been one banner of him that was linked to the points deduction and that took him almost a year to get, Lampard had his face in the gwladys far sooner.

Where exactly is the love in? If anything it’s open season on Dyche every day on here even in pre season.

Lots of irony in this post.

You couldn't have done a better job of summing up his strengths and weaknesses. Pretty much exactly how I feel about him overall.

I think he deserves time to see what he can do. Not really of the view that once we move to BMD we just ditch him and get someone 'cooler' in.

He should be judged on the resources he's given and I think most reasonable fans will back him unless he starts underperforming in relation to that.
This is such tinpot mentality, and tbf I don't blame you because this is how the club has conditioned us to think.

The stadium move coincides with what will be a massive exodus of players who are either reaching the end of their contract or retiring. Combine that with the additional income we will have coming in and it's the perfect opportunity to start again from a relatively clean slate and build something new, a new team of young players that can hopefully grow together and compete at the right end of the table.

Dyche is not the guy to do this at all. We've seen the best of what he can bring to the club last season and that's his ceiling as a manager. He's a firefighter, a fine motivator and fitness coach and he'll get everyone pulling together. His football is unappealing though, and he's so limited tactically we're never going to kick on and compete for Europe/trophies with him in charge. We need to find a modern, progressive ('cooler') coach to take control of a rebuild and make the most of the opportunity a new stadium gives us.

BMD represents the start of a new era for the club, and an opportunity to finally stop living in the past and start behaving like a properly run modern football club. A properly run modern football club does not employ a manager like Dyche, there's a reason he's one of the last of a dying breed.

This is such tinpot mentality, and tbf I don't blame you because this is how the club has conditioned us to think.

The stadium move coincides with what will be a massive exodus of players who are either reaching the end of their contract or retiring. Combine that with the additional income we will have coming in and it's the perfect opportunity to start again from a relatively clean slate and build something new, a new team of young players that can hopefully grow together and compete at the right end of the table.

Dyche is not the guy to do this at all. We've seen the best of what he can bring to the club last season and that's his ceiling as a manager. He's a firefighter, a fine motivator and fitness coach and he'll get everyone pulling together. His football is unappealing though, and he's so limited tactically we're never going to kick on and compete for Europe/trophies with him in charge. We need to find a modern, progressive ('cooler') coach to take control of a rebuild and make the most of the opportunity a new stadium gives us.

BMD represents the start of a new era for the club, and an opportunity to finally stop living in the past and start behaving like a properly run modern football club. A properly run modern football club does not employ a manager like Dyche, there's a reason he's one of the last of a dying breed.
Only if there is new ownership.

Dyche is the right guy while Moshiri is still here holding the purse strings.

He's the right guy this year, it has nothing to do with what he's earned or deserved.

He's paid (as others) based on what he will produce, not what he has.

The love in for him is mental.

He kept us up, bravo, so did Lampard. Doing his bit but he’s limited and will need replacing eventually if we want to go anywhere.

I’m not seeing a love in mate. He’s been here over a year and the crowd are hardly enamoured with him. I think he knows it as well.

I don’t think there’s anyone who doesn’t accept that but you have to ask is now the right time? We’re still walking a financial tightrope, the team will still be battling in the bottom half, and the playing squad is still not very good and made up of many players involved in back to back relegation battles under different managers.

We’ve got a manager who has improved the team in his first full season, given the circumstances why wouldn’t you give him another one rather than spinning the wheel now? If he takes us backwards this season and the financial situation looks different next summer then sure it’s right to ask the question but I think you’d have to be a footballing headcase right now to think changing the manager at this exact moment would be a beneficial thing to do
Fair points, we will all be behind him from Brighton onwards but I just have a feeling he may not have the luxury this season with any extended slump as he did last season. Genuinely hope he pushes on and proves me wrong.

Only if there is new ownership.

Dyche is the right guy while Moshiri is still here holding the purse strings.

He's the right guy this year, it has nothing to do with what he's earned or deserved.

He's paid (as others) based on what he will produce, not what he has.
There will be new owners before we move. Foolish as it may seem I'm fairly confident of that.

And agree he's the man for right now to keep the ship steady, his job was always to get us to BMD and so far he's doing that. When that job is done it has to be thank you and goodbye though. No room for sentimentality, don't want to hear people saying let's see how he does with more money to play with or anything like that. Massive opportunity for us to turn things around, we need to be serious when the moment comes.

I find it odd that if you watch the training clips they seem to be able to pass the ball pretty quickly and accurately during the drills that they show but during the pre season exhibition and even some games last season. In those matches, passing the ball consistently seemed to be a laborious undertaking I think yesterday we maybe strung together 3 passes in a series at the most and that was a rarity.

Also I noticed the new players actually trying to make runs where the team is so turgid and stiff in how they interact on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.