2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we will be ok. I remember in 2008, I think it was, and we lost to some team from Chicago. That was embarrassing. However, the actual season was pretty good. I had been freaking out but I’m not going to worry too much. To be fair to Dyche last season was difficult and he proved many of us wrong, including me. Deserves his chance.
MLS teams are miles ahead during the pre season as they're halfway through their competitive one, Villa were trounced 4-1 by Columbus Crew the other night.

Salford and Coventry on the other hand...

admittedly we have not seen some regular first XI players yet in pre-season along with some new boys... Pickford, Tarkowski, Branthwaite, Mykolenko, Gana, Lindstrom, O'Brien, Patterson all yet to feature.
However, not seeing much from Dyche so far in terms of managing the players or the game at all. Maybe he thinks these first games are just for fitness, if so, lets be clear. I can't see much for tactics when you swap all XI players each half.

I know its only pre season, but we have been outplayed in all of our 3 games (yes including the mighty Sligo) walk away Dyche please.

So he saves us from relegation in less than half a season.

Keeps us up in his first full season despite an 8 point deduction and actually improved the points total (even with the deduction).

All of this whilst his best players are sold and replaced with cheaper ones.

Yet you want him to ‘walk away because we’ve been outplayed in some pre-season games?

Keeps us up in his first full season despite an 8 point deduction and actually improved the points total (even with the deduction).

Yet you want him to ‘walk away because we’ve been outplayed in some pre-season games?
No but maybe the manager is cut out for those fight or flight battles , the club has to move forward and coaching management has to evolve as well.

No but maybe the manager is cut out for those fight or flight battles , the club has to move forward and coaching management has to evolve as well.

I don’t think there’s anyone who doesn’t accept that but you have to ask is now the right time? We’re still walking a financial tightrope, the team will still be battling in the bottom half, and the playing squad is still not very good and made up of many players involved in back to back relegation battles under different managers.

We’ve got a manager who has improved the team in his first full season, given the circumstances why wouldn’t you give him another one rather than spinning the wheel now? If he takes us backwards this season and the financial situation looks different next summer then sure it’s right to ask the question but I think you’d have to be a footballing headcase right now to think changing the manager at this exact moment would be a beneficial thing to do

Tarks , Branthwaite pickford, mykolenko , gana, lindstrom half a side missing.
Fullbacks , and both centre forwards are a worry.
Don't forget the players have done that gaffers day in the days before playing the friendly, ( did the equivalent of a half marathon the day before the Sligo game as well)hardly ideal preparation, if Dyche wanted to win the game, it clearly wasn't his priority at the moment.
The performance was flat, the defence wasn't up to it, we all knew that anyway.
Forwards worry me DCL looks like he doesn't want to be here and Beto looks like he shouldn't be.
I don’t feel close to certain that Gana or Lindstrom start more games than the guys who played their positions yesterday. At a minimum those players should be fine to take a game to Coventry.

Couldn't make this stuff up really. :lol:

Considering a competitive ball hasn’t been kicked yet, and we’ve made some early signings, the negativity on this forum is absolutely outstanding. Posters frothing at the mouth calling for the manager to walk over pre-season football. It’s going to be a long season for people if they’re this angry already.
presumably they wanted him gone before the poor preseason showings and it's an opportunity to vent it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back