2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should as well. There is one free slot where Doucoure may drop back for Onana - maybe.

I'll be annoyed if all the new signings are just parachuted in for a start.
You won’t see them til Christmas, the team for the start of the season will be what finished last year, and half of them haven’t even kicked a ball in pre season yet.

You won’t see them til Christmas, the team for the start of the season will be what finished last year, and half of them haven’t even kicked a ball in pre season yet.

We're gong to need them at Xmas for sure, the Xmas programme last year destroyed us for months - one of the pleasing teams about this window is the depth added.

Last edited:

Hes never going to be Prilo and i never understand why people will him to be - they dont expect it of Idrissa or didnt with Onana, but he's important to the press and legs in the team mate - he's a leader and often sets the tempo and front foot fight - not to mention being our top scorer - the takes on him by some are weird. Be surprised if he's not in the 11. Weird thing is when we have possession based players and particularly central midfielders who can hold possession people call them crabs.

We may have signed better players -- though that remains to be seen - they need to earn their place and fight it out - we worked hard to develpp a culture here and if lads are dropped on merit in games then fair enough - but lads have to earn their places on the same merit when they get their chance - thats good management.
If Doucoure didn’t pop up with a goal occasionally his only attribute would be his athleticism. If I wanted to watch pure athletes I’d go to an athletics competition not a football ground.
I admire his battling attitude but it takes more than courage to make a leader , a modicum of intelligence ,(football intelligence in this case), is required, and Doucoure lacks this.

If Doucoure didn’t pop up with a goal occasionally his only attribute would be his athleticism. If I wanted to watch pure athletes I’d go to an athletics competition not a football ground.
I admire his battling attitude but it takes more than courage to make a leader , a modicum of intelligence ,(football intelligence in this case), is required, and Doucoure lacks this.

I don’t see any of those things being mutually exclusive mate.

I also dont see how the same doesn't apply to Idrissa or Onana before him - less the goal return.

Wouldn't agree with that take at all.

Last edited:
Watch olympics for entertainment mate. No point obsessing over pre season. Not going to watch any meaningless games when the focus is primarily on fitness, experiment and young players trying to secure a first team spot.

Someone should tell Dyche this because I’ve sat and watch Keane, Holgate, Young and Coleman chug around the pitch for 3 games and not one single change to our formation in that time.

Someone should tell Dyche this because I’ve sat and watch Keane, Holgate, Young and Coleman chug around the pitch for 3 games and not one single change to our formation in that time.
I’m sure 2 of them will hardly play at all this season.

Reactions: MJA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.