2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
His comments post game (covenrty) really surprised me for a manager at this level.

How many of those players both injured and not have been affected by his summer work outs?

Why are we not introducing tactics and shape from day 1 of pre season?

People talk about the real stuff begins in a few weeks that's true but it's the manager on show here as much as the squad in terms of his application. To me he threw the players under the bus but the manager looked like he was not prepared for a friendly.

Arrogance will get you fired faster than you think in the long run.

if we are relegation zone within the first 6 games (possible) surely the knives will be out. Things look as bleak if not bleaker than last year

It's the same type of pre season as last season, poor opposition, under prepared, playing players who won't get a sniff come first day of the season, no plan, no tactics.....that all just feeds into pressure on the players come the first game of the season.

They're professional footballers, they should have spells in games where they look like professional footballers. We made Conventry look like Brazil for about 80% of the game yesterday and when we did get into great positions it usually broke down due to the likes of Harrison, Mcneil, Doucoure and DCL having the temperament and skill level of a 2 year old baby

His comments post game (covenrty) really surprised me for a manager at this level.

How many of those players both injured and not have been affected by his summer work outs?

Why are we not introducing tactics and shape from day 1 of pre season?

People talk about the real stuff begins in a few weeks that's true but it's the manager on show here as much as the squad in terms of his application. To me he threw the players under the bus but the manager looked like he was not prepared for a friendly.

Arrogance will get you fired faster than you think in the long run.

Yeah I was not surprised tbh with what he says as it looks like we barely work on tactics much at all. He is just saying out loud what we suspected, that he’s not doing enough tactical work.

There’s what, 2 weeks to go till the season starts? There’s no reason not to be doing both fitness and tactical work, even if it’s basics in the classroom. How are new players meant to bed in and get up to speed with his style and play in 2 weeks?

He has to get us at least 4th from bottom.

We all know he can do that.

That's where we are as a club.

I expect nothing in pre-season and neither am I concerned about it.

There are some people who've been bitten by the 'We're in crisis and we're going to go down' bug and they'll never recover from it...in fact, they probably enjoy it and would feel funny not being that way.

Not that surprised he hasn’t started working on tactics. His style is the easiest to coach in the game: let the other team have the ball, sit deep/stay compact, force the ball wide and defend the box from crosses. He’ll drill them on that but it is something that can be instilled in a team quite quickly - Allardyce has done it at multiple clubs and seen a quick impact.

He doesn’t want the ball or to spend time in possession, it’s not his philosophy so there is nothing to coach in terms of patterns of play, what we do with the ball etc. It’s just try to win the ball or wait for the other team to make a mistake in possession and counter attack - then it’s up to the forward players to work it out.

Steve Stone mentioned as much in a recent interview, think it was when we signed Lindstrom - we’re not a possession team so his pace on the counter attack will help the team - or words to that effect.

It’s terrible to watch, boring as hell, must be horrendous to play in if you’re a forward (equally great if you’re a defender as you’re protected well and there are no big gaps to expose) but ultimately, it can be effective at grinding out results. Imagine it’ll be much the same as last season, not too bothered by preseason results.

All well and good writing the games off as pre-season but that's exactly what Dyche is doing, we still should be using these games to work on stuff, the results are irrelevant but performances are atrocious and we look lost(I didn't see last night but have the other 2) we shouldn't be getting hammered and played off the park by these teams.

Waste of time this pre season we aren't taking it as a useful exercise too develop tactics and patterns of play.

I'm not bothered by the result but very bothered by the performances.

There are some people who've been bitten by the 'We're in crisis and we're going to go down' bug and they'll never recover from it...in fact, they probably enjoy it and would feel funny not being that way.

I have more expectations mate, every season we should look to finish higher then the last, without deductions last season we'd have came 12th, need to push on from that.

Also without deductions we are not in a relegation fight, that needs to be the target, finish above 12th not be in a fight to survive.
Anything else is just gravy at this point.

Last season at the old lady we should be aiming to sign off with momentum to take into the new ground, not just accepting 17th is good enough.

Not that surprised he hasn’t started working on tactics. His style is the easiest to coach in the game: let the other team have the ball, sit deep/stay compact, force the ball wide and defend the box from crosses. He’ll drill them on that but it is something that can be instilled in a team quite quickly - Allardyce has done it at multiple clubs and seen a quick impact.

He doesn’t want the ball or to spend time in possession, it’s not his philosophy so there is nothing to coach in terms of patterns of play, what we do with the ball etc. It’s just try to win the ball or wait for the other team to make a mistake in possession and counter attack - then it’s up to the forward players to work it out.

Steve Stone mentioned as much in a recent interview, think it was when we signed Lindstrom - we’re not a possession team so his pace on the counter attack will help the team - or words to that effect.

It’s terrible to watch, boring as hell, must be horrendous to play in if you’re a forward (equally great if you’re a defender as you’re protected well and there are no big gaps to expose) but ultimately, it can be effective at grinding out results. Imagine it’ll be much the same as last season, not too bothered by preseason results.

Pretty good summary.

Still torn over Dyche, sometimes can't stand him, sometimes think he's exactly what we needed at literally the last chance we had to get the right guy in.

Long term yeah we all hope for a brighter future where we can enjoy the actual footy, short term though I think Dyche is the bitter pill we have to swallow to get there.

NO!

Leicester
Brentford
Southampton
Fulham
Palace
Brighton
Forest
Bournemouth
Wolves

Sorry i wont accept that these clubs should/will finish above us, i don't care how much of a mess were are in.

One correct change changes all that, THE MANAGER

Sounded almost a bit surprised at how sharp Coventry looked last night, which he really shouldn't have been..

Hopefully last night gave him some food for thought anyway. I thought the last pre season under him was poor as well. He just seems to do things a bit weirdly IMO.. it's like he uses 75-80% of the pre season to run the squad into the ground to 'get them really for a long, hard season' with the more tactical stuff only shaping up once the season has already begun..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.