2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.

The club is a sh1tshow and that is well documented. We are restricted in the player market because 1) our budget restricts our options and 2) not every player will want to join us with the level of uncertainty surrounding the club. Just in the way spending a tonne of money didn’t greatly improve our team performances, having little money doesn’t necessarily have a fatal impact on our performance either.

As often with these things the truth is somewhere in the middle. Has Dyche done ok? Yes (especially when also comparing to the previous two managers) but could he do better? Equally yes and this season will be interesting to see whether he can develop a more progressive style of play and achieve better results. I suspect that’s partly why there has been no talk of an improved contract yet alongside not wanting to saddle new owners with a manager on

Can not wait for him to prove me wrong this season.

Please Sean.
This really, people seem to think just because you have a view on the manager or player you want them to fail to be proved right.

Many peoples views on Dyche are based upon watching his teams over the last decade or so, i dont understand why some think he is going to change a habit of a lifetime because we have a couple of new signings.

He had a decade at Burnley to implement his style and get every type of player he wanted, and right now we are Burnley in blue (set piece merchants, lump it to the big man, second ball team) that's what he is.

Until their is evidence i expect exactly the same.

Playing like this doesn't and wont give you consistency, you are relying on luck and the rub of the green, therefore Dyche will always have a team who's form is scatty like LLWDLDDWLWLLDDDL

He might win 3 games on the bounce but it will be followed by 0 wins in the next 8 games.

This really, people seem to think just because you have a view on the manager or player you want them to fail to be proved right.

Many peoples views on Dyche are based upon watching his teams over the last decade or so, i dont understand why some think he is going to change a habit of a lifetime because we have a couple of new signings.

He had a decade at Burnley to implement his style and get every type of player he wanted, and right now we are Burnley in blue (set piece merchants, lump it to the big man, second ball team) that's what he is.

Until their is evidence i expect exactly the same.

Playing like this doesn't and wont give you consistency, you are relying on luck and the rub of the green, therefore Dyche will always have a team who's form is scatty like LLWDLDDWLWLLDDDL

He might win 3 games on the bounce but it will be followed by 0 wins in the next 8 games.
When you’re a team like us you’re not going to be consistent whoever your manager is and whatever style you play people do seem to struggle to understand that a bit like if you’re finishing anything under about 6th your form is going to be inconsistent just by definition tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back