2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
its probably affected the players we’ve been able to recruit (or not).

I’d like to think they’re doing their best to block it out but I don’t know any work place that functions the best it can knowing that at any point through no performance metric based reason you’re more likely than not to be given your marching orders.

You have a really warped view of modern day football players so we'd be best just leaving this here.

If Dyche is to go, it's because of a 'performance based metric' not because our owner changes hands.

I dont think it is affecting them, both the players and manager are on bullet proof contracts they're getting paid regardless.

Do you actually believe many if any players actually care about the club and its off the field mess? I dont for one minute. They are not arsed in the slightest which means they go into training fully focused.

This is an excuse for players and managers to hide behind for under performing.
DCL wanting a bigger improved contract when the clubs skint! This doesn't sound like someone who is affected by the off field stuff

Yeah if you’re a player and you have two offers on the table one is from Everton and one is from a club with stable ownership who are backing a manager, don’t have financial problems, and have a DOF who will be in place across the whole thing. They’re offering the same wages and playing time. Which one are you more likely to go for?

Yeah if you’re a player and you have two offers on the table one is from Everton and one is from a club with stable ownership who are backing a manager, don’t have financial problems, and have a DOF who will be in place across the whole thing. They’re offering the same wages and playing time. Which one are you more likely to go for?

One with a better location.
One with a better squad.
One with a better manager.
One in more competitions.

Same stuff all players only care about.

If you think a player would turn us down because maybe in the future Thelwell is sacked you smoke straight up crack.

it has to be. he’s done a good job at trying to keep it in house
Matty, Do you think with the same players and manager this season will perform better if all the off field stuff is resolved?
Take over complete etc...

These thoughts are not in the head of players when they are in training
These thoughts are not in the head of players when they are missing sitters or misplacing 5 yard passes
These thoughts are not in the head of the manager when he instructs Pickford to launch it every time he gets the ball
These thoughts are not in his head when he waits for us to go behind before making a substitution

They dont care mate

You have a really warped view of modern day football players so we'd be best just leaving this here.

If Dyche is to go, it's because of a 'performance based metric' not because our owner changes hands.

You have a really warped view on most things in general which is beginning to defy logic.

But sure let’s agree to disagree

We’ve got no fullbacks or strikers this season

Iroegbunam is not an impactful signing and won’t be impacting the first team this season

And severe financial problems and compliance issues off the pitch aren’t impacting the quality of what we’re able to produce on it.

Completely rational thoughts that can’t be argued with.

You have a really warped view on most things in general which is beginning to defy logic.

But sure let’s agree to disagree

We’ve got no fullbacks or strikers this season

Iroegbunam is not an impactful signing and won’t be impacting the first team this season

And severe financial problems and compliance issues off the pitch aren’t impacting the quality of what we’re able to produce on it.

Completely rational thoughts that can’t be argued with.

Is the fact we can't afford better footballs from Sports Direct for training the reason we don't score goals?

It's a shame we don't have one of the most expensive managers in world football to try teach these lads anything.

Oh.

They will go for the better team/club and manager at the time!

Il bet the players dont even talk about it ever, unless they're asked in a interview.
They probably roll there eyes when briefed about what questions they will face if its related to this.

Is the fact we can't afford better footballs from Sports Direct for training the reason we don't score goals?

It's a shame we don't have one of the most expensive managers in world football to try teach these lads anything.

Oh.

wtf are you talking about?!

We’ve sold Richarlison Gordon Onana Iwobi and basically every fringe player we possibly could to comply with PSR. We’re almost certain to sell Branthwaite next season. We’ve been hamstrung in multiple windows resorting to using loans and buy now pay later deals for players less than the desirable quality. Even now we can’t close on some deals because of the cash position of the club.

How is this not affecting the quality of what we can produce on the pitch?! You are moving into agenda driven wind up merchant territory.

Off field finances haven’t affected what’s happening on the pitch. Pull the other one you clown.

wtf are you talking about?!

We’ve sold Richarlison Gordon Onana Iwobi and basically every fringe player we possibly could to comply with PSR. We’re almost certain to sell Branthwaite next season. We’ve been hamstrung in multiple windows resorting to using loans and buy now pay later deals for players less than the desirable quality. Even now we can’t close on some deals because of the cash position of the club.

How is this not affecting the quality of what we can produce on the pitch?! You are moving into agenda driven wind up merchant territory.

Off field finances haven’t affected what’s happening on the pitch. Pull the other one you clown.

But we're still bringing players in? Why are you talking about those sold as if they're world beaters? Iwobi ffs.

We have some good players, who should be playing good football. Coventry played us off the park, do you think we couldn't afford their players?

Absolutely crying at you thinking I have an agenda in the Dyche thread :lol:

You're almost a chatGPT bot from Kettering at this stage. One slight critique of Dyche and you're in here like a flash.

One with a better location.
One with a better squad.
One with a better manager.
One in more competitions.

Same stuff all players only care about.

If you think a player would turn us down because maybe in the future Thelwell is sacked you smoke straight up crack.

I don't doubt that a player, with options, could see the points deduction and relegation fight and be turned off.

We're not really in the market for recruiting players with other options, however.

I don't doubt that a player, with options, could see the points deduction and relegation fight and be turned off.

We're not really in the market for recruiting players with other options, however.

We don't have a points deduction this season though (yet) and we weren't in a relegation fight last season without one. I'm not saying we're gonna sign players ahead of City here but still.

But we're still bringing players in? Why are you talking about those sold as if they're world beaters? Iwobi ffs.

We have some good players, who should be playing good football. Coventry played us off the park, do you think we couldn't afford their players?

Absolutely crying at you thinking I have an agenda in the Dyche thread :lol:

You're almost a chatGPT bot from Kettering at this stage. One slight critique of Dyche and you're in here like a flash.

You’re basically arguing that our financial turmoil off the pitch hasn’t affected the club.

You’re just a troll I won’t be engaging with any more. You’re completely divorced from reality and don’t understand football as it’s played on the pitch rather than football manager. Its not a normal position to be a ‘fan’ of the club and to spend all day dismantling every single aspect of it on a daily basis repeatedly, and jumping on any shoot of positivity anywhere to trample it out. It’s weird behaviour which makes me think you’re just a troll.

Regardless of your motivations or whether you even support the club or not you’ve now slipped beyond rational thought trying to argue finances haven’t impacted us on the pitch. There’s just no point even bothering debating anything you have to say if you think that’s the case.

You’re basically arguing that our financial turmoil off the pitch hasn’t affected the club.

You’re just a troll I won’t be engaging with any more. You’re completely divorced from reality and don’t understand football as it’s played on the pitch rather than football manager. Its not a normal position to be a ‘fan’ of the club and to spend all day dismantling every single aspect of it on a daily basis repeatedly, and jumping on any shoot of positivity anywhere to trample it out. It’s weird behaviour which makes me think you’re just a troll.

Regardless of your motivations or whether you even support the club or not you’ve now slipped beyond rational thought trying to argue finances haven’t impacted us on the pitch. There’s just no point even bothering debating anything you have to say if you think that’s the case.

No.

The original discussion you barged into was me and Eggs discussing whether right now, 24/25 season, we can really be considered a basket case club.

The fact you got your knickers in a twist because multiple people disagreed with you isn't on me.

We don't have a points deduction this season though (yet) and we weren't in a relegation fight last season without one. I'm not saying we're gonna sign players ahead of City here but still.

I'm not sure that a player of another squad would know all of the details, just that we were deducted 8 points and were in a relegation battle for much of the season because of it, and have had 4 potential ownership groups say no or not make the grade. If the players aren't aware, the agents surely are.

Having said all of that, I don't think we were fending off much interest from other clubs for N'diaye, O'Brien or Lindstrom. Whether that's due to our own managing of the financial situation, or the view of our financial situation...I guess it doesn't really matter. We're skint at the moment and everyone knows it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back