2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
….that’s fair, Nymz. It doesn’t feel as bad as last season, although the points deduction was a huge contributing factor to the feeling of doom and gloom. Hopefully that doesn’t apply this season.

Obviously the whole Friedkin, 777, Moshiri being a nob stuff isn't great but I don't want players using any of that "noise", as Dyche calls it, as an excuse to be crap.

Last edited:
….that’s fair, Nymz. It doesn’t feel as bad as last season, although the points deduction was a huge contributing factor to the feeling of doom and gloom. Hopefully that doesn’t apply this season.

Well there’s no committed owner

No permanent board of directors

No permanent CEO

We’ve got 100s of millions of debts to various different organisations at high interest rates

We could be taken over at any point and everyone replaced

Were still walking a PSR tightrope, and the cash position in the organisation is still prohibitive

We’re still selling a top playing asset each summer just to fund squad refreshes

But apart from all of that there’s no issues

No permanent CEO

We’ve got 100s of millions of debts to various different organisations at high interest rates

Were still walking a PSR tightrope, and the cash position in the organisation is still prohibitive

We’re still selling a top playing asset each summer just to fund squad refreshes

Yes, but aside from all that, what on earth have we got to worry about this year?

No permanent CEO

If we had all of the above Sean Dyche wouldnt be near this club.

He is here because of that.

Also none of that matters when he is in training everyday setting his team up to launch it and defend against all opposition.
A change of personnel in the playing staff wont change that.

If we had all of the above Sean Dyche wouldnt be near this club.

He is here because of that.

Also none of that matters when he is in training everyday setting his team up to launch it and defend against all opposition.
A change of personnel in the playing staff wont change that.

So if you’re at work, and you’re heading into the final year of your contract, you’re trying to bring in new team members. There might be a takeover at any point, and if not the company might be in the toilet. There’s no direction at the top. Of course you can still do a decent job in those circumstances but it’s highly unlikely this doesn’t impact anything in the club.

Imagine the transfer discussions ‘are you going to be manager next season?’ ‘Don’t know’. ‘There’s a long term project here’ ‘have the new owners backed it? ‘Dunno, not sure if I’ll even be here myself.’

Absolutely naive to think that the certainty at the club isn’t affecting on field performance regardless of who the manager is

He has to perform well to have an answer to this question. Also, if you watch any of the recent interviews with our signings most say they've not really even spoken to the manager.

It’s same principle for director of football, for CEO, for owner. They’re on a project at the moment which is Moshiri’s/Chong’s/Thelwell’s/Dyche’s. All 4 could be done after a takeover. Every single player out there knows it.

It’s same principle for director of football, for CEO, for owner. They’re on a project at the moment which is Moshiri’s/Chong’s/Thelwell’s/Dyche’s. All 4 could be done after a takeover. Every single player out there knows it.

If we offer Dyche a 3-year deal today, can he still answer the question "will you still be here next season?"

If we offer Dyche a 3-year deal today, can he still answer the question "will you still be here next season?"

His contract is irrelevant until the ownership situation is resolved. It doesn’t change the fact that the lack of certainty around everything at the club (including the manager position) will impact most operations across the club including recruitment on and off the pitch.

A change in ownership and a decision on DoF and Manager futures is paramount.

His contract is irrelevant until the ownership situation is resolved. It doesn’t change the fact that the lack of certainty around everything at the club (including the manager position) will impact most operations across the club including recruitment on and off the pitch.

A change in ownership and a decision on DoF and Manager futures is paramount.

And you think that is, right now, affecting the manager and the players on the training pitch?

Reactions: JLW
So if you’re at work, and you’re heading into the final year of your contract, you’re trying to bring in new team members. There might be a takeover at any point, and if not the company might be in the toilet. There’s no direction at the top. Of course you can still do a decent job in those circumstances but it’s highly unlikely this doesn’t impact anything in the club.

Imagine the transfer discussions ‘are you going to be manager next season?’ ‘Don’t know’. ‘There’s a long term project here’ ‘have the new owners backed it? ‘Dunno, not sure if I’ll even be here myself.’

Absolutely naive to think that the certainty at the club isn’t affecting on field performance regardless of who the manager is
I dont think it is affecting them, both the players and manager are on bullet proof contracts they're getting paid regardless.

Do you actually believe many if any players actually care about the club and its off the field mess? I dont for one minute. They are not arsed in the slightest which means they go into training fully focused.

This is an excuse for players and managers to hide behind for under performing.
DCL wanting a bigger improved contract when the clubs skint! This doesn't sound like someone who is affected by the off field stuff

And you think that is, right now, affecting the manager and the players on the training pitch?

its probably affected the players we’ve been able to recruit (or not).

I’d like to think they’re doing their best to block it out but I don’t know any work place that functions the best it can knowing that at any point through no performance metric based reason you’re more likely than not to be given your marching orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back