2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just based on a pointless preseason game, I predict 3421 would be our best formation (that will never happen). I like the potential that Jakey boy brings on the offensive side. If people have to account for he, Tarks and Branners then all hell will break loose defensively for the other team on set pieces and such.

Ndiaye and Jesper behind the striker alternating to drop deep and receive the ball with Jnasty on the free kicks

Just based on a pointless preseason game, I predict 3421 would be our best formation (that will never happen). I like the potential that Jakey boy brings on the offensive side. If people have to account for he, Tarks and Branners then all hell will break loose defensively for the other team on set pieces and such.

Ndiaye and Jesper behind the striker alternating to drop deep and receive the ball with Jnasty on the free kicks
Sounds good.

Best we can do is 4-4-2 hoofball.

…..been working hard on set-pieces by the look of things;

IMG_9833.jpeg

…..been working hard on set-pieces by the look of things;

View attachment 267763
So far it's been a focus on hilariously tough physical prep (that has given us several injuries) and set pieces.

I'd like to remind you that you've said he'll do better this year and he'll provide expansive football with ideas and not just hoofing. So far we've had exactly the same as every year he's had with both us and Burnley. Odd how things are exactly the same with him, but let's see how the season starts :)

So far it's been a focus on hilariously tough physical prep (that has given us several injuries) and set pieces.

I'd like to remind you that you've said he'll do better this year and he'll provide expansive football with ideas and not just hoofing. So far we've had exactly the same as every year he's had with both us and Burnley. Odd how things are exactly the same with him, but let's see how the season starts :)

…..I thought we were fine to watch at times last season, especially given what was going on within the club but it’s pointless revisiting that discussion.

We’re still a basket case, rudderless in terms of ownership, Board and governance. It’s impossible that doesn’t manifest itself on the pitch.

I stand by my view that I’d like to see Dyche manage this team with greater quality at his disposal and stability in the club. I appreciate that’s an unknown. Hopefully no points deduction this season, the first benchmark is 20 points at Christmas. We need to get into BMD with our top flight status intact and Dyche gives us the best chance of that.

I know you really don’t rate him whilst I clearly do. We can judge at the end of the season.

…..I thought we were fine to watch at times last season, especially given what was going on within the club but it’s pointless revisiting that discussion.

We’re still a basket case, rudderless in terms of ownership, Board and governance. It’s impossible that doesn’t manifest itself on the pitch.

I stand by my view that I’d like to see Dyche manage this team with greater quality at his disposal and stability in the club. I appreciate that’s an unknown. Hopefully no points deduction this season, the first benchmark is 20 points at Christmas. We need to get into BMD with our top flight status intact and Dyche gives us the best chance of that.
Can't wait for the next excuse, as you've already started making those before we've even kicked a ball.

I know you really don’t rate him whilst I clearly do. We can judge at the end of the season.

Are we really a basket case club right now?

We're just another club that's on the market looking for a buyer. Quite a few teams are. No points deductions, stadium almost ready, what's basket case about us at the moment?

Flat out refuse to have anything like that as an excuse for poor performances this season.

Are we really a basket case club right now?

We're just another club that's on the market looking for a buyer. Quite a few teams are. No points deductions, stadium almost ready, what's basket case about us at the moment?

….that’s fair, Nymz. It doesn’t feel as bad as last season, although the points deduction was a huge contributing factor to the feeling of doom and gloom. Hopefully that doesn’t apply this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back