2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the Onana, Gana, Doucoure thing doesn't really work and I think he needs to solve that over the international break.
I think for the midfield to work it needs someone to knit it together, someone to hold possession and control the tempo of the game. Can Garner do it, I’m not sure. But to get the midfield working means playing 4 in there and that means you can’t really play any wingers.
I’d try.
Onana. Garner. Doucoure
Gana
Gana sitting behind the other 3
And that position is where you’ll get the best out of Onana. Whether there on the left or on the right, I’m not sure his favoured side. He seems to start on the left even though he’s right footed.

Last edited:
Delusional. This is the worst I remember us being this early in the season (apart from possibly the 94-95 season) off the back of two poor seasons. We are in deep doo do. Blind faith will not solve it, action will.

My only fear is the people sacking him would be the people appointing their replacement…it wouldn‘t surprise me if they tried to coax Christian Gross out of retirement.
Mate if the Geordies don't buck there ideas up then Eddie Howe may be available. Lost 3 in 4 games albeit against tough opposition but we know how owners become twitchy

But that's the point; we are not on seven points, we are on one after one of the easiest four fixtures we could have asked for when the fixtures were released.

And we would have been on zero if Pickford did not make that double save.

Also, the midweek game was against Doncaster, and they scored first.

Perspective, please.

Thank You!

Hold on...easy 4 fixtures? Villa away and Fulham at home aren't "easy" based on last season.

We kicked off with the same squad that stayed up by the skin of their teeth last season apart from 38 year old Ashley Young replacing a 24 year old Myko who isn't premier league standard.

Same team played against Villa away that suffered From going off and an semi fit Danjuma coming in... against a team way ahead of us.

We play Wolves at home that's the same team as the previous 2 games apart from adding 2 academy players.

We then expect 3 points.

We bring in a striker and win one, draw one, scoring 4 after 0 in the previous 3 games.

We're the 2nd lowest spenders in the league.

That's perspective.

Mate if the Geordies don't buck there ideas up then Eddie Howe may be available. Lost 3 in 4 games albeit against tough opposition but we know how owners become twitchy
I don’t think they’re like us when we had a bit of money…they seem to have gone down a different, more sensible path, but we shall see, they may not necessarily sack him soon.. He has done better than expected at Newcastle, but I am not sure that the Howe of Bournemouth is too far away from the surface and with our players that could be fatal imo.

Hold on...easy 4 fixtures? Villa away and Fulham at home aren't "easy" based on last season.

We kicked off with the same squad that stayed up by the skin of their teeth last season apart from 38 year old Ashley Young replacing a 24 year old Myko who isn't premier league standard.

Same team played against Villa away that suffered From going off and an semi fit Danjuma coming in... against a team way ahead of us.

We play Wolves at home that's the same team as the previous 2 games apart from adding 2 academy players.

We then expect 3 points.

We bring in a striker and win one, draw one, scoring 4 after 0 in the previous 3 games.

We're the 2nd lowest spenders in the league.

That's perspective.
Opinions vs. Opinions...

Let's see where we are after 10 games if Fraud Dyche is still in charge.

If we are close to mid-table I will accede to your "perspective".

If we are still in the relegation zone, then you are entitled to your opinion.

Hahahaha dear me. Doncaster and Sheff Utd.

Neither of these games should be considered “tough”. If we’re finding these tough then god help us because we don’t have a more winnable away game all season.

Doncaster away was tough because the players made it so. It shouldn't have been but until Beto came on...it was.

United had just given City a tough game at home last week. Have lost games by a small margin. They're not getting rolled over like Luton and Burnley (£100mill net they've spent too with hipster Kompany steering clear of the boos), they look like a side that will collect points over the season but will struggle to stay up cos they can't score having sold their best players and not spent.

Was always going to be a tough away game for a team that has had an awful away record for years.

But the point was having a striker as a focal point which we didn't have the last 3 leagu games. It shows

Opinions vs. Opinions...

Let's see where we are after 10 games if Fraud Dyche is still in charge.

If we are close to mid-table I will accede to your "perspective".

If we are still in the relegation zone, then you are entitled to your opinion.

If you remove Chelsea and Newcastle from the bottom half of the table...those teams will be battling it out all season in their own league.

That was always gonna be the case before a ball was kicked or who was in charge of this club.

We've finished another window lacking 4 players.

Buckle up because doesn't matter who's in charge...we don't have the squad to NOT be in that 7-8 bottom half team tussle.

Yeah, this was my view when he came in - for last season.

The problem is, at some point, we've got to look beyond just avoiding relegation.
We can do that when we have a board and ownership fit for purpose. As long as Kenwright remains, forget it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back