2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think current trajectories - and Howe's history as an Evertonian - will be putting him close to the top of the "next Everton manager" list.

There's certainly a chance his and Dyche's fates line up, and him filling the Everton job would be a conversation both parties might have at that point, you'd think.
Did you see the gob on the Saudi woman at the end of the Brighton game? Whatever she was whispering to the fella nextdoor didn't appear very pleasant.

Listen here. Just because I have a positive mental attitude and a different view to most over this it doesn't mean anything other than that. This is my 60th year as an Evertonian and I've seen a lot of managers come and go. I was confident we'd come back against Wimbledon when losing, even with Mike Walker as manager, because there is something about the fans at Goodison that makes the players fight to the very end, like Crystal Palace and Bournemouth. I don't want Dyche to be the manager in charge when we move into the new stadium but I think he will keep us in the Premier League until we do. I've never knee-jerked early in the season and that includes when we've started well. Bed-wet as much as you like but my sheets will always be dry.
Delusional. This is the worst I remember us being this early in the season (apart from possibly the 94-95 season) off the back of two poor seasons. We are in deep doo do. Blind faith will not solve it, action will.

My only fear is the people sacking him would be the people appointing their replacement…it wouldn‘t surprise me if they tried to coax Christian Gross out of retirement.

No striker - lose 3 with 0 goals.

Bring in a striker - score 2 and get a point in a tough away game..on the back of a midweek game where we also scored 2.

Beto comes in the summer, we're sitting on 7 points IMO.

Main worry is defence and midfield now. Onana and Gana aren't good enough to carry a whole season.
But that's the point; we are not on seven points, we are on one after one of the easiest four fixtures we could have asked for when the fixtures were released.

And we would have been on zero if Pickford did not make that double save.

Also, the midweek game was against Doncaster, and they scored first.

Perspective, please.

Thank You!

Bring in a striker - score 2 and get a point in a tough away game..on the back of a midweek game where we also scored 2.

Main worry is defence and midfield now. Onana and Gana aren't good enough to carry a whole season.
Yeah, the Onana, Gana, Doucoure thing doesn't really work and I think he needs to solve that over the international break.

A pretty impossible question for me to answer.

I answered Potter last time it was posed and was told we have no chance of getting him and I cant even dispute that.

So unless I knew who fancied it and who didnt, no idea.

Despite my ramblings the last few pages, we have a manager and I just have to hope he can start picking up results soon.
I agree btw that he needs to go and I was one who thought he would bring a Moyeseque quality circa 2004-2005 to the team…some scrappy 1-0 wins based on luck and a plucky team attitude. He has shown none of that yet.

I think while we have in theory remedied the malady of the attack, our midfield is non existent…imo that is the weakest area of the team. Gana is passed it, Onana completely overrated (I would have sold and generally strengthened) and Garner is meh.

Hahahaha dear me. Doncaster and Sheff Utd.

Neither of these games should be considered “tough”. If we’re finding these tough then god help us because we don’t have a more winnable away game all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back