Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who replaces dyche though? What wizard is going to get a tune out of the players we have?

Perhaps the players are speaking out (behind the managers back) because he is making them work for their pay packets.

Judge Dyche over the next 3/4 games, players will be back and we have some winnable fixtures again
By that do you mean Luton? As that is the only 'winnable' fixture as they are usually defined.

All of the others are against opposition that are undoubtedly better than us, or at the very least, have much deeper squads. If we are to stand a chance of staying up this year, we are going to need to get 6 or 7 points from those to give us something to build from. Dyche is simply incapable of managing the situation.

Another big problem we will face is that games are going on longer, meaning Dyche's old antics of running down the clock simply won't work, particularly when every other side have stronger benches. This means being canny enough to know when to bring on bodies purely for the energy to close out a game, even if the quality isn't there. Dyche doesn't do that. He will have our side blowing tugs at the end of every game.

We also have the issue that he does not set up the defence properly and still hasn't organised the midfield in an appropriate way. Considering he is a meat and two veg style manager, the set pieces are terrible. There is no analysis to them. He just comes up with one way of doing it - the Onana knockdown - and carries on regardless when other clubs employ set-piece coaches etc.

He is a very lazy, arrogant manager.

Dyche has to show what he is made of, and show on the pitch, that the team are working on their flaw and fallibilities namely defending, crossing and scoring. Hopefully, Beto, along with others, can/will help us score goals. That will put even more emphasis on defending. No better way to start than Arsenal at home.

Who replaces dyche though? What wizard is going to get a tune out of the players we have?

Perhaps the players are speaking out (behind the managers back) because he is making them work for their pay packets.
No one, he's irreplaceable and we can't fire him too, which is a situation we've put ourselves in. Probably an actual practical manager rather than a dinosaur.

Speculation on the 2nd line to be honest but it might also be because he's not that great on the training pitch as well? Imagine having to meat the criteria to "be ready" and doing beep tests every day for a few weeks for it lol Honestly surprised he's started Beto this early but I suppose it is because we have no one else (as Chermiti can't start proper games, he's not over 25).

We actually have enough good players to finish mid-table, but it's the injuries that may and probably will hurt us.

Pickford
Tarkowski (despite a bad start)
Branthwaite
Onana
McNeil
Garner
Harrison
Beto
Danjuma
DCL

These are all good players. The likes of Doucoure, Gueye, Patterson, Coleman, Gray I'm sure will be used and can all do a job as they've proven before (just not as regular starters for a majority of the season hopefully, except Patterson who I hope to see quickly improve with a proper wide player ahead of him).

If we get lucky with no consecutive lengthy injuries we can easily be ok.

Obviously if both Beto and DCL were out for a month we can pretty much agree there will very likely be zero points gained in that time, or if Tarkowski and Branthwaite got injured then we're screwed.

Just have to hope we get fortunate for four months and have at least the possibility to get a few loan players in in January.

Us fans should have learned by now that it isn't about sacking the manager - it's about having a better one available that wants to come here.

I'm not comparing him with some imaginary manager that won't come.

His start to the season has dissappointed me though - seems like pre-season hasn't achieved much - perhaps we will see some fitness benefits. The Gray situation has been awkward too - no doubt being lent on by financial needs however.

Losing McNeil, DCL and having to wait for Beto can't have been ideal.

He's done an ordinary job in a difficult situation.

Us fans should have learned by now that it isn't about sacking the manager - it's about having a better one available that wants to come here.

His start to the season has dissappointed me though - seems like pre-season hasn't achieved much - perhaps we will see some fitness benefits. The Gray situation has been awkward too - no doubt being lent on by financial needs however.

All of our managerial searches in recent years have been utterly dreadful though, our only criteria for a manager is 'PL experience' we limit our market massively. I go back to the Dyche appointment, Kenwright and co wanted Dyche whereas it was reported Thelwell wanted Corberan, well from a profile point of view Corberan and Dyche are about as opposite as it gets. We need joined up thinking when it comes to this stuff.

We only ever hire managers who've previously managed in the country so i'm not filled with optimism on the potential replacements.

Dyche needs to be given some time now that he has a proper ST. If we're still languishing come end of October then I could see the plug being pulled.

Julen Lopetegui would have to be first choice in any case.

Dyche has to show what he is made of, and show on the pitch, that the team are working on their flaw and fallibilities namely defending, crossing and scoring. Hopefully, Beto, along with others, can/will help us score goals. That will put even more emphasis on defending. No better way to start than Arsenal at home.
You want him to show what he is made of but if he does not the new manager will have zero time to avoid being relegated...

We only ever hire managers who've previously managed in the country so i'm not filled with optimism on the potential replacements.

Dyche needs to be given some time now that he has a proper ST. If we're still languishing come end of October then I could see the plug being pulled.

Julen Lopetegui would have to be first choice in any case.
October is too late. We'll have two points from 7 matches and seven points off second last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back