2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
And he will have my utter respect for it..
But hopefully by the time we move to BMD ( aswell as board and investment ) we will have lined up a manager that will take the reigns on getting this club back on track and moving us forward.
What?
If he's still here when we move into BMD....Jan 2025 or more...That very fact will prove he's moved us forward...how far forward who knows, but he will have done a hard job well.

Are there any other managers that people look at (that are either out of work, or way down the food chain given the club will be very reluctant to pay another huge compensation package) and do genuinely think would come in and do a better job than Dyche?

I personally think Dyche is doing a fine job, and is the best we could have in our situation - but I am curious given some people do feel so strongly about Dyche being tactically inept/seem keen to get rid.
First manager in EFC history to lose first 3 games of the season without scoring a single goal. 1 point taken from a possible 12 this season. 22 points taken total in his 22 league games. 37 goals conceded in his 22 league games. 23% win rate over his 22 league games. Currently 1 point above rock bottom of the table.

Not exactly my definition of 'a fine job'.......

A few wins, a few draws, get clear of the bottom three, he keeps his job. Rightly or wrongly, I suspect that is the extent of Moshiri's ambition nowadays.

Another solitary point from the next four games and he's got to be in trouble.

Thelwell must have someone in mind, just in case, wouldn't he?
Considering we've sacked our last two managers without so much as a beforehand thought of "what do we do next?", I wouldn't hold my breath that the league's No1 Brain Trust would be ahead of the curve this time around, should it come to pass.

I have no idea why some people believe that if Dyche doesn't win his next couple of games he's under immense pressure.

Are you kidding me? Have you seen how long its taken for Moshiri to pull the trigger on sacking our last few managers?

As per, the manager wouldn't be sacked until about a dozen games later than the fanbase realises his time is up and there'll be no replacement even being thought of.

You've got bags of time, Sean.

Do your worst!
Pretty much spot on, sadly.

We've let our last two no-marks lose about a dozen games before eventually giving them the boot, so there's no reason to think the club are going to rush into yet another multi-million pound pay off if we don't have a few wins on the board within a month or two.

Are there any other managers that people look at (that are either out of work, or way down the food chain given the club will be very reluctant to pay another huge compensation package) and do genuinely think would come in and do a better job than Dyche?

I personally think Dyche is doing a fine job, and is the best we could have in our situation - but I am curious given some people do feel so strongly about Dyche being tactically inept/seem keen to get rid.
While I have a degree of patience regarding Dyche right now, partly because I think there are 3 worse teams than us and we are financially treading water, the way we played a narrow backline for the entirety of the Villa game when Digne was getting acres of space throughout was either tactically inept or a dereliction of duty. I don't doubt that Dyche has a greater footballing knowledge than I do, so it beggars belief really. Can't explain it, can you?

What?
If he's still here when we move into BMD....Jan 2025 or more...That very fact will prove he's moved us forward...how far forward who knows, but he will have done a hard job well.
Because BMD is hopefully the new beginning to me, a total reset and overhaul of the infrastructure of this club. Which includes, the Board, Investment and i'm sorry to say, a new Manager.

I'm not saying he won't have done a hard job, he will have done (His) job.
And he will have my utter respect for that...

If you're saying 2025 or later his contract will basically be up anyway so no parting on bad terms.

I, we, all want to see progression and to do that from our state, will mean some big hits ( that not everyone will like ) along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back