2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant say too much, but the apple does not fall far from the tree.

Because BMD is hopefully the new beginning to me, a total reset and overhaul of the infrastructure of this club. Which includes, the Board, Investment and i'm sorry to say, a new Manager.

I'm not saying he won't have done a hard job, he will have done (His) job.
And he will have my utter respect for that...

If you're saying 2025 or later his contract will basically be up anyway so no parting on bad terms.

I, we, all want to see progression and to do that from our state, will mean some big hits ( that not everyone will like ) along the way.
I actually appreciate Dyche's approach to trying to change the culture of the squad before moving to BMD, cause I think BMD being a hard reset is a bit of a red herring. Financially, I suspect it would be more useful to the club than the fans. We need a reset long before we move to BMD or we'd just asphyxiate as a club. There is no denying that the match-going experience at Goodison shapes what it means to be an Everton Fan and there is no underplaying the impact of moving to a new ground on the fans as well. Ignoring Tottenham for now, Arsenal's Stadium move was accompanied by considerable anxiety in the first few years just because it was not Highbury, and just managed to get through the trophy drought years due to the constancy that was Wenger with swathes of fans going really hard on him. I don't want to even consider our current totem to be honest, and if anything I would want the fans to be that constancy but I don't know anything about that front. Oh, I also appreciate the compactness and similarities of BMD to Goodison seating btw.

I actually appreciate Dyche's approach to trying to change the culture of the squad before moving to BMD, cause I think BMD being a hard reset is a bit of a red herring. Financially, I suspect it would be more useful to the club than the fans. We need a reset long before we move to BMD or we'd just asphyxiate as a club. There is no denying that the match-going experience at Goodison shapes what it means to be an Everton Fan and there is no underplaying the impact of moving to a new ground on the fans as well. Ignoring Tottenham for now, Arsenal's Stadium move was accompanied by considerable anxiety in the first few years just because it was not Highbury, and just managed to get through the trophy drought years due to the constancy that was Wenger with swathes of fans going really hard on him. I don't want to even consider our current totem to be honest, and if anything I would want the fans to be that constancy but I don't know anything about that front. Oh, I also appreciate the compactness and similarities of BMD to Goodison seating btw.

at the moment it’s hard to see a future

dyche is just gotta keep us up

First manager in EFC history to lose first 3 games of the season without scoring a single goal. 1 point taken from a possible 12 this season. 22 points taken total in his 22 league games. 37 goals conceded in his 22 league games. 23% win rate over his 22 league games. Currently 1 point above rock bottom of the table.

Not exactly my definition of 'a fine job'.......
didn’t realise how bad he’s
been

I'm not sure you get my point when I talk about BMD, I'm not really talking about the matchday experiences in a bigger stadium, I use BMD as the only guarantee'd 'forward change' in this clubs recent profile.
So I look at that as the reset, and the 1 thing we need to jump on as a club and carry on from there in moving forward and restructuring the club.

It's the one positive at the mo we have to hang on to...

As for resetting the club before, who wouldn't want that. But sorry, but can you really see that happening given our current state.

didn’t realise how bad he’s
been
We hired a guy who won about 4 of 30 games before being sacked and unemployed for 2/3s of a year as seemingly no other club in the country had any solid interest in persuing his "talents". Even during his Burnley tenure in the Prem, total win rate was about 28% so his current numbers shouldn't be too much of a surprise to anyone. It's about par for the course with Dyche.

Because BMD is hopefully the new beginning to me, a total reset and overhaul of the infrastructure of this club. Which includes, the Board, Investment and i'm sorry to say, a new Manager.

I'm not saying he won't have done a hard job, he will have done (His) job.
And he will have my utter respect for that...

If you're saying 2025 or later his contract will basically be up anyway so no parting on bad terms.

I, we, all want to see progression and to do that from our state, will mean some big hits ( that not everyone will like ) along the way.
Everyone is hoping BMD is a rest and "new dawn" for the club, but I find it largely based on wishful thinking not assured reality.

Look how long the latest incompetent board were here for and what it took for a few to be moved along. The two biggest problems at the football club are still here with no guarantee they'll be gone anytime soon; certainly not just because we kick a ball in a new stadium.

There's no guarantee of a new board from right now come BMD any more than there is of investment or takeover. MSP seems dead in the water, the 777 thing doesn't really seem to have legs at this point. We can hope, but a new stadium is no guarantee of quality investors beating the door down.

As for Dyche: so long as he finishes at least 17th he's safe as houses - potentially for years to come. The whole "just get to BMD as a Prem team" is short thinking to me; the second we get there imagine the panic of potentially dropping out of the Prem and all those new sponsorships and commercial deals people seem to think will be queuing up for us dropping by 30% etc etc. Methinks survival will be the 'ambition' of this club for a lonnngggg time to come.

Well we are horrible to watch so that's a start I suppose lol
1.webp

"It was like that before I got here."

We hired a guy who won about 4 of 30 games before being sacked and unemployed for 2/3s of a year as seemingly no other club in the country had any solid interest in persuing his "talents". Even during his Burnley tenure in the Prem, total win rate was about 28% so his current numbers shouldn't be too much of a surprise to anyone. It's about par for the course with Dyche.
I mean it's par for the course for Everton over the past few years too.

I think the philosophy is fine and refreshing. Win the ball high up the pitch, play lots of through balls be direct and get shots off, look for the counter, etc. If you’d take away the bias from the end results, I’d say the games were (apart from Villa) exciting to watch. There is a plan unlike Lampard. I just question whether he is good enough to carry it out at this point. Early doors but I’m entirely unconvinced and don’t think he will last 5 more weeks.

I think the philosophy is fine and refreshing. Win the ball high up the pitch, play lots of through balls be direct and get shots off, look for the counter, etc. If you’d take away the bias from the end results, I’d say the games were (apart from Villa) exciting to watch. There is a plan unlike Lampard. I just question whether he is good enough to carry it out at this point. Early doors but I’m entirely unconvinced and don’t think he will last 5 more weeks.
Im not his biggest fan, but I agree, we have created chances in all games, im ignoring the Villa game, cos reasons, but yes, we certainly should have had better results.

Ideally the fella gets it together and starts picking up points, very soon.

I think we have a very decent first 11 if we can get some injured players back, excited, well maybe not the right word, intrigued to see what a team of Harrison, McNeil and Beto can do, add a little bit of Dele and we are talking Semi.

Tough old game up next for the fella, but our recent record against Arsenal isnt bad, so heres hoping his fans are strutting around like cocks come 8pm Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back