2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not his biggest fan, but I agree, we have created chances in all games, im ignoring the Villa game, cos reasons, but yes, we certainly should have had better results.

Ideally the fella gets it together and starts picking up points, very soon.

I think we have a very decent first 11 if we can get some injured players back, excited, well maybe not the right word, intrigued to see what a team of Harrison, McNeil and Beto can do, add a little bit of Dele and we are talking Semi.

Tough old game up next for the fella, but our recent record against Arsenal isnt bad, so heres hoping his fans are strutting around like cocks come 8pm Sunday.
I am conflicted on Dyche because the guy WANTS to set and play the way I would want us to play. In his own words “pace and power” no dilly dallying get the ball towards the goal and create chances. But our defensive errors have been so comically bad that I am convinced he is another Roberto in that department and it is all downhill once you get to that point.

For his sake I HOPE the players are the problem and he gets them mentally in shape for the rest of the season. I’m starting to buy into the idea that he just isn’t good enough. Regardless of us how laughable our board is.

Im not his biggest fan, but I agree, we have created chances in all games, im ignoring the Villa game, cos reasons, but yes, we certainly should have had better results.

Ideally the fella gets it together and starts picking up points, very soon.

I think we have a very decent first 11 if we can get s, ome injured players back, excited, well maybe not the right word, intrigued to see what a team of Harrison, McNeil and Beto can do, add a little bit of Dele and we are talking Semi.

Tough old game up next for the fella, but our recent record against Arsenal isnt bad, so heres hoping his fans are strutting around like cocks come 8pm Sunday.
I think you will be disappointed tbh, it will be McNeil being pushed onto his right foot and losing the ball and Harrison trying to cross into Beto who is being marked by CB who are equally the same size as he is, it's all very predictable and easy to play against. A bit of magic from someone like Dele could be what is needed, needs to get on the pitch first though.

I am conflicted on Dyche because the guy WANTS to set and play the way I would want us to play. In his own words “pace and power” no dilly dallying get the ball towards the goal and create chances. But our defensive errors have been so comically bad that I am convinced he is another Roberto in that department and it is all downhill once you get to that point.

For his sake I HOPE the players are the problem and he gets them mentally in shape for the rest of the season. I’m starting to buy into the idea that he just isn’t good enough. Regardless of us how laughable our board is.
The man was at Burnley for about a decade and won about 28% of his games before being sacked for winning 4 in 30 was it?! Stevie Wonder could have told you he's not very good.

Not that i am pessimistic or anything but I am expecting 0 points in the next 2 games. We could actually go to the next international break without a win with this turnip in charge tbh. Cannot imagine us winning any game.

I'm not sure you get my point when I talk about BMD, I'm not really talking about the matchday experiences in a bigger stadium, I use BMD as the only guarantee'd 'forward change' in this clubs recent profile.
So I look at that as the reset, and the 1 thing we need to jump on as a club and carry on from there in moving forward and restructuring the club.

It's the one positive at the mo we have to hang on to...

As for resetting the club before, who wouldn't want that. But sorry, but can you really see that happening given our current state.
Fair enough. But once we have the BMD in our hands, we have to have some idea about what we are doing else we will sink like a stone. So rather than an investment, it might be a sale when the BMD is completed but we need investment money and expertise before we get there. I am okay with accepting that Dyche is the best we can do and that he works on a shoestring budget so long as the processes and players are in place by the time we make the move. We can't be twiddling our thumbs here, we have to try to get out of the mire.

While I have a degree of patience regarding Dyche right now, partly because I think there are 3 worse teams than us and we are financially treading water, the way we played a narrow backline for the entirety of the Villa game when Digne was getting acres of space throughout was either tactically inept or a dereliction of duty. I don't doubt that Dyche has a greater footballing knowledge than I do, so it beggars belief really. Can't explain it, can you?

Definitely tactically inept; but: (1) Outside of the very very best managers that wouldn't come to Everton, most head coaches do make major tactical errors; (2) Its further exacerbated at Everton because the options of any manager of the club are currently extremely limited in terms of the style, and set up that can be played.

Marcelo Gallardo

Would be fully on board, but it is a massive risk to hire someone like that in the middle of the season without the opportunity to amend the squad - moreover, I really don't think he would come here

First manager in EFC history to lose first 3 games of the season without scoring a single goal. 1 point taken from a possible 12 this season. 22 points taken total in his 22 league games. 37 goals conceded in his 22 league games. 23% win rate over his 22 league games. Currently 1 point above rock bottom of the table.

Not exactly my definition of 'a fine job'.......

Fair point. I think a couple of those can be explained away by simple rank luck, but I'm aware one might very reasonably say that I would say that, wouldn't I lol

Everyone is hoping BMD is a rest and "new dawn" for the club, but I find it largely based on wishful thinking not assured reality.

Look how long the latest incompetent board were here for and what it took for a few to be moved along. The two biggest problems at the football club are still here with no guarantee they'll be gone anytime soon; certainly not just because we kick a ball in a new stadium.

There's no guarantee of a new board from right now come BMD any more than there is of investment or takeover. MSP seems dead in the water, the 777 thing doesn't really seem to have legs at this point. We can hope, but a new stadium is no guarantee of quality investors beating the door down.

As for Dyche: so long as he finishes at least 17th he's safe as houses - potentially for years to come. The whole "just get to BMD as a Prem team" is short thinking to me; the second we get there imagine the panic of potentially dropping out of the Prem and all those new sponsorships and commercial deals people seem to think will be queuing up for us dropping by 30% etc etc. Methinks survival will be the 'ambition' of this club for a lonnngggg time to come.
Short Thinking !

It's called hope m8, and that's all we've got at the mo.

You sound like you need to try a bit of 'wishful thinking' Especially when we are building a reason to find a glimmer of hope/positivity..

This club has been killing us all m8 and it's hard to see anything going right. But with your outlook, why haven't you just knocked it on the head!!

Short Thinking !

It's called hope m8, and that's all we've got at the mo.

You sound like you need to try a bit of 'wishful thinking' Especially when we are building a reason to find a glimmer of hope/positivity..

This club has been killing us all m8 and it's hard to see anything going right. But with your outlook, why haven't you just knocked it on the head!!
And you sound like you need to try a dictionary "m8" unless you actually think a motorway in Scotland has become self aware and joined a football forum.

You can have all the hope and 'wishful thinking' you want (I do love a bit of Go West!) - I don't discourage it, hell I "hope" to win the lottery and run away with a supermodel or five, but facts are facts and reality is reality. There is absolutely nothing to suggest a shiny new stadium will be some 'magic bullet' in terms of investment or takeover or boardroom changes or remotely competent managerial appointments. We can read the tea leaves and cross our fingers, but it's not a guarantee. It wasn't at Arsenal, it wasn't at Tottenham, it wasn't at West Ham.

But hey, who am I to shatter the solely-fan-driven idea that a new building for Keane & Godfrey & Mykolenko to kick a ball in will have us on track after 30+ years of meh. I'm sure the biggest companies in the world along with the most bestest players and managers in the land will be fighting it out to be associated with our not-London-based club once we've finally dropped £750m to be in the 6th/7th (?) largest stadium in the country.

I'm sure "Good Times Are [magically] A-Coming!" - how could they not be?!?... (actually that does sound like a good title for a musical now I think about it).

And you sound like you need to try a dictionary "m8" unless you actually think a motorway in Scotland has become self aware and joined a football forum.

You can have all the hope and 'wishful thinking' you want (I do love a bit of Go West!) - I don't discourage it, hell I "hope" to win the lottery and run away with a supermodel or five, but facts are facts and reality is reality. There is absolutely nothing to suggest a shiny new stadium will be some 'magic bullet' in terms of investment or takeover or boardroom changes or remotely competent managerial appointments. We can read the tea leaves and cross our fingers, but it's not a guarantee. It wasn't at Arsenal, it wasn't at Tottenham, it wasn't at West Ham.

But hey, who am I to shatter the solely-fan-driven idea that a new building for Keane & Godfrey & Mykolenko to kick a ball in will have us on track after 30+ years of meh. I'm sure the biggest companies in the world along with the most bestest players and managers in the land will be fighting it out to be associated with our not-London-based club once we've finally dropped £750m to be in the 6th/7th (?) largest stadium in the country.

I'm sure "Good Times Are [magically] A-Coming!" - how could they not be?!?... (actually that does sound like a good title for a musical now I think about it).
God, you are one 'Happy Chappy'

Nobody is saying any of the above, it's the hope that it's the start in us moving in the right direction.
If you haven't got hope, what have you got..

Why don't you start writing that musical and enjoy that m8, cos Everton just doesn't seem good for you.

God, you are one 'Happy Chappy'

Nobody is saying any of the above, it's the hope that it's the start in us moving in the right direction.
If you haven't got hope, what have you got..

Why don't you start writing that musical and enjoy that m8, cos Everton just doesn't seem good for you.
As I say, I'm all for "hope", but hope doesn't affect reality. The people in control of this club do.

Plus I am fond of musicals - I'm currently writing one about a transsexual with a lisp. It's called "Man Or Myth". I'll get you tickets, once you can learn to spell that is. (Don't worry, I can teach you; I'm one of few EFC fans whose life is legitimately not affected one way or the other by what people I've never met at a football club I have no control over do or don't do. Give it a try sometime; it's quite liberating).

I dont want to list all his negatives, cos I think theres a lot, but im leaning more towards this, sadly.

Everyone says how bad our squad is year on year. Arguably our squad is slightly better equipped because we have some attackers now but its almost the same squad of the past two seasons that different managers have struggled with.

If he had spent loads of money and still didnt perform its an easy argument to make but hes been asset stripped and relied on frees, loans and crazy ass deals to have a squad that he now needs to mould.

I personally think he needs time to see if he can get this cobbled together bunch results. We have created many chances when we only had Maupay or with Danjuma who has been settling in to choose from. Those chances with a Beto or DCl we would have beaten Fulham and Wolves IMO.

I dont want to list all his negatives, cos I think theres a lot, but im leaning more towards this, sadly.
He reminds me a bit of Mike Walker in all honesty. Someone who looks so far out of his depth.

He has been dropped on a massive pile of steaming dogshite like; the same with Lampard and Dyche, they shouldn’t be left to the Wolves because of the total incompetence of this board and inability to speak to the fans.

He turns it around, great, a better Everton for us all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back