2023/24 Sean Dyche

But that's my answer.

Said it elsewhere, there's a weird stick being used to bear Dyche which goes along the lines of Kompany got Burnley playing in the championship so he's better than Dyche.

Well, he's doing bloody badly in the Prem, so neither.
It's not though - Dyche has many years as a prem and championship manager and he's absolutely diabolical and can't set up a team to save his life.

It's not though - Dyche has many years as a prem and championship manager and he's absolutely diabolical and can't set up a team to save his life.
It is. Because I don't care what Kompany was doing in a division below. Yet loads on here were making out he's the new Pep... and he's below us in the table.

That's not to say Dyche is a genius footballing wise owl, but it's just embarrassing stuff really.

It is. Because I don't care what Kompany was doing in a division below. Yet loads on here were making out he's the new Pep... and he's below us in the table.

That's not to say Dyche is a genius footballing wise owl, but it's just embarrassing stuff really.
But people have been using how Burnley walked the Championship as an excuse for Dyche as well like.

They're both garbage currently but I somewhat have more trust in one of them adapting and being better, and it's not Dyche tbh lol

But people have been using how Burnley walked the Championship as an excuse for Dyche as well like.

They're both garbage currently but I somewhat have more trust in one of them adapting and being better, and it's not Dyche tbh lol
Frankly, the fact we have to discuss which of them would do a better job for us is horrible.

Next topic: Warwick or Pulis would give us a better xg

Apart from pinching my earlier premise Re. a Mandate He's not thought it through.
All the top brass are, it's true, effectively (Biden-esque?) lame ducks.
But there is a 'Designated Survivor'...The Director of Football - Kevin Thelwell, he still has the theoretical authority, he is in the chain of command.

All this ‘nobody has authority to sack Dyche’ stuff is nonsense. There’s a common theme with all our managers bar Ancelotti. They all had the fans turn on them and they all got fired quickly after they lost the majority of fans.
Yes plenty will say rightly that Lampard should’ve been sacked sooner but the truth is he still had supporters during the World Cup break and was probably 50/50 supported by match going fans

If Dyche loses the fans, which he will if he doesn’t get minimum four points Luton and Bournemouth and put in far far better performances, he’ll be fired

Because it took Moyes a few seasons to build that balance.

He got the time to do that, but things have changed now and managers don't get time as with a few bad results, panic sets in, the manager gets fired and we start the whole cycle off again.

I'm not saying we should keep / fire Dyche, but we just seem to keep getting stuck in this rut of hiring and firing, then we all moan about the balance of the side as if the two things aren't connected
I agree the problem ever since Moshiri came in there was no plan. Failing to sack Bobby after losing 4-0 to Liverpool, then waiting until, before Norwich to sack him was ludicrous. The whole DOF thing should if been binned, nobody knew who was making decisions, Moyes signed players he wanted, same with Martinez. Koemann was a panic appointment and he was worse than Martinez. The whole Moshiri era has been depressing beyond belief, how can you spend the amount we did and end up with the team we did around Christmas under Allardyce, Jonjoe Kenny at right back, Martina at left back, Ashley Williams and an aging Jags in defence, with Davies, Snidey and even Banigneme getting played. You could understand Moyes limitations, but I remember in his last season us playing at Arsenal and coming away with a 0-0 and being unhappy he didn't go for the win, now people are accepting defeat before a balls being kicked. Dyche isn't too blame for most of the things that have gone wrong at Everton, but at the same time, he's a accomplice if he didn't have a go at Moshiri. I said to my mate in the pub, the most idiotic thing would to put DCL on for Beto and that's what Dyche did. He might as well of put Chermiti, Garner and Patterson on right after they scored.