2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite Saturday, I want him sacked, didn't want him, don't want him, put simply, he was not good enough for Burnley then he ain't good enough for us.

Have never wavered, never will.

Happy to get a good win, would need a huge turnaround from him and how play in EVERY game and then me to change my mind.

I just don't see it in him. Sorry.
look that's fine. Im not a huge Dyche fan.

My concern however is who could we realistically get who is better. Potter? Lopetegui?, granted they are names but would they come across? Would they suit the squad we have? Are there any other options? Potter couldn't cut the mustard with the resources of Chelsea, but then again could he keep us up? Lopetegui left wolves because thye were selling players and not replacing them, why would he come to a club in the same situation?

I think for all the criticism of his favorites like Keane he has dropped him, perhaps his comments on Branthwaite needing a few extra weeks is spot on as he's been great since he came in.

He has faults for sure, but while the points gained hasn't been there, I do think his tactics have produced enough chances and hopefully we start seeing those chances being converted. Hes done this whilst being hamstrung by an owner that has been or is unable to provide any assistance, this should be considered.

But again, what's the plan if we move him on. I just think he's the best option for now. Regardless, if he is sacked or not, we need a clear plan going forward, sacking him then putting out an advertisement for the position isn't a good plan.

Pretty sure nearly everyone at extreme ends of the Dyche love-hate spectrum is wumming to some degree. Can see this thread becoming quite quiet otherwise.
Id like to think of myself as a Dyche moderate.

Again all I want to see is a plan before making any moves on him. I don't think sacking him and then inviting applications is going to work.

If they can identify and get some gague of interested parties before deciding as harsh as thatd be to Dyche i think its the only option if we were to change mangers.

He needs four points from the next two home games to build any sort of trust and hope in this latest incarnation of the train wreck called Everton.

Also too because the run of games coming up beyond that is gonna need some bank of goodwill. Six points sees him to the New Year probably which takes him into deep water as a long serving modern Everton manager.
That run looked horrific in July/August but Chelsea and United both stink. There's only really 3 you could consider completely lost causes and that's Spurs City and that lot at mordor

I can't stand Dyche's approach or personality but right now given our financial position and apparent aim to simply stay in the division he's probably as good as we are going to get.
I'd like to think that if we do stay up , have a clear out ( which will naturally occur with the number of out of contract players)and modest investment in the squad with a takeover that we will get rid of Dyche and bring in a far more progressive manager.

Id like to think of myself as a Dyche moderate.

Again all I want to see is a plan before making any moves on him. I don't think sacking him and then inviting applications is going to work.

If they can identify and get some gague of interested parties before deciding as harsh as thatd be to Dyche i think its the only option if we were to change mangers.
Regardless of how well a manager is doing, there should always be a shortlist of replacements.

The lifespan of a manager is so short now that it’s almost unimaginably reckless not to have one.

Even the managers who did well here left after being poached.

The club can’t be in control events, so it ought to at least plan for when the inevitable happens one way or another.

I think Dyche is the right manager at the right time
I’ve said enough about feeling bad for him for the first two home games where he was absolutely screwed over by us not buying a striker as we played well in those games and I’m convinced we would’ve won with Beto and or DCL
I also thought we were unlucky with Dom’s injury against Villa but the capitulation after they scored first was worrying

Arsenal game was awful though and that’s the first time I’ve been angry at his tactics. We had a team capable of getting something from that game and the fact we didn’t even attack after going a goal down was very worrying. Brentford was a great performance though and everything we want from Everton - hard working with some quality and goals.

Play like that the next two league games and we’re probably top half of the league and things are looking a lot calmer. Don’t dare put that arsenal performance in against the RS though or even after 3 back to back wins in the league the fans will turn quickly!

Regardless of how well a manager is doing, there should always be a shortlist of replacements.

The lifespan of a manager is so short now that it’s almost unimaginably reckless not to have one.

Even the managers who did well here left after being poached.

The club can’t be in control events, so it ought to at least plan for when the inevitable happens one way or another.
Well they havent been in the past which led to Benitez and Lampard hires.

You know, seeing how crap the likes of Luton and Sheff Utd are i am like mildly optimistic of our ability to stay up. Things certainly seem better after getting that first win and actually moving out of the relegation zone, but the metric for me is still 9 points after the Bournemouth game - meaning the next two are must-wins for me to count out my doubts about him.

I can't stand Dyche's approach or personality but right now given our financial position and apparent aim to simply stay in the division he's probably as good as we are going to get.
I'd like to think that if we do stay up , have a clear out ( which will naturally occur with the number of out of contract players)and modest investment in the squad with a takeover that we will get rid of Dyche and bring in a far more progressive manager.
What's wrong about his personality. He always comes across as quite affable, balanced and reasonable. There are a lot of people in the game who talk about him as being a genuinely good person who looks to help his players as people rather than an egomaniac who throws everyone under the bus when the pressure is on.

Is it genuinely his personality you dislike or the cliched portrayal and gruff voice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.