2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t actively “want” an Everton manager to fail. I didn’t “want” Lampard sacked, but I knew he had to be in the end, because he was proving himself to be useless. I’d much rather Dyche become competent and still be our manager at the end of the season than have to go through more upheaval, so I can’t say I “want” him sacked.

Do I think he will see out the season in the job though? No, because I don’t think he’s a very good manager.
I think he will cos of how low the bar is now. A 14th / 15th place finish with safety assured well before season end will be seen as a success. That’s where we are unfortunately

He has to string wins and goals together. Those have been his two biggest shortcomings thus far. We have had 3 out of four games with at least 2 goals since Beto has come in so that is a good start. We have one win in the league and have a very winnable game against Lutron coming up next weekend. If he wants a long term job, he has to get more consistency.

He needs four points from the next two home games to build any sort of trust and hope in this latest incarnation of the train wreck called Everton.

Also too because the run of games coming up beyond that is gonna need some bank of goodwill. Six points sees him to the New Year probably which takes him into deep water as a long serving modern Everton manager.

Despite Saturday, I want him sacked, didn't want him, don't want him, put simply, he was not good enough for Burnley then he ain't good enough for us.

Have never wavered, never will.

Happy to get a good win, would need a huge turnaround from him and how play in EVERY game and then me to change my mind.

I just don't see it in him. Sorry.

Those who look down their nose at us having a manager from Burnley might need to remember we had a manager from Oldham not long ago.

Those who look down their nose at us having a manager from Burnley might need to remember we had a manager from Oldham not long ago.
I don't think it's really anything to do with the actual club, it's how they perform and management style at the club.
You could say - Moyes-Preston
And I wouldn't go as far as saying Royle was not long ago when he was appointed manager, possibly before a lot of people on here were even born..
Nearly all managers start off at lower level clubs, It's how they manage that counts..

Despite Saturday, I want him sacked, didn't want him, don't want him, put simply, he was not good enough for Burnley then he ain't good enough for us.

Have never wavered, never will.

Happy to get a good win, would need a huge turnaround from him and how play in EVERY game and then me to change my mind.

I just don't see it in him. Sorry.

To me stability at this point of time is more important than if he is good enough. 'Good' probably means a different thing to every supporter and if you define it as consistently challenging for Europe then you are possibly right that he won't hit those levels. For me at this point in time I believe good is that he can leave the club in a better shape than he found it and keep us away from the brown stuff until the stadium opens. Once that happens and we can start to put a budget together that isn't just the behind the sofa fund then it might be worth a crack finding a manager to take us up another notch.

Hopefully we can gain the points over the next few matches to keep our name out of the list of relegation candidates and if we can a fair percentage of us will be happy enough for now to just try and heal from the PTSD we've suffered from for too long. Swapping managers and the subsequent turnover of players is why we are where we are so I'm keen not to risk adding to it by binning Dyche too early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.