2023/24 Sean Dyche

You could use that metric for every single side mate - did City win the league because of the other 19 teams results ?

I think you're being harsh on Dyche and its fair to say most didnt want him from the start which clouds their judgement on him. He has a dinosaur reputation and thus gets little rope (although I wouldn't say we play hoof ball).

Today was dissapointing but the place is to bi polar at times - on Wednesday Dyche was brilliant and we were guaranteed a place in the Quarters after the Burnley draw now today we're awful and Dyche is a disgrace and needs potting.

Calm heads are needed right now particularly when you have those US vampires on the verge of buying us - God knows what will become of this grand old club based on their reputation/antics.

The manager is the least of our worries right now until such time we're in the bottom 3 places then maybe a discussion is needed on his position (imo).
The complete opposite mate, a manager is the only thing that can stop this club from sinking right now.
We could have Citys owners but if you have Dyche as manager then relegation is a possibility.

Incredibly manipulative is Sean
I dunno about that, but it's just his general lack of taking responsibility for losses that winds me up. It's always just the small details, and the players, and never anything he did.

But unfortunately being abysmal in both 18 yard boxes is a pretty big detail in football. None of our home performances have been good enough - there have been far far too many mistakes and far too much conservatism when games have been there to go and win.

Dyche is just not a winning manager at this level. You don't move to another club and suddenly start winning consistently when it hasn't happenned before.

The only reason I can find not to sack him is that at some point we do have to stick with someone for longer than 18 months because the progress won't be linear.

Though I've hoped, I've always struggled to believe Dyche is that guy.

The approach in the second half was embarrassingly bad. Played right into Luton's hands and barely created a thing.

Dropping Fulham and Wolves put the pressure on him. But the problem is we give away too many free goals. Regardless of personnel that shouldn’t be happening. Complete breakdowns. I don’t care how bad our fullbacks are- this has reached and probably surpassed Roberto levels of incompetence on the defensive side. I don’t care how many shots we have or how good we can look in spurts. Having these errors time and time again is on the manager. It doesn’t look like it’s going to improve. Thumbs down.

Regardless or how it happened, losing today was always going to be difficult to justify.

Yet again we've been the better team and yet again we've failed to put chances away.

I'm actually more bothered/concerned about conceding from set pieces in the way we did.

Fulham, Wolves, Sheff Utd and now Luton. We are now about 8 to 10 points down on what we *should* have. Is that Dyche's fault? I don't know - I credit him with a big improvement in performances, but today was a concern. That was a game we simply couldn't lose, so it's going to add pressure despite performance levels getting better.

I said earlier in the week that getting rid shouldn't even be a discussion because we'd been playing well but eventually there would come a point where if performances weren't turned into points then we'd need to reassess. I still feel the same, but today is proper hammer blow and one I didn't think for a moment would actually happen, so it's a real worry.

I heard Dyche would invite her to a dinner party. Didn't hear him say he's from a tory family and will always vote tory
To be fair so would I.

poisoning-rep.jpg

Cant be arsed to check. But 4 home defeats on the bounce at the start of the season. Is that the worst record of any Everton manager. Not even the start of the season. Just losing 4 on the bounce at any time.
Apparently you have to go back to 1958/59 for the last time that happened...