2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that the young tall lad at the back if so he looked ok. A bit raw but to be expected.

Yes 6'5 and the majority of us think he has the potential to reach the top.

Not sure where the raw opinion comes from, perhaps as he wasnt showing the 'polished' side of his ball playing but more of a wrestling match with your guy all game or catching and tackling your players when on the turn.

Good play on the physical side yesterday while typically hes showing more of a ball playing side to his game.

Sorry lad, the only mention I saw of Branthwaite was by Zatara, if I missed you mentioning him maybe my eyes are going.

See his post quoted above.

Not sure where the raw opinion comes from, perhaps as he wasnt showing the 'polished' side of his ball playing but more of a wrestling match with your guy all game or catching and tackling your players when on the turn.

Good play on the physical side yesterday while typically hes showing more of a ball playing side to his game.

He has potential but didn’t enjoy himself against our big lads but not many will.

He caught my eye Goat, not responsible for either goal and, once again, in my opinion, our best player by a country mile.
He was defo jointly responsible for the first goal, along with the entire defence, the 2nd goal is on Myko for just falling asleep and letting their Striker ghost in.

Not blaming the boy for the defeat, he was still very decent and along with DCL did as much as they could "alone".

It wasn't one of his more polished displays Zat, he had to match their centre forward, is it Morrison, for aggression and strength. He did that very well, for a kid of his age he met the physical challenge admirably. Luton gave us a lesson yesterday, they had watched us and knew how disorganised we are facing set pieces into our box, the worked out a plan of how to exploit it and then implemented it. Where on earth did this Myth about Dyche organizing the ams and making them hard to play against come from?

He was defo jointly responsible for the first goal, along with the entire defence, the 2nd goal is on Myko for just falling asleep and letting their Striker ghost in.

Not blaming the boy for the defeat, he was still very decent and along with DCL did as much as they could "alone".
Actually, looking at it again, the player who scores, number 4 was being marked by Branners.

1 second after this picture he moves away from Branners who briefly falls asleep and he scores.

number4.webp

goal.webp

He has potential but didn’t enjoy himself against our big lads but not many will.

Thought he had your players in his pocket but for set pieces which is on our useless manager.

It wasn't one of his more polished displays Zat, he had to match their centre forward, is it Morrison, for aggression and strength. He did that very well, for a kid of his age he met the physical challenge admirably. Luton gave us a lesson yesterday, they had watched us and knew how disorganised we are facing set pieces into our box, the worked out a plan of how to exploit it and then implemented it. Where on earth did this Myth about Dyche organizing the ams and making them hard to play against come from?

This Burnley dyche we heard to be defensively sound is a myth.

I was impressed Branthwaite showed he can handle the physical side and not only what weve seen this season in the technicsl aspects.

Actually, looking at it again, the player who scores, number 4 was being marked by Branners.

1 second after this picture he moves away from Branners who briefly falls asleep and he scores.

View attachment 229815
View attachment 229816

Cant attribute blame to individuals at set pieces as theres no strategy.

Thought he had your players in his pocket but for set pieces which is on our useless manager.

I was impressed Branthwaite showed he can handle the physical side and not only what weve seen this season in the technicsl aspects.

Its a clear set piece set up, Branners allows his man to move ahead and score.

Look, I dont want to shaft Branners, he looks a very, very good prospect and he was mostly great yesterday, but, if I want to be really harsh, he failed to do his job and the other team scored.

The 2nd goal was also down to Myko just totally ignoring the number 9 and allowing him to score.

But you have an anti-Dyche agenda to push, so will just ignore these facts.

Dont get me wrong, he needs sacking for losing that game, but yet again, for me, individual errors are what lets us down.

I put that down to Dyche horrific man management skills, he couldnt motivate a fart.

There's no way the xg should have been as high as it was for that game. The chances were all half chances. Dyche can't use it as saying we played well because frankly we didn't miss any clear cut chances, not like we did against Fulham. A few beto headers spring to mind but other than that the second half particularly was as bad as I've seen at Goodison

Apparently our xG is evelated somewhat because the goal we did score took 3 bites of the cherry, rather than counting as one chance, it counts as 3 fairly high xG chances.

First half we made chances, second half was poor. The only real one fell to Beto and tbf he should have buried it.

I can attribute blame for the goals conceded from set pieces Zat, they're do n to Dyche and his team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back