2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I’d like him and his straightforwardness. Being really honest, it’s hard to argue with what he says post match every week, and was again let down by individuals. Not a chance in the world that we don’t practice defending set pieces, and not a chance players (mostly internationals since their late teens) need telling to stay tight and attack the ball if it’s in your area of responsibility. But the way he makes his points is so bloody annoying, and if he is like that through the week, I’d think he was a div if I was a player. His approach/manner really needs to get results for players to not just roll their eyes. This squad needs more than cliches and hard yards. It need structure, patterns, roles and responsibilities. And a bit of charisma to follow.

Funny how none of the players have uttered the words “change the story” yet. Because it’s not wrong, but sounds stupid when said every third sentence.

If i was playing for him id have been chuffed coming into this game that finally we had found the right formula.

Then id have been disappointed at the line up and wondered how long this chump had left.

Conceding through set pieces my head would have gone down and id have wondered why we need to follow his tactics as it wasnt working.

Then id probably be speaking with the senior players to complain and vent.

A better question would be who would come here that would be worse than him? I’d have to have a long think about that one.

Its impossible for me to find a single positive to him at the moment.

Patterson or Young, the choice between the plague and cholera! Patterson cant play football, Young is 10 years past his prime.

Yet Patterson has had some good games for us, even the last match and when he came on he was levels above young.

Yet Young is always starting despite being our worst player every single game.

Thought it was just bad luck for your guys yesterday. They couldn’t get it going and the crowd got on top of them and they couldn’t handle it. Could have went either way pal.

Who did you think our best 3 players were ?

They must need some more time to fix a squad in crisis. Progress doesn’t come easy when what you’re working with is so poor.

Going through everyone who played yesterday the 3 that stand out as being poor this season are Young, Gana (both by some distance) and Doucoure (performances up/down and masked by goals).

The team of our better players is mid table level when compared with those expected to finish bottom half.

Those chances we had went from good build up play to an entire half of pure agricultural football and lack of tactics.

The manager cant setup a defence or midfield nor create patterns of play.

Its hard to see what he is doing.

If i was playing for him id have been chuffed coming into this game that finally we had found the right formula.

Then id have been disappointed at the line up and wondered how long this chump had left.

Conceding through set pieces my head would have gone down and id have wondered why we need to follow his tactics as it wasnt working.

Then id probably be speaking with the senior players to complain and vent.

Its impossible for me to find a single positive to him at the moment.

Yet Patterson has had some good games for us, even the last match and when he came on he was levels above young.

Yet Young is always starting despite being our worst player every single game.

Who did you think our best 3 players were ?

Going through everyone who played yesterday the 3 that stand out as being poor this season are Young, Gana (both by some distance) and Doucoure (performances up/down and masked by goals).

The team of our better players is mid table level when compared with those expected to finish bottom half.

Those chances we had went from good build up play to an entire half of pure agricultural football and lack of tactics.

The manager cant setup a defence or midfield nor create patterns of play.

It’s hard to see what he is doing.
Yesterday our bus agreed that Onana, Pickford and Calvert Lewin are you best hopes at keeping Everton where they belong pal.

Our goal this season is to avoid relegation until BMD is built / the ownership/board situation is resolved.

I trust Dyche to finish above the bottom 3 spots with the squad we have particularly when Coleman and Harrison are back fully fit and in the starting 11.

talk of paying Dyche off to bring in someone like Potter, Rooney, Pulis just doesn't float FB92's boat. Its just wasting money that could be going to the new ground or transfers.

I think its been apparent that we're a counter attacking team and have been for years now over numerous managers of varying CV's. Even the great Carlo Ancelotti had us beaten at Goodison by already relegated Sheffield Utd because the onus was on us to dominate possession and beat them similiar to yesterday.
Explain your working out. Why do you trust Dyche to finish 17th or above? He's already played against Sheffield Utd and Luton and has 1 point from 6, they are 2 of the teams that everyone thinks will be relegated. What on earth makes you trust Soundbite Sean to make sure we won't be the ones to go with them? He has, with the exception of Coleman, had his first choice team available for a while now and yet, we continue to struggle. He is going to take us down, he is a myth of a manager. Much like 'Sir Farhad' is a myth of an owner without his fat Uzbeki mate funding him.

Yesterday our bus agreed that Onana, Pickford and Calvert Lewin are you best hopes at keeping Everton where they belong pal.

Very good players and when you add the likes of Branthwaite, Tarkowski, McNeil and a potentially effective pair of Patterson and Harrison on the right we certainly dont look short of player quality.

What did you make of Branthwaite btw? He seemed to have your main forward in his pocket in open play at least.

Very good players and when you add the likes of Branthwaite, Tarkowski, McNeil and a potentially effective pair of Patterson and Harrison on the right we certainly dont look short of player quality.

What did you make of Branthwaite btw? He seemed to have your main forward in his pocket in open play at least.
Is that the young tall lad at the back if so he looked ok. A bit raw but to be expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back