2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a clear set piece set up, Branners allows his man to move ahead and score.

Look, I dont want to shaft Branners, he looks a very, very good prospect and he was mostly great yesterday, but, if I want to be really harsh, he failed to do his job and the other team scored.

The 2nd goal was also down to Myko just totally ignoring the number 9 and allowing him to score.

But you have an anti-Dyche agenda to push, so will just ignore these facts.

Dont get me wrong, he needs sacking for losing that game, but yet again, for me, individual errors are what lets us down.

I put that down to Dyche horrific man management skills, he couldnt motivate a fart.

No anti-Dyche "agenda" from me.

I actually believed and bought into:

A: Him being defensively sound
B: Him being someone who gains through fine margins like Moyes e.g set pieces
C: Structured and a mini-mourinho type

But after the Villa game and his changes back to proven failure ive lost hope. Nothing i was open to being true about him is positive.

There seems to be zero positive to keep him.

As for Branthwaite, it may as well have been Keane or Young -- i dont see how we can blame them for his ineffective setup.

Thought he had your players in his pocket but for set pieces which is on our useless manager.

This Burnley dyche we heard to be defensively sound is a myth.

I was impressed Branthwaite showed he can handle the physical side and not only what weve seen this season in the technicsl aspects.

Cant attribute blame to individuals at set pieces as theres no strategy.
If he did then the Hatters wouldn’t have taken the points pretty easily pal.

There's no way the xg should have been as high as it was for that game. The chances were all half chances. Dyche can't use it as saying we played well because frankly we didn't miss any clear cut chances, not like we did against Fulham. A few beto headers spring to mind but other than that the second half particularly was as bad as I've seen at Goodison

Apparently our xG is evelated somewhat because the goal we did score took 3 bites of the cherry, rather than counting as one chance, it counts as 3 fairly high xG chances.

First half we made chances, second half was poor. The only real one fell to Beto and tbf he should have buried it.

We won the xG is Dyche’s version of Martinez’s we won the passing.

Cant think what the term is now but XG covers shots...the true metric has another term which escapes me.

This other metric is for chances which are pretty much certain goals

For that, Iwobi had 4 of those created all last season and Onana had 3 created by our 3rd game this season.

To see how many actual expected goals we have we should be using the other metric not the XG ironically.

Yesterday i expect we may have had 1 (our goal) and at best 1 or 2 more if being very generous -- but our realistic expectation from those chances imo would be 2 goals.

If he did then the Hatters wouldn’t have taken the points pretty easily pal.

You scored from 2 set pieces -- i wrote "open play".

Dyche had a reputation for a solid defensive setup...weve only seen poor tactics in every defensive area -- including set pieces.

Cant think what the term is now but XG covers shots...the true metric has another term which escapes me.

This other metric is for chances which are pretty much certain goals

For that, Iwobi had 4 of those created all last season and Onana had 3 created by our 3rd game this season.

To see how many actual expected goals we have we should be using the other metric not the XG ironically.

Yesterday i expect we may have had 1 (our goal) and at best 1 or 2 more if being very generous -- but our realistic expectation from those chances imo would be 2 goals.

You scored from 2 set pieces -- i wrote "open play".

Dyche had a reputation for a solid defensive setup...weve only seen poor tactics in every defensive area -- including set pieces.
They count from set pieces just the same pal.

I find it so bizarre when opposition fans seek out other clubs forums (fora?), create an account and engage with people.

This Luton fan seems alright but just couldn't do it myself.

Anyway, up the bitter blues.

If the Premier League is "poor overall" what does that make literally every other league in the world? Let's be fair here. Everton are crap, but this league is hard and as strong as any league has ever been.
It’s rammed down everyones throats by SKY,BT etc that it is THE best,think our league is now similar to what we have laughed at for years up in Scotland,since the inception of the PL other than the “big hitters” who has won the league,Blackburn,Leicester?the FA cup,us,Portsmouth,Wigan?League cup,Villa,struggling to think of another,yes City are superb,others over the years like Chelsea,Arsenal,Man U and even that shower have been magnificent,but my point is even a team as poor as ourselves would not require major tweaking to finish top half comfortably,you can’t convince me i’m afraid about the overall quality of this league.

Explain your working out. Why do you trust Dyche to finish 17th or above? He's already played against Sheffield Utd and Luton and has 1 point from 6, they are 2 of the teams that everyone thinks will be relegated. What on earth makes you trust Soundbite Sean to make sure we won't be the ones to go with them? He has, with the exception of Coleman, had his first choice team available for a while now and yet, we continue to struggle. He is going to take us down, he is a myth of a manager. Much like 'Sir Farhad' is a myth of an owner without his fat Uzbeki mate funding him.

He did it last season with no CF and up against better opposition for those 3 spots in Leicester, Leeds and Southampton.

These newly 3 promoted clubs + Bournemouth are the pits. We're in no trouble of going down this season (imo).

Too many bedwetters and/or fans with PTSD of the 90's & last 2 seasons. 7 games in - lets relax and see where we are come December then maybe we can worry if we're still around the bottom 3 spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back