2023/24 Sean Dyche

Dyche has been here long enough to sort out at least some of the problems, but by nearly almost every metric we are getting worse. He them tries to weasel himself out of any blame whatsoever. The fact he s tryimg to infer the fans could be the cause as well shows the lengths of his desperation.

Hiding behind the “underlying numbers” also says to me that he isn’t going to change a thing and will keep doing what’s been proven to not work over and over again expecting it to suddenly work. So get used to Young at right back, Garner on the wing, one up front with Doucoure playing off him, zonal marking at set pieces, route 1 if we go behind in a game.

Not if his defence was watertight.

But this chap cant setup a defence, midfield or constuct a set piece strategy.
It is Zat. If your averaging a goal a game over 400 games, the margins to win an actual game of football balances on a knife edge.

Granted, a tighter defence aids the possibilities. However, the variables during a football game almost cancel it out

Dyche just needs to give the onana garner cm setup a decent run now and let them develope a relationship, Doucore pops up with goals here and there but that aside offers nothing, scores some but equally misses loads, no vision, no composure, just running. Gana also needs phasing out, can be brilliant but equally horrific now.

The times gone were players should start for work rate or pressing, we need to be more dynamic and intelligent in midfield, its been our main problem for years. Iwobi, gana, doucore just not been good enough. Genuinely think garner onana can work, especially with hard working wingers either side.

I find it very telling that his team is basically him and Stone and Woan. That's a very small management setup for this level of the game and I really don't see how you can cover all the bases with 3 people.
In the 2 interviews i have read of Stone & Woan, it is very much centralised around 'this is how we did it at Burnley'

Its a very narrow minded and arrogant approach!

After the brentford game, Dyche got asked a question about Thomas Frank & if his appearance on MNF gave him more insight to how he plays, i'm paraphrasing here but Dyche's response was ' We have all the analysts and stats guys anyway, every time a new manager comes in and people get excited about a new technique or a new way of doing things, in reality, its something we all do and all have at this level'

That's a very narrow minded approach from Dyche & his coaching staff! There is always something new they could try, there is always a different approach someone can take by looking at it from a different perspective! To just brush any thing like this off is pretty arrogant!

Eddie Howe ( i know!) in his time out of football went to go and watch Simeone train for a while, he never sat on his hands and thought 'I'm going to approach this Newcastle job exactly as i did at Bournemouth'

In the 2 interviews i have read of Stone & Woan, it is very much centralised around 'this is how we did it at Burnley'

Its a very narrow minded and arrogant approach!

After the brentford game, Dyche got asked a question about Thomas Frank & if his appearance on MNF gave him more insight to how he plays, i'm paraphrasing here but Dyche's response was ' We have all the analysts and stats guys anyway, every time a new manager comes in and people get excited about a new technique or a new way of doing things, in reality, its something we all do and all have at this level'

That's a very narrow minded approach from Dyche & his coaching staff! There is always something new they could try, there is always a different approach someone can take by looking at it from a different perspective! To just brush any thing like this off is pretty arrogant!

Eddie Howe ( i know!) in his time out of football went to go and watch Simeone train for a while, he never sat on his hands and thought 'I'm going to approach this Newcastle job exactly as i did at Bournemouth'

I wonder what could possibly go wrong with using a relegated team that won 4 games in 32 as a blueprint to follow.

I find it very telling that his team is basically him and Stone and Woan. That's a very small management setup for this level of the game and I really don't see how you can cover all the bases with 3 people.

“Well, we really don’t have a plan B. We didn’t expect for the first plan to work. Sometimes you can overplan these things.”

IMG_4009.jpeg