2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dyche second relegation at Burnley, he had played 30 Premier League games winning just 4....

Not his fault though!

View attachment 232595

Just my opinion mate. I don't think it should go unrecognised that his budget compared to everyone else's was minuscule. If you don't spend in the PL now, you will struggle. We know that all too well these last couple of years.

To your point though, if we weren't skint, didn't have FFP issues and in general weren't a basket case of a club when Dyche came in... say we were more mid-table with money available, I would be advocating for a more progressive manager like Postecoglou or Howe.

You could be right mate, I personally think momentum is everything in football and as soon as they were able to spend money it's snowballed for them.

If Howe is still there by the end of next season, he'll have probably have proved me wrong as I don't think the Saudi's well hesitate in bringing in an elite manager if Howe starts to drop off.
I initially thought he'd be a stopgap and they'd ship him out asap but he's exceeding expectations, including the money spent.
Players love him and he seems a genuinely sound bloke

I'm happy for him and have to admit I was one of those that didn't want him :(

You could be right mate, I personally think momentum is everything in football and as soon as they were able to spend money it's snowballed for them.

If Howe is still there by the end of next season, he'll have probably have proved me wrong as I don't think the Saudi's well hesitate in bringing in an elite manager if Howe starts to drop off.
I expect to wake up one day and Howe will just be sacked there mate - probably undeservedly so.

Hes done a good job, but hes a stepping stone there, they will have an eye on the next rung up the ladder and a higher profile manager.

Just my opinion mate. I don't think it should go unrecognised that his budget compared to everyone else's was minuscule. If you don't spend in the PL now, you will struggle. We know that all too well these last couple of years.

To your point though, if we weren't skint, didn't have FFP issues and in general weren't a basket case of a club when Dyche came in... say we were more mid-table with money available, I would be advocating for a more progressive manager like Postecoglou or Howe.
Why would you advocate for Dyche to keep us up? Isn`t staying up about amassing points and winning games of football.

The days where you needed an Allardyce or Dyche type have gone, in this day and age the defensive, long ball, play to percentages approach has gone along with the physical approach.... what does Dyche offer other than that, surely it would make sense to appoint for the long haul.

I think people see Dyche as Moyes MKII, he isn`t, at all.

Why would you advocate for Dyche to keep us up? Isn`t staying up about amassing points and winning games of football.

The days where you needed an Allardyce or Dyche type have gone, in this day and age the defensive, long ball, play to percentages approach has gone along with the physical approach.... what does Dyche offer other than that, surely it would make sense to appoint for the long haul.

Dyche's style, especially this season, is nothing like Allardyce

Not sure we are watching the same Everton games mate.

The Moyes comparisons literally begin and end at the fact that they possess the ginger gene.

I totally agree of the likes of Allardyce. But then I think I'm one of those who liken Dyche more to Moyes, I think he can mix it up and he instills good work ethic in the group, which suits the fact we have a complete mismash of profiles of player, a limited budget and have allowed an awful culture of throwing managers under the bus to spread in the last 7 years.

So I think we agree to a degree on what we need but just disagree on whether Dyche actually is that, which is fair enough.

I totally agree of the likes of Allardyce. But then I think I'm one of those who liken Dyche more to Moyes, I think he can mix it up and he instills good work ethic in the group, which suits the fact we have a complete mismash of profiles of player, a limited budget and have allowed an awful culture of throwing managers under the bus to spread in the last 7 years.

So I think we agree to a degree on what we need but just disagree on whether Dyche actually is that, which is fair enough.
For me it all boils down to the fact Dyche doesn`t win enough games.... 2 in 9 this season, 7 in 27 overall. It`s pretty poor and I`m not in the business on judging him on what `he might do`.

It`s a results business... there will be many coming for me now saying xG this and big chances that, all just pointless stats, those don`t keep you up if you don`t get points.

For me it all boils down to the fact Dyche doesn`t win enough games.... 2 in 9 this season, 7 in 27 overall. It`s pretty poor and I`m not in the business on judging him on what `he might do`.

It`s a results business... there will be many coming for me now saying xG this and big chances that, all just pointless stats, those don`t keep you up if you don`t get points.

Yeah I get it mate. I genuinely feel we'll start to get points on the board soon, but with a tougher run of fixtures ahead, I equally see the argument that we are really going to rue blowing that opening set of home games come the end of the season.

I agree, xG won't keep us up, but it does highlight the fact we've been a bit unlucky so far.
Ultimately it will cone good and I think we'll get 40pts before May. Optimistic maybe, but watching us these days feels a lot better than I've been used to.

Dyche second relegation at Burnley, he had played 30 Premier League games winning just 4....

Not his fault though!

View attachment 232595
You're nuts ain't ya?

Earlier you were running around giving it the big one and being a self-licking icecream about getting Howe and Postecoglou calls 'right' as a self-proclaimed footballing sage, now you're on Dyche’s back after these corkers....

1000012795.webp

1000012801.webp

1000012796.webp

NostraThumbus! @Jimishorts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back