2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
In part by accident after Gana’s pre-match injury before Bournemouth, but he’s found a really balanced starting 11 now.
Gana should not be next or near that starting XI. He's been finished for years and was never anything other than somebody who won the ball and then proceeded to give it away cheaply with his next touch. He lacks the basic passing ability that should be a pre-requisite for selection in an Everton midfield.

people can say what they want about how he did it but Everton don’t win too many away games in London (or at all) and it’s two already this season.
All opinions isn't it mate.

He's bloody dreadful imo, actually has options on the bench and refused to use them and just invited so much pressure that wasn't needed. Want to play on the counter? Take that carthorse Doucoure off then and put a player there who can actually control a ball and do something with it.

If I had one BIG complaint about this game it’s that the players were very selfish in this one. Not sure that is on Dyche but we have better decision making in the final 3rd and this could have been much easier.

….I like how he has us set up. We lack quality but we carry threat are well organised and they all put a shift in for the cause.

I get most posters don’t like him but I don’t mind watching Dyche Everton.

Me neither, you can see how with better quality midfielders and attackers the tactical system works well enough to get points at home and away. We’d have had a lot more this season if it wasn’t for some very wasteful finishing in some home games. I don’t see how anyone could say we’ve not improved from where we were in Lampard’s last games vs where we are now.

Got it spot on today but team looked very tired as the game went on. Bit worrying that he watched Doucoure, Harrison and McNeil after 70 minutes and didn't think he had anyone on the bench to replace them. Feel like Doucoure especially was gone after 55 minutes, he had nothing left to give outside of bursts here and there which usually ended up with lazily giving the ball away.

I like Dyche and think he'll do well for us but I do fear he worries that once something is going right making a change for the sake of fitness like that will ruin it. I still back him 100% though, it's a squad and fitness issue rather than a manager issue.

All opinions isn't it mate.

He's bloody dreadful imo, actually has options on the bench and refused to use them and just invited so much pressure that wasn't needed. Want to play on the counter? Take that carthorse Doucoure off then and put a player there who can actually control a ball and do something with it.

….Doucoure was poor today but having somebody who gets ahead of the striker one minute and then blocks a shot on the edge of the box is a plus for the manager and his teammates. He must be a nuisance to play against, if he was consistently good in possession he wouldn’t be at Everton. Certainly not pretty but certainly effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back