2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lack of attacking threat? Christ almighty. We created more than enough chances in that game to win 2 or 3 games, if you are going to criticise him at least knock off the nonsense. That result is solely on dreadful finishing.
Creating chances is irrelevant

He picked an absolutely woeful centre forward to start and the result was we didnt threaten their goalkeeper

Give a young lad a start and stop rewarding Maupay with minutes

Imagine coming in to be the manager of a team left at the bottom of the league due to the board not bringing in players and hiring a terrible manager. Then imagine they give you NO backing despite promises. Then, imagine you go into the next season and start the season with LESS forwards than you had the season you didnt have forwards.

Then imagine fans of that team blaming you, and not the board, for playing your only healthy first team striker and ONLY setting up the team to win 6-1. You'd imagine those fans deserve it a bit. Fortunately thats just the vocal extreme minority and the majority on here are surprised at how much hes been able to produce without any attackers. Since Dyche has joined as manager, the club have purchased him 1 player, a 19 year old yesterday, and have a net spend of minus 62 million.

Spends the entirety of pre season, including against a good Sporting side, pressing high with aggression and purpose only to surrender it on the first game of the season.

At home.

Versus a bottom half side.

He's an absolute coward.

Add to that he throws his son back in despite the useless lump almost taking us down.

I hate everything to do with supporting this team. It's a curse.

Most glaring issues for me is that he is still starting Maupay and makes some terribly late subs.

People talking about lack of attacking football or being boring, we had 19 shots today. I thought it was quite clear the idea is to pass & move quickly to get in behind and it worked really well at times. If we weren't in possession, we controlled our press well without over doing it (Does lead to oppo having good poss numbers). Just no one on this team can finish. Then it felt like as the game went on, we started lacking in the creative through ball department and went back to our old ways a bit.

Nothing like Lampard with crazy 5 at the back formations and no identity moving forward, Dyche keeps it compact but still allows some freedom on the counter. I'm not happy we lost, I again hate the late subs and despise Maupay being near this team but Dyche is the best that we're gonna get now I'm afraid and we need to stick with him during this squad turnover period.

No McNeil hurts us more than many on this site will care to admit but I thought Garner was really decent when he drifted out wide. Dyche is not perfect and I'm very frustrated we blew a good chance today but it's clear to me that there is an idea as to how they want to play, the players just have to get better at finishing off the good work they do create.

Getting in Gnonto will be big IMO. We need more creativity on the wings. DCL staying injury free is another key piece. Have those two work out and I think we avoid relegation comfortably after what I saw today.

Not sure how anyone can say anything but praise for Dyche after that performance. We missed 3 open goals basically and had another disallowed wrongly. We can be disappointed with the loss of course but he put a system out there today that created all of those chances and with anyone of remotely good quality taking them we'd have won 3-1 or 4-1.

He's not the best manager in the world or anything but this was clearly a good job done by him today, he can't go onto the field himself and score tap-ins ffs. If there's anyone to be blamed today it's Doucoure, Maupay and Patterson for missing utter sitters but really the blame should be put on Moshiri and Kenwright considering if they had brought in a striker, even a week earlier, this would've been a relatively straightforward 3 points for us.

Get off the manager's back you lunatics.
I don't think there was anything wrong with the setup and the chance creation was enough to win easily. At the end of the day it was a truly remarkable series of misses and a wrongly disallowed goal.

I think you can at least question any line up that has Maupay in it and whether he's been too inflexible / conservative in his "Dyche fit" requirement and whether even if DCL wasn't there for legitimate reasons Danjuma couldn't have started ahead of Maupay. Even lacking "fit fitness" you would back Danjuma to score once first half.

Spends the entirety if pre season, including against a good Sporting side, pressing high with aggression and purpose only to surrender it on the first game of the season.

At home.

He's an absolute coward.

Add to that he throws his son back in despite the useless lump almost taking us down.

a bottom side that we should of beat

Imagine coming in to be the manager of a team left at the bottom of the league due to the board not bringing in players and hiring a terrible manager. Then imagine they give you NO backing despite promises. Then, imagine you go into the next season and start the season with LESS forwards than you had the season you didnt have forwards.

Then imagine fans of that team blaming you, and not the board, for playing your only healthy first team striker and ONLY setting up the team to win 6-1. You'd imagine those fans deserve it a bit. Fortunately thats just the vocal extreme minority and the majority on here are surprised at how much hes been able to produce without any attackers. Since Dyche has joined as manager, the club have purchased him 1 player, a 19 year old yesterday, and have a net spend of minus 62 million.
The thing is Dyche had an excuse to lose this game as he was without McNeil. But you can’t have a team that misses that many open chances. Needs to make sure they are more focused next week.

Carry on...?

He picked a striker who hasn't score for over a year & one of the worst centre half's in the prem. Actually think about what you’re saying.
your order of who to blame is just not reality. That’s all. You’re fine. Carry on, there are others here that agree with you. Im just not one of them. Im team rationale, reason and logic.

Spends the entirety of pre season, including against a good Sporting side, pressing high with aggression and purpose only to surrender it on the first game of the season.

At home.

He's an absolute coward.

Me too I hate it

Cautious negative manager who always favours the boring uninspiring option and that breeds into our lack of attacking threat
Not sure how you can say that given that it implies he had options, which he didn't. Danjuma isn't fit, he's the only person we could've changed for Maupay to start the game. Looking at his bench today I challenge you to tell me literally anything else that he could've done different, genuinely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back