2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most glaring issues for me is that he is still starting Maupay and makes some terribly late subs.

People talking about lack of attacking football or being boring, we had 19 shots today. I thought it was quite clear the idea is to pass & move quickly to get in behind and it worked really well at times. If we weren't in possession, we controlled our press well without over doing it (Does lead to oppo having good poss numbers). Just no one on this team can finish. Then it felt like as the game went on, we started lacking in the creative through ball department and went back to our old ways a bit.

Nothing like Lampard with crazy 5 at the back formations and no identity moving forward, Dyche keeps it compact but still allows some freedom on the counter. I'm not happy we lost, I again hate the late subs and despise Maupay being near this team but Dyche is the best that we're gonna get now I'm afraid and we need to stick with him during this squad turnover period.

No McNeil hurts us more than many on this site will care to admit but I thought Garner was really decent when he drifted out wide. Dyche is not perfect and I'm very frustrated we blew a good chance today but it's clear to me that there is an idea as to how they want to play, the players just have to get better at finishing off the good work they do create.

Getting in Gnonto will be big IMO. We need more creativity on the wings. DCL staying injury free is another key piece. Have those two work out and I think we avoid relegation comfortably after what I saw today.
It's the job of the recruitment team to make sure this isn't a key piece, because he's not going to.

Creating chances is irrelevant

He picked an absolutely woeful centre forward to start and the result was we didnt threaten their goalkeeper

Give a young lad a start and stop rewarding Maupay with minutes
So, “no attacking threat”? Yet you’ve typed that… Ok Tim. Sounds like you’ve thought this agenda through really well. Have a nice rest of the day

Creating chances is irrelevant

He picked an absolutely woeful centre forward to start and the result was we didnt threaten their goalkeeper

Give a young lad a start and stop rewarding Maupay with minutes

And if it didn't change the result what would be the excuse?

He can play anyone upfront IMO. It won't change we need a striker. It would just paper over a crevasse

Stop defending that decision. You don’t sign a loan striker, give him a number 10 shirt and end up playing our worst striker.
But he also done absolutely nothing? Fair enough if he came on and tire them apart but we looked even worse once he was on the pitch except miss a one on one where he got a 5 yard head start?

There's nothing dyche could've done to make them competent footballers

Won’t have been totally his decision to restrict Danjuma’s minutes today or to leave Gray out or to have Dom be out. Zero true wingers who have started a PL game and we blame him for starting several central midfielders? Could he have started Dobbin up top? Maybe but he’s never played a solo striker role at the top level. Does he override the medical team and give Danjuma the first 45? Maybe but that’s a tough call. I hate that he started Keane over Branthwaite but that decision didn’t really bite him.

If you blame Dyche for that result then you just don’t like him, and that’s fine if you don’t, he’s certainly not everyone’s cup of tea, but it just seems very misguided to me.

I don't think there was anything wrong with the setup and the chance creation was enough to win easily. At the end of the day it was a truly remarkable series of misses and a wrongly disallowed goal.

I think you can at least question any line up that has Maupay in it and whether he's been too inflexible / conservative in his "Dyche fit" requirement and whether even if DCL wasn't there for legitimate reasons Danjuma couldn't have started ahead of Maupay. Even lacking "fit fitness" you would back Danjuma to score once first half.
I'm fairly sure in more cases than not anytime an unfit player starts they usually break down. Danjuma was clearly only able to play 20 minutes, starting him in this game would be like starting Mina or Calvert Lewin, you know exactly what is going to happen and he'll end up injured for longer. Any manager in the world would be rightly slaughtered for playing an unfit player in Danjuma over someone fully fit with Maupay, especially if it ended up in a longer injury.

It's the first game of the season, he can afford to not play Danjuma. Next week Chermiti will probably play, as will Danjuma and Maupay won't. It really isn't a big deal but he did not have many alternatives at all.

your order of who to blame is just not reality. That’s all. You’re fine. Carry on, there are others here that agree with you. Im just not one of them. Im team rationale, reason and logic.
I didn't provide an order, I was talking about Dyche. I and everyone else are fully aware the board are terrible, if you wanted a Hierarchy of who is to blame I could had provided it for you.

But they don't pick the team, it is really simple. Even a deluded Kenwright wouldn't start Maupay.

You are doing a fine job with that rationale of yours.

Not sure how you can say that given that it implies he had options, which he didn't. Danjuma isn't fit, he's the only person we could've changed for Maupay to start the game. Looking at his bench today I challenge you to tell me literally anything else that he could've done different, genuinely.
Keane is a better striker than Maupay

And no I'm not even joking. Swap Maupay for one of the other centre halves and we score today.

To start with Maupay is a slap in the fave to every supporter and every young attacker at the club. Just totalling rewarding inept performances.

But he also done absolutely nothing? Fair enough if he came on and tire them apart but we looked even worse once he was on the pitch except miss a one on one where he got a 5 yard head start?

There's nothing dyche could've done to make them competent footballers
So putting the blame on Danjuma after we conceded a goal after he came on and the team collectively lost the initiative after the goal? So why sign a better striker? Again are you saying Dyche should start maupet every game?

We had 18 shots and 8 on target.

Dyche cannot help us having no fit strikers who can score.

Danjuma clearly not ready for a full 90 at this level and when he had a chance he missed anyway.
Can’t just blame the strikers(not defending maupay). That doucoure 1 on 1 was terrible(should of passed). Patterson missed a massive chance also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back